Sponsored

Anyone else have this under their dash?

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
So who shuts off the ignition to repo?? I suppose if you could find that out, then it could be a good thing if your Jeep is stolen, they could immobilize the Jeep.

THis doesnt bother me if slime bags default on their loans, deserve to have their Jeeps repod before they destroy them and drive up everyones insurance, I assume they only install these on folks with suboptimal credit LOL
Sponsored

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Yeah! Being tracked by an unmarked helicopter and a few cavity searches oughta teach them for blowing their leaves into your yard.
XiWzpYq.gif
Andddddddddd the reason for the gif file of the cop with the gloves was becauseeeeeeee?????????

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Andddddddddd the reason for the gif file of the cop with the gloves was becauseeeeeeee?????????
Because Garth hacked a GPS satellite to track Mr. Big's limo and hack into his limo tv so he would see Cassandra and Crucial Taunt's performance.

It ties in.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Because Garth hacked a GPS satellite to track Mr. Big's limo and hack into his limo tv so he would see Cassandra and Crucial Taunt's performance.

It ties in.
Wayne's World! Party time! EXCELLENT!!
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else have this under their dash? LnbdII0

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Good to know. I wouldn't fall into that category, but also my dealer was the worst dealer in the history of Earth. Wouldn't be surprised if they wired a toaster into the Jeep somewhere.
I dunno, a toaster might be handy at times-this tracker thingy not so much😏

Sponsored

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
ok we need a thread on how to firmware flash one of these to set the gps location as the top of mt. st helens. then when your jeep shuts down, you can just kick back and laff while they are sending a repo truck there

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
While there are GPS/Kill switch type devices, unless you bought your jeep at a buy here/pay here type of place, it is unlikely to be what is in your jeep and is definitely not what was in mine. And to that point, I doubt there are many JLs for sale on those type of lots.

This was a BS value added service that the dealership is trying to use to make additional profit. They positioned it as a type of LoJack service and they definitely disclosed it to me multiple times.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
While there are GPS/Kill switch type devices, unless you bought your jeep at a buy here/pay here type of place, it is unlikely to be what is in your jeep and is definitely not what was in mine.

And to that point, I doubt there are many JLs for sale on those type of lots.
JLs? Not yet, but TJs and JKs? Definitely, yes. I've driven past at least two used car dealers of "We finance you!" provenance that usually have at least one garishly accessorized Wrangler on their lots.

Give it time. A jumped-up JL will appear there eventually.

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
JLs? Not yet, but TJs and JKs? Definitely, yes. I've driven past at least two used car dealers of "We finance you!" provenance that usually have at least one garishly accessorized Wrangler on their lots.

Give it time. A jumped-up JL will appear there eventually.
For sure, as they age. I feel like I see quite a few Jeeps on those type of lots.

Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I assume they only install these on folks with suboptimal credit LOL
For now... I wouldn't be surprised if they become standard equipment. You can also opt in to a similar "service" with many insurance companies.

Many dealers have a lojack type of product that they'll try to sell you in finance. This could be that service as well. The dealer likely has them installed on every vehicle on their lot, dealer may use the service just in case one of their vehicles goes missing, and it was either meant to be removed and wasn't or it's left in place because the device itself is so cheap it isn't worth them removing. Until we see massive lawsuits over these "services" it will continue to grow and will likely be on products you purchase in the future, with or without your knowledge. Do you think smart TVs are really not tracking you, for example? Many (most?) even if you don't use their services will capture screen grabs so they know what you are watching. Good luck buying a TV today that does not have these "features". Cars are going that way as well, if they aren't there already (I'm looking at you, uconnect market).

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
This was a BS value added service that the dealership is trying to use to make additional profit. They positioned it as a type of LoJack service and they definitely disclosed it to me multiple times.
Definitely this. ^^^
My dealer said they "add it to ALL the vehicles that hit their lot". Then try to charge $1000 for it! They use the Mopar version.
https://www.allmoparparts.com/part/tracking-system.html

Problem I had was that I ordered my Jeep and they installed this thing without my consent and tried to sell it to me on a Jeep that I custom ordered. It really pissed me off. I told them I didn't order it, I'm not paying for it, you better remove it.

Egralia

First Name
Emerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I found mine couple of mine weeks after purchasing it. I notice the wires were not oem style. Took it off and it’s somewhere in the house now.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else have this under their dash? 6BECF9BC-3DCD-4AD9-9315-6125AD261FAF

JohnT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4-minutemiles.weebly.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
I found mine couple of mine weeks after purchasing it. I notice the wires were not oem style. Took it off and it’s somewhere in the house now.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone else have this under their dash? 6BECF9BC-3DCD-4AD9-9315-6125AD261FAF
what am I missing - I don't see anything in this image that looks like the part in post #1

...so many things I am thinking I can do with one of those trackers... bwahahahahha

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
ok don't put it on a geese just duct tape to the bottom of a walmart truck and let them have fun following it all over the US.
Sponsored