First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU '17 GTI
Occupation
IT
I've seen several posts where the sound bar was fully removed for speaker replacements. Is removal compulsory for this job, or does it just make things a bit easier for the installer?
It can be done without pulling it but I didn't want hot molten plastic to rain down on me. It seems to me that when i use a dremel with a wheel it never cuts only melts the plastic. It wasn't that hard to pull either, the dome light was the hardest part

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Dang! You went for all the options! What are your thoughts on the molle panels? Are there two panels (one for each section of the deck) or just the one? I saw you had some things loaded up on it already, do you feel the items hang too low? Did you happen to notice if the deck feels stiffer now or anything? I keep thinking that I need to order these and the foam pads. Did you get the medium grey pads? Yours looks quite different than what is shown on the website, I like your image better.
The panels are solid for sure, and stiffen the lid. There is one panels per section, and I think the extra weight helps reduce vibration, too. I chose all black for the pads.

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
Finally did a big worth while mod !! Picture of the stock left over gears. Went with 4.88 gears on my jl sport . Having new rims and bigger tires make you look good but having better gears make you feel good !! Going take 2 months to break in probably . But it shall be worth it .. bearly have to press the gas to go!! Feels great !! Super low rpms while driving.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? JB21 Grill
are all gears the same...is one better than the other

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Finally got my wheels! Fuel Beast 17x9 -12. Also did the Steer Smarts sector shaft brace.
167748885_10160987836349202_6978692382788047011_n.jpg
@Scarabmike

Looks great!

Next, might I suggest..... Diode Dynamics, Clear Sidemarkers and also black door lock covers.. 8-)

Blue 179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys sport wrangler 2 door
My new JLU was delivered with 42ish PSI all the way around (one of the things I brought with me for my own PDI was a tire pressure gauge.)

Having joined the forum on the day I ordered the vehicle, I already knew to set the tires to 37 PSI cold (meaning just the drive home from the dealer was a bit squirrelly). After the pressure was reset, my Jeep drives as sweetly as it should.

I've seen several posts where the sound bar was fully removed for speaker replacements. Is removal compulsory for this job, or does it just make things a bit easier for the installer?
i just installed 6.5 coaxials with adapter today. I did not remove it, and I thought it was very easy. I used a dremel with a straight cutting bit, not a cutting wheel, this couldn’t have worked better.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Cut out the Euro fender guard thingies on my Sport JLU. Couple of the metal threaded insert things spun loose in the plastic on the passenger side when I was removing them, they were really tight. I managed to grab them with needle nose pliers, and put light oil on the screws going back in and it seemed to snug up OK.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3690

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
fiexed my ebrake. one of the cables popped off. ugh.
stopped by the dealer and they ordered the parts to hopefully fix my steering. should be in about a week or so.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Added a NOCO Genius 2D onboard battery tender, trying to keep the little aux battery as long as possible. Made a bypass jumper just in case.

Took out the CB and installed a GMRS. Ready to roll...or ar least talk about it on the radio.

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Added a chopping board to the springtail tailgate table, a few rare earth magnets and a notch in the chopping board to help keep it in place when folded and it's done. The magnets also lift it up a bit to allow straps on the molle grid.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210403_111152

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210403_111159

You can kind of make out here the notch in the board going around the bracket on the backing plate making it impossible for the board to move more than a few mm when folded up. I'll probably glue some thin rubber to the base of the magnets to avoid scratching as well though if there is any movement.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210403_111230

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T