Sponsored

What does Stellantis mean for Jeep going forward?

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
What does this mean for Jeep going forward?

The formation of Stellantis has created whats now the 4th largest automaker in the world. Jeep has again been folded into a larger company. So far we've been able to keep our front straight axles, removable tops, fold down front windshields. Along the way we've seen a few motors and transmissions filter down from other products into our beloved Wrangler creating the JL we have today. Not just because I sell them, because I own them too, I think the Wrangler has been improved form what it was in the past.

Bigger is better for features, but being a standout as a platform that is nothing like the rest of what the company produces could be an issue if they decide to stop listening to its buyer and take away what makes the Wrangler unique. We have proven however that it is popular and it is what people want to buy when you see Ford and GM bringing back old models like the Bronco and the Blazer to compete.

I hope as many of you do that the Wrangler survives for many years going forward. Maybe in 10 years we cant buy one that runs on gas anymore, but as long as we can still buy a thing that drives over giant boulders we can still keep our addiction!

stellantis_brands_lead.jpg
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
It means we all need to be aware of possible side effects. When taking Stellantis, talk to your doctor if you experience nausea, dizziness, shortness of breath, wandering on the highway, cheap interior components, exploding manual transmissions, or vomiting. Do not take Stellantis if pregnant. Not all patients experienced a reduction of symptoms.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Old news, Stellantis has been a thing for awhile now, Jan 4th I believe was the change over. That's like 4 years ago in internet years.

If you look at former Chrysler, and now former FCA, Jeep is by far the best brand. I would argue that is true world wide, but certainly it's true in the US and in China. Ferrari would have given Jeep a run for its money but that was spun off some time ago. Just look at the pic you posted, nothing carries the weight that Jeep does. So I think it's safe to say that Jeep will continue to be Jeep for a long time to come. But what about the Wrangler? Well it seems silly to say it, but the Wrangler is Jeep's halo car. The Wrangler is to Jeep as the Corvette is to Chevrolet. Yes there may be some changes along the way, even some radical ones (liking making it a four door), but overall the updates are measured and when given some time all fans eventually admit the changes were good and necessary.

EDIT: I'll go on to say that I think the biggest change that may come to the Wrangler next will be dropping the 2 door. Apparently TFL reported that Jeep will have electric options in all vehicles in the next year or two (I didn't see that a buddy of mine just said he saw it). So if that's true either Jeep has changed their mind about offering the 4xe in the 2 door, or the 2 door is on the chopping block. I love my 2 door, I will cry if they do kill it. But I honestly am kind of surprised it still exists.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If Jeep survived Fiat, it will survive PSA.

Fiat was all over the place. FCA management was notorious for changing its mind every other Monday. Fiat USA and Chrysler are on their last ropes; Dodge is headed in the same direction. All FCA brands and products sat at the bottom of the quality and customer service rankings.

PSA has shown a lot more discipline. Carlos Tavares, CEO of PSA and now of Stellantis, turned PSA into profit within 6 months —while growing sales! He then took Opel-Vauxhall from GM and had them making money within 12 months; something GM was unable to do in 20 years.

Mr. Tavares already cancelled plans to bring Peugeot back to N.A., and put his second in command in charge of turning around Alfa Romeo in N.A. I’ll bet they are now looking at how to stabilize Fiat USA and Chrysler.

Jeep and Ram are the least of their concerns. My guess is they are going to keep those two brands steady as they go.

I am very optimistic of Stellantis. Management has shown a pragmatic, no-nonsense approach to getting things done. In an industry plagued by overpaid executives, in my mind Mr Tavares is one of the few CEOs who earns every dollar he makes.

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
It means we all need to be aware of possible side effects. When taking Stellantis, talk to your doctor if you experience nausea, dizziness, shortness of breath, wandering on the highway, cheap interior components, exploding manual transmissions, or vomiting. Do not take Stellantis if pregnant. Not all patients experienced a reduction of symptoms.
"Do not take Stellantis if pregnant, and when looking in the mirrors, things may appear larger/closer than it actually is."

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
What the heck is "DS Automobiles" and why is their logo the back half of a dog?

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a really dumb thing to say, especially in America. Like you're somehow OK with the govt outlawing the ICE. From my cold dead hands MFer.
It's coming. You can still buy guns, but ammo is expensive and hard to find. I plan to keep my old CJs forever, but gasoline might be hard to get eventually. Look at what has already happened to the price of gas under Sir Sniffs-Alot.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Even if ICE sales were banned by 2035, big IF, it is going to take decades to phase out the millions of ICE vehicles on the road.

Gasoline will continue to be available until most of us on these forums are in the grave.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even if ICE sales were banned by 2035, big IF, it is going to take decades to phase out the millions of ICE vehicles on the road.

Gasoline will continue to be available until most of us on these forums are in the grave.
I see another "cash for clunkers" coming and a steep rise in the price of gas soon after.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I see another "cash for clunkers" coming and a steep rise in the price of gas soon after.
We will see. Oil demand has been softening faster than economist had predicted. That will keep a lid on gasoline prices.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I, for one, may have bought my last ICE vehicles.

Working from home has significantly changed my driving habits. I am not planning to buy another vehicle until I can determine in what direction the market is headed. My 2018 JL has barely 6,500 miles. My next Wrangler might be a PHEV or EV. Who knows.

Exciting times!
Sponsored