Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I didn't know what I was missing until my friends car had it.

Plus the key is getting more and more annoying to pull out of my pocket lol.
Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Just finished with the drivers door.. all good.

Next up, another order from @AllMoparParts.com to finish this upgrade off! This was one of my bigger regrets as I shopped off the lot (I know.. amateur move and lesson learned).
What I found was that all of the JLUR's that had proximity on them had all the rest of the safety crap on them as well. I shopped around and found a dealer that had a JLUR on order with the 8.4, trailer tow, and a few other items I wanted and bought it knowing I would have to add proximity myself. I would not kick yourself too much if you got everything else you wanted on your JL.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
What I found was that all of the JLUR's that had proximity on them had all the rest of the safety crap on them as well. I shopped around and found a dealer that had a JLUR on order with the 8.4, trailer tow, and a few other items I wanted and bought it knowing I would have to add proximity myself. I would not kick yourself too much if you got everything else you wanted on your JL.
Thanks.. At the time I was focused on color (black) and wanted the LED package. Other than that I had not considered other options until afterward. The only other option I wish I got was the cold weather package but to be honest it is not necessary and it is really not a winter vehicle for us. More of a nice to have. The heat in this thing will peel the skin off my body if I wanted it to LOL.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
If this has come up, apologies.

I've had after sale proximity locks installed for months with the MOPAR hardware and Jscan.

When I unlock the JL Sahara 4 door with my front door, the only way I can unlock the back doors is by pressing the fob.

Pressing the unlock button on the interior of the front driver's door does not work.

Any thoughts. It was not always this way.

Thanks.

Sponsored

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
If this has come up, apologies.

I've had after sale proximity locks installed for months with the MOPAR hardware and Jscan.

When I unlock the JL Sahara 4 door with my front door, the only way I can unlock the back doors is by pressing the fob.

Pressing the unlock button on the interior of the front driver's door does not work.

Any thoughts. It was not always this way.

Thanks.
Has it always been like this since it was installed? I would check the main drivers door harness connector to make sure there are no bent pins. Look carefully on the vehicle side (male pins).

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
how long did it take?
Drivers door took maybe a 1/2 hr.. took my time being the first front door. Just make sure like others say to route the wire to the handle behind the window track.

GatorMBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
My local dealership called me yesterday, about a week after pushing the GXD code for me after I completed my hardware install.

...They wanted to know where I got my parts and how to install them so they could start offering it as a service to clients who were asking about it.

I shared this thread and my parts list/suppliers with them, but seriously thought about asking for a consultation fee after they charged me $130 to push the code. :P

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
My local dealership called me yesterday, about a week after pushing the GXD code for me after I completed my hardware install.

...They wanted to know where I got my parts and how to install them so they could start offering it as a service to clients who were asking about it.

I shared this thread and my parts list/suppliers with them, but seriously thought about asking for a consultation fee after they charged me $130 to push the code. :P
I would definitely get that consultation fee or some free crap, because you know they’re gonna end up making a killing with it. :CWL:

Sponsored

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara

I smell a perpetual referral fee for each one :) ..

Funny how they are coming back to you.. just goes to show how strong the community is here along with the suppliers to get this working. The small things make the biggest differences in our lives.

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 & 2015 2 door JK Sport
I smell a perpetual referral fee for each one :) ..

Funny how they are coming back to you.. just goes to show how strong the community is here along with the suppliers to get this working. The small things make the biggest differences in our lives.
Any interested in a set of parts for the tailgate I have a set for sale. Also any suggestions on how to get mine working or something else to try would be appreciated.

Recoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
So what antenna's are needed? I ordered a 80th anniversary and was supposed to get this, but i think it was removed because I didn't want the half doors.

Bigdogfan63

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Etch if you want to go back and add it to your installation instructions I used 20 gauge wire for my installation with the terminals that you listed. Just a note the term42 has to be crimped perfectly in order for it to fit into the connector. The Term 114 I ended up having to cut off the rear part of the terminal that is meant to be secured around the whole wire/sheathing in order for it to fit into the connector. i purchased my wire in the similar color to the factory wiring with the same color stripe from this company. https://4rcustomswire.com/

When you get to this part of the install if you need any help let me know.

Great job on working with Jscan to get this all working!!
I ordered them but the jacket on the wire is to big a waste of 60 bucks had to make them myself if any one is interested I can make you a set for 50 shipped and they slide right in the connectors

9275ABFF-63D9-4B52-BEA8-C819C1AD7254.jpeg

2261BBE5-6970-4F45-B11D-23194BA50E16.jpeg

4005D4DC-D93A-4E68-9C7C-469C93FFDBBB.jpeg

rr1965

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU