Sponsored

35/12.5/17 with lift on Sport Factory Wheels?

OP
OP
LailaiJl

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Before the lift it looked like there was a good amount of room available, would be even more room with the bumper trim removed...It might work. We left them on for now since we are taking a road trip they might help a little with MPG.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LailaiJl

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good! I wonder if they would fit with no lift. You’d obviously have no room for flexing but would it clear turning wise?

Just wondering since you still have the same offset wheels but now more fender clearance basically. Probably would have to take off the plastic trim pieces between fender and bumper

Thoughts?

And thank you btw.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Before the lift it looked like there was a good amount of room available, would be even more room with the bumper trim removed...It might work. We left them on for now since we are taking a road trip they might help a little with MPG.
Yeah might help. I may give it a try while I wait for a lift.

Oh who am I kidding, of course I’m going to do it! Lol can’t wait for the lift

Last edited:

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
It worked!!!!! JLU Sport S Rough Country 2.5 lift and 35s (315/70/17 KO2s) with NO SPACERS and STOCK WHEELS!!!! :rock::clap: no rubbing at all! I haven't had a chance to test flex but no rubbing with normal driving. I'm so excited! I will take better pictures soon I was too excited to focus. Also the rough country tire relocation bracket used.
20180411_202811.jpg
20180411_201900.jpg
20180411_201605.jpg
It sure does work. I have practically the same exact setup.

Looks good!

OP
OP
LailaiJl

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It sure does work. I have practically the same exact setup.

Looks good!
I'm a bit vertically challenged so its definitely a change getting in and out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LailaiJl

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I have to do a bit of a jump to get in now.
I'm glad I'm not alone. Question, did you extend/replace the spare tire bump stop? Ours isn't as tight as I would like and bigger bumps is moves a little. I was thinking about getting the JK ones since I heard they are longer.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad I'm not alone. Question, did you extend/replace the spare tire bump stop? Ours isn't as tight as I would like and bigger bumps is moves a little. I was thinking about getting the JK ones since I heard they are longer.
Just the RC relocation bracket. Everything seems to hold great.

Mantooth

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Looks good! I wonder if they would fit with no lift. You’d obviously have no room for flexing but would it clear turning wise?

Just wondering since you still have the same offset wheels but now more fender clearance basically. Probably would have to take off the plastic trim pieces between fender and bumper

Thoughts?
Did you do full turn and flex testing yet? And if so how did it do?

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
It worked!!!!! JLU Sport S Rough Country 2.5 lift and 35s (315/70/17 KO2s) with NO SPACERS and STOCK WHEELS!!!! :rock::clap: no rubbing at all! I haven't had a chance to test flex but no rubbing with normal driving. I'm so excited! I will take better pictures soon I was too excited to focus. Also the rough country tire relocation bracket used.
20180411_202811.jpg
20180411_201900.jpg
20180411_201605.jpg
How has this set up been working out? I want to do the same and was wondering if you ran in to any issues since.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LailaiJl

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
How has this set up been working out? I want to do the same and was wondering if you ran in to any issues since.
It runs great! We did bill moore lake and and around it, no rubbing or problems. She did just as well if not better than the older 4runner with lockers.

WalkingJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
It runs great! We did bill moore lake and and around it, no rubbing or problems. She did just as well if not better than the older 4runner with lockers.
How's the driveability and gas mileage?

OP
OP
LailaiJl

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
How's the driveability and gas mileage?
Drives like it did without the lift honestly.

Gas mileage is hard to judge, I drive about 2miles to work each day, so I average about 15-16mpg. When I go farther I get about 17-18mpg. I get about 22mpg on the highway.

MVFAN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara North Edition, 2019 GC High Altitude
Occupation
Retired
20180411_202811.jpg
20180411_201900.jpg
20180411_201605.jpg
Wow, looks great! I'm thinking about the same setup now. I have those same wheels and love the way they look with my Sting Gray JLUS+, I intentionally ordered them on my build for the look. Thanks for posting your photos and the lift/tire experience.

tribefan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys XR
Drives like it did without the lift honestly.

Gas mileage is hard to judge, I drive about 2miles to work each day, so I average about 15-16mpg. When I go farther I get about 17-18mpg. I get about 22mpg on the highway.
I love the look of your ride. I have the same Jeep basically except in Granite Metallic. Two questions for you:

1.) Did you have any trouble getting someone to mount those 315's on the stock wheels
2.) Any chance you can post a pic or two looking down the side of the Jeep to not only get an idea of how the tires line up with the edges of the fenders, but also to get an idea of how much the tire is squeezed/pinched with the "narrow" factory wheels?
Sponsored