First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Looked for about 30 minutes and didn't see anything added to my Rubicon. I'm a three time wrangler purchaser at my my dealership though.
Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I found one in the Gladiator I purchased last year. I assumed the dealer installed it to protect their inventory, they never tried to sell me anything.

Now that I think about it, when we bought my wife's Cherokee from the same dealer, I pushed back on the finance shenanigans, I wouldn't even sign the forms saying I didn't want their add-ons, I only signed the forms required to purchase the car. 18 months later when I bought the Gladiator, my salesman didn't send me to the new car finance, he sent me to their used car finance instead. The used car finance guy didn't try to sell anything extra, it was just sign the paper and your done. The new car finance guy probably would have known to remove the locator.

OP
OP
Jhint77

Jhint77

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon Sting Gray
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Dealer told me it was for their inventory protection, to help with insurance. Something about theft from their lot. Told me to toss it in the trash.
Thanks!

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
This seems similar to those KARR alarms dealers use. It's for their own protection while the Jeep is unsold but then a value added POS scam when you buy it. Most are too lazy to remove thing when you say no thanks.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
People steal them from the lots. I'm sure they get a break on their insurance for installing these but anyone stealing brand new vehicle from a lot are going to know how to get around an external OBDII tracker...

Sponsored

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Dealer told me it was for their inventory protection, to help with insurance. Something about theft from their lot. Told me to toss it in the trash.
Thanks!

Definitely take it apart first. Oh you're an A&P? Fun ideas there

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Sounds like your dealer did a terrific job in the pre-delivery inspection process.
Between my Jeep and my stepfathers Ram (both from different dealers, even states). I assume they don't do anything more then take it out of shipping mode and pull some plastic off. Hell looking at Power Wagons at least shows they don't setup the winches at the majority of dealers.

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
Good for you for finding the damn thing. Probably a few thousand other Jeeps driving around your area being tracked without the owner's knowledge.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Good for you for finding the damn thing. Probably a few thousand other Jeeps driving around your area being tracked without the owner's knowledge.
Which may actually be a crime.

I’m not an attorney but if the dealer is so damn sloppy to not remove their tracking device from MY vehicle after I purchased it from them, I’m thinking that I would let my lawyer send them a nasty-gram and then, depending on their response, see them in court.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Which may actually be a crime.

I’m not an attorney but if the dealer is so damn sloppy to not remove their tracking device from MY vehicle after I purchased it from them, I’m thinking that I would let my lawyer send them a nasty-gram and then, depending on their response, see them in court.
Waste of money. Dealers don't care.

Egralia

First Name
Emerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys
what am I missing - I don't see anything in this image that looks like the part in post #1

...so many things I am thinking I can do with one of those trackers... bwahahahahha
if you see closely you can see the wires coming from the obd2 into a fuse and a box by the kick panel. The whole unit was hidden behind the panel. The way I notice it was the wires and a fuse.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else have this under their dash? 325BDA11-3E1A-4FF9-811F-AE8317628B3C

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I found mine couple of mine weeks after purchasing it. I notice the wires were not oem style. Took it off and it’s somewhere in the house now.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else have this under their dash? 325BDA11-3E1A-4FF9-811F-AE8317628B3C
did they cut into ur harness to install that ? or was it an extension pictured here that plugs in somewhere further under the dash.?