Sponsored

Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
uhg. I feel for him. Yeah, the Hamburger tuning/reliability seems good, but it's an open filter element only/alternator relocate down. The Ripp kit blower is gargantuan and their tuning is just outright dangerous. KraftWerks will probably get it right on tuning and airbox, but unclear if they push alt down.

It'll all get sorted. Man. Talk about first world fucking problems, huh? I mean, what a thing to be complaining bout. hahahahahaha I'm lucky.
Lol, very true!!!
I've been keeping on eye on the Kraftworx kit as well, and had a few convos with them regarding numbers and release date. Theyre being very tight lipped.
Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Lol, very true!!!
I've been keeping on eye on the Kraftworx kit as well, and had a few convos with them regarding numbers and release date. Theyre being very tight lipped.
they are indeed. I called them as well. They say they are going for carb cert, but i think its going to be difficult with a blower that large...if they run the one that is suspected, anyway. Others know a lot more about that than I do, though. Im not sure if they are pushing the alternator down or not, the images I saw looks like they'd almost have to be. It also circles us full back around to "is a high hp centri charger what this application needs?" or is something that pads the mid range tq better? That will ultimately be a use-case based answer for each person.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Feedback from an Edelbrock user i talked to today.

The Kit is awesome. I have not had experience with the Magnuson but the blower on ours from edelbrock is nice and quiet and can provide a nice whine at the high RPMs. No Engine lights, no complaints, and we have put over 20K miles on it and it runs fantastic. The power is extremely nice. also really easy to get to the oil filter for oil changes and filter changes vs the magnuson.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Edelbrock kit ordered. I’ll keep people in the loop.

Last edited:

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Just talked more to that Gladiator owner. The @EForce-Tech tuning allowed for 100lb/ft gain over stock on 91oct at 3000 rpm Per their dyno. This is encouraging. It means they did figure out that transmission and lock up schedule.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production. C7EAB6D4-93C4-4320-92BE-008499C25FD9

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Can you expand on this?
As I understand it especially in the gladiator-the tq converter wont lock up and allow power, so it triggers a down shift for towing. I suspect this is why edebrock did so much tow testing, to make sure they were within the physical limits of the transmission.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

100ft lb gain would be nice. its expensive for the gains, but its legal and safe. EPA has been clamping down hard on tuning companies all over lately. massive fines doled out.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I have one of the first Edelbrock superchargers for the JL. All I can say is DO NOT expect customer service. My Jeep was built on the PowerNation Xtreme off road to show. After purchasing the Jeep in 2019, I contacted Edelbrock about pulley and belt issues. After several weeks and very weak communication, they sent me some parts that were exactly what I already had and did no good. My Jeep currently has 1700 miles on it and is a 2018 model. I waited for months until the JL supercharger kit became available to purchase on their website to reconnect with them. After doing this, I was given a timeline of “mid next week” for a updated parts list that I would need for the changes that they had made since THEY installed the kit on the Jeep versus the full production kit. After a few months and no response from them. I called again and again. I also sent multiple emails to the guy who in charge of supercharger service issues (with no response). I was finally connected with someone who also told me “mid next week”. Needless to say, I haven’t heard anything else from them. I have tried numerous times to purchase the new parts and the tuning set up but the person in charge of the supercharger support will not respond to emails, nor will he call me back with support. I would HIGHLY advise steering clear of the Edelbrock system for anyone solely due to horrible communication and customer support. I have given them over a year to help me with this issue and they have yet to do so. I am not wanting free parts nor free support, I simply want to purchase the updated parts and tuning equipment to get my Jeep running correctly. The Jeep does have a substantial amount of power gain but between smoked belts misaligned pulleys, stuttered shifting...it’s been a nightmare. Hope this helps anyone with their decisions on charger systems
sorry to hear about your troubles.

im struggling to reconcile this with my
experience. I ended up ordering the edelbrock kit and sending it back before installing it; but it had nothing to do with a deficiency as stock. It was not leaving me enough overhead for my future plans; which isnt going to be a problem for most.

during the time of getting ready for install, the @EForce-Tech team was in touch with me and responsive every step of the way. “Heres the process” “here is what i will need“ “here is what to expect from xyz” “Here is the answers to your questions 1, 2 ,3“.

what youre describing is what my experience has been with Magnuson. No response or we dont give that information or we arent sure. Magnuson relies on their dealers to sort their issues out, and it’s hit or miss based on the dealer in question. My local shop that i really like is a magnuson dealer and the other part of the reason I ended up there. But i absolutely say this: if you arent a hot rodder that knows what he is doing, dont have a good shop supporting you, and dont want to go betond box-stock-standard of the kit: dont get a magnuson yet.

with as responsive as edelbrock has been here and with me about EXTREMELY ocd/technical questions i cant fathom them blowing you off. Im a former tuner. From a tuner/race shop. The questions im going to ask are going to be complete pains in the ass because they are specifically directed to very specific deficiencies i know of that most people dont. Edelbrock hid NOTHING from me. That level of transparency tells me something.

ill go ahead and ask it- what’s the rest of the story? you got free shit installed by clowns from a tv show. Youre claiming something is wrong and edelbrock wont even let you BUY the correct parts? Yeah, i call bullshit.

you saying your kit doesnt work and me talking to a guy (who didnt sign up today) with 25,000 miles of towing 7,000lb (Gladiator)saying its great and offering people to drive it just doesnt jive. From what i can tell, edelbrock’s primary problem is having their equipment reviewed by the wrong people. No one here cares what TV show or Youtube channel got it for free. The first question we always ask is a place like this “hey who is running this piece of kit and what do you think? How was install? How was xyz?” And it was crickets for a long time until we found the gladiator guy hauling checks with it.

But, to your issue, i think i want to hear the rest of the story.

Last edited:

Rjackson

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
You can call bullshit all you want. I’m trying to help because of the lack of communication that Edelbrock has given me. Give me your cell number or email and I’ll forward you the emails that I have sent them and you’ll see for yourself that they won’t respond. I have waited over 1 year to let them give me some kind of support and they haven’t done it yet. I purchased the Jeep from PowerNation. The Edelbrock team came to Franklin TN to oversee the install and tune on that Jeep. Every single episode is on YouTube. I bought the Jeep from them with around 750 miles. I had a belt slipping immediately and noticed that the pulleys weren’t lined up correctly. I contacted Edelbrock over a year ago and talked with Tony Avina. He was ok at first but would t respond to emails. At the time, their kit couldn’t be purchased online to the public. He gave me the “that was suppose to be a show Jeep” explanation. After he did send me a few parts, I installed them, helped them with videos of fitment issues, and still smoked a belt (that they sent me) after about 20 miles. Covid hit and I basically Let my Jeep set for 8 months until I noticed that you could finally purchased the kit on their website. So I reached out again. After about 3 phone calls, I finally talked to Tony for about 15-20 minutes. He said that they had changed some things and changed the tune they were using, etc etc. I said ok how can I go about getting these parts and the tune? I just want to get my Jeep fixed. He told me “middle of next week”. This was back in October of 2020 or earlier. After a few weeks and hearing nothing back, I sent him a few emails with no response. In the meantime I had been studying the installation manual from their website and trying to figure out what parts were different. I called again andfinally got in touch with someone. After telling him the whole story, he put me on hold and went to talk to Tony. He came back on the phone with “he’s been getting the list ready for you and said it should be mid next week”. All of this time I had been very cordial with them and never once acted upset about the lack of service I was getting. So needless to say, I’ve emailed multiple times since then. I also attempted to call with no answer. Through studying the installation manual,I believe I have got the correct belt now, I purchased some shims that were not on my kit from a hardware store. I have yet to hear back from them, to this day. There’s no bullshit in my story. In one of the couple of times I actually spoke with someone They said they’ve been short staffed and their tuning guy had quit so they were basically starting from scratch. Therefore I stayed cool with them and gave them months and months to get it lined out.The way it seems to me is that, because I purchased the Jeep from PowerNation, they had no interest in giving support for their product. Which in my opinion is garbage. They were on the show to get publicity for their new JL charger, andnow they don’t want to give support of any kind for the exact vehicle. Again, never have I expected free parts or a free tune, etc etc. I’ve simply ask for the opportunity to make my Jeep run correctly with the charger. Idk how else to tell ya the whole story but that’s it.
I’ve avoided saying anything negative on any forums but I’ve come to the point where I can’t get a response from them in any other form of communication with them. I found this post about the Edelbrock charger and just wanted to share my experience thus far. I’m glad they were helpful with you but that hasn’t been my luck unfortunately.

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
You can call bullshit all you want. I’m trying to help because of the lack of communication that Edelbrock has given me. Give me your cell number or email and I’ll forward you the emails that I have sent them and you’ll see for yourself that they won’t respond. I have waited over 1 year to let them give me some kind of support and they haven’t done it yet. I purchased the Jeep from PowerNation. The Edelbrock team came to Franklin TN to oversee the install and tune on that Jeep. Every single episode is on YouTube. I bought the Jeep from them with around 750 miles. I had a belt slipping immediately and noticed that the pulleys weren’t lined up correctly. I contacted Edelbrock over a year ago and talked with Tony Avina. He was ok at first but would t respond to emails. At the time, their kit couldn’t be purchased online to the public. He gave me the “that was suppose to be a show Jeep” explanation. After he did send me a few parts, I installed them, helped them with videos of fitment issues, and still smoked a belt (that they sent me) after about 20 miles. Covid hit and I basically Let my Jeep set for 8 months until I noticed that you could finally purchased the kit on their website. So I reached out again. After about 3 phone calls, I finally talked to Tony for about 15-20 minutes. He said that they had changed some things and changed the tune they were using, etc etc. I said ok how can I go about getting these parts and the tune? I just want to get my Jeep fixed. He told me “middle of next week”. This was back in October of 2020 or earlier. After a few weeks and hearing nothing back, I sent him a few emails with no response. In the meantime I had been studying the installation manual from their website and trying to figure out what parts were different. I called again andfinally got in touch with someone. After telling him the whole story, he put me on hold and went to talk to Tony. He came back on the phone with “he’s been getting the list ready for you and said it should be mid next week”. All of this time I had been very cordial with them and never once acted upset about the lack of service I was getting. So needless to say, I’ve emailed multiple times since then. I also attempted to call with no answer. Through studying the installation manual,I believe I have got the correct belt now, I purchased some shims that were not on my kit from a hardware store. I have yet to hear back from them, to this day. There’s no bullshit in my story. In one of the couple of times I actually spoke with someone They said they’ve been short staffed and their tuning guy had quit so they were basically starting from scratch. Therefore I stayed cool with them and gave them months and months to get it lined out.The way it seems to me is that, because I purchased the Jeep from PowerNation, they had no interest in giving support for their product. Which in my opinion is garbage. They were on the show to get publicity for their new JL charger, andnow they don’t want to give support of any kind for the exact vehicle. Again, never have I expected free parts or a free tune, etc etc. I’ve simply ask for the opportunity to make my Jeep run correctly with the charger. Idk how else to tell ya the whole story but that’s it.
dude, you bought a prop piece that was pre-production from a TV show. Blame the clowns that knew that and didnt tell you at the time of sale. You got had by power nation, not by Edelbrock.

edelbrock owes you nothing. You did no deal with edelbrock. You had no arrangement with edelbrock. You didnt buy the kit from edelbrock. edelbrock didnt promise or guarantee or warrantee anything to you. They gave a pre-pro piece to a clown ass internet TV show, and you bought it after.

my advice to you at this point is either return the jeep to stock or ask @EForce-Tech here for some help/guidance. Im willing to bet with Eddie sees this, we will either get more context or him offering to find a way to help you out. He’s been a really good dude to me, and i ended up NOT buying his stuff.

i am truly sorry you got had. But you got screwed by power nation, not by edelbrock.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I also didn’t just sign up today. This is my first post because I usually just read stuff. I signed up in 2019 when I purchased the JL. I didn’t get anything from PN or Edelbrock free. I bought the vehicle with all of the work already done. Trust me, I didn’t purchase the Jeep expecting to run into nothing but issues with the supercharger fitment and no way to get it fixed. I have been trying to purchase the parts that have been changed and the HP tuners stuff but can’t seem to get that done.
best of luck to you in getting it sorted out. I understand how frustrating it is when a car doesnt run.

dunno what else to say. Ive been fabricating parts for the magnuson for the last 2-3 weeks.

Rjackson

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dude, you bought a prop piece that was pre-production from a TV show. Blame the clowns that knew that and didnt tell you at the time of sale. You got had by power nation, not by Edelbrock.

edelbrock owes you nothing. You did no deal with edelbrock. You had no arrangement with edelbrock. You didnt buy the kit from edelbrock. edelbrock didnt promise or guarantee or warrantee anything to you. They gave a pre-pro piece to a clown ass internet TV show, and you bought it after.

my advice to you at this point is either return the jeep to stock or ask @EForce-Tech here for some help/guidance. Im willing to bet with Eddie sees this, we will either get more context or him offering to find a way to help you out. He’s been a really good dude to me, and i ended up NOT buying his stuff.

i am truly sorry you got had. But you got screwed by power nation, not by edelbrock.

I never said I had a contract with Edelbrock or a warranty? You’re clearly missing the point. I didn’t ask them for anything. They built theJeep for off roading, not for a prop piece. You’re sure making a lot of statements, clearly not knowing what your talking about. I’ve already told you, I didn’t ask for a warranty. I ask for assistance in getting the fitment and tune correct. Edelbrock themselves were part of the build. I have been trying to get assistance in PURCHASING the correct parts from them and the tune. Not getting them free or under “warranty”. I’m not sure how else to spell that out for you. I never ask for anything free from them at all.I would think a company that out their product on TV to advertise it, would at least give customer support in getting the correct parts!

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
@Rjackson your last post didnt have anything but a quote.

ill close with this: you took a gamble buying the pre-pro bro-chacho mobile from a clown show like power nation. You probably didnt know then and only do now. But, i defend that if you dont have a receipt of a purchase agreement from edelbrock, they dont technically owe you squat.

Ill do my best to help out. Put up pics of what youre dealing with and where you see belt mis-alignment. Sometimes these cheap idler pulleys that go into kits (or oem for that matter) can be easily fixed with some Timken pullies with better bearings. Im doing that pre-emptively on the mag.

it could be an issue with the alignment brackets or perhaps the clowns at Pn didnt radius cut correctly to fit the bracket. It might be as simple as taking an angle grinder and trimming up the cut.

it could be a tensioner issue thats breaking the belt on load because it either isnt adjusted correctly or is a pre-pro part.

tuning. Easy. Buy a new ECU, and ask @EForce-Tech if they can send you the file. You can either A- send the ecu to HP tuners for unlock with the file attched and they will load it or B- you buy the HP tuner suite like us peasants do and load it that way. Im not sure what pre-pro tuning suite was, so if you can shed some light there it might be easier to help. It could be as easy as a new file and buying the flash device.

we’re adding forced induction, fellas. It rarely goes to plan on the firs go around. Your problems are fixable, just work them one at a time.

-get the ecu tuning info posted so better guidance can be given

-return the vehicle to stock and inventory/assess each part of the blower kit to ensure all pre-pro pieces are in fact what made it to fin-pro. Change as needed

-replace all idlers with Timken equivalents

-inspect rotating and snout assemblies of the blower to ensure the clowns at Pn didnt fuck it up or that driving with belt alignment off didnt torque pull the rotating assembly bearings and break/stress anything.

-re install ensuring your radius grind for the bracket assembly is correct and to edelbrock spec to fit the components

-increase tire budget ;)

its fixable, but it has to be worked systematically. My gambling money is on the radius grind not being performed correctly and the idler bracket is mis aligned because of this Cause belt slip, leading to over-tensioning, leading to belt break. Second guess is the bracket you have may have received a final tweak going into production and you need that. But again, those are just my “bets”

if thats too daunting/involved, let me know and ill give you my intake manifold plus some cash for the kit off your jeep. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Rjackson

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
best of luck to you in getting it sorted out. I understand how frustrating it is when a car doesnt run.

dunno what else to say. Ive been fabricating parts for the magnuson for the last 2-3 weeks.
Thanks. Maybe after posting on here I can actually get some support on their system. I’ve never talked to Eddie, just Tony. They’ve never been rude, I’ve just not been able to get any useful support at all. Like I said, I waited for over a year to publicly say anything negative about them. Tried to give them all the opportunities possible to simply let me purchase what I need and at a minimum respond to questions. We shall see.
@Rjackson your last post didnt have anything but a quote.

ill close with this: you took a gamble buying the pre-pro bro-chacho mobile from a clown show like power nation. You probably didnt know then and only do now. But, i defend that if you dont have a receipt of a purchase agreement from edelbrock, they dont technically owe you squat.

Ill do my best to help out. Put up pics of what youre dealing with and where you see belt mis-alignment. Sometimes these cheap idler pulleys that go into kits (or oem for that matter) can be easily fixed with some Timken pullies with better bearings. Im doing that pre-emptively on the mag.

it could be an issue with the alignment brackets or perhaps the clowns at Pn didnt radius cut correctly to fit the bracket. It might be as simple as taking an angle grinder and trimming up the cut.

it could be a tensioner issue thats breaking the belt on load because it either isnt adjusted correctly or is a pre-pro part.

tuning. Easy. Buy a new ECU, and ask @EForce-Tech if they can send you the file. You can either A- send the ecu to HP tuners for unlock with the file attched and they will load it or B- you buy the HP tuner suite like us peasants do and load it that way. Im not sure what pre-pro tuning suite was, so if you can shed some light there it might be easier to help. It could be as easy as a new file and buying the flash device.

we’re adding forced induction, fellas. It rarely goes to plan on the firs go around. Your problems are fixable, just work them one at a time.

-get the ecu tuning info posted so better guidance can be given

-return the vehicle to stock and inventory/assess each part of the blower kit to ensure all pre-pro pieces are in fact what made it to fin-pro. Change as needed

-replace all idlers with Timken equivalents

-inspect rotating and snout assemblies of the blower to ensure the clowns at Pn didnt fuck it up or that driving with belt alignment off didnt torque pull the rotating assembly bearings and break/stress anything.

-re install ensuring your radius grind for the bracket assembly is correct and to edelbrock spec to fit the components

-increase tire budget ;)

its fixable, but it has to be worked systematically. My gambling money is on the radius grind not being performed correctly and the idler bracket is mis aligned because of this Cause belt slip, leading to over-tensioning, leading to belt break. Second guess is the bracket you have may have received a final tweak going into production and you need that. But again, those are just my “bets”

if thats too daunting/involved, let me know and ill give you my intake manifold plus some cash for the kit off your jeep. 🤷🏼‍♂️
One would think that a company would at least want a customer that is happy with their product. I have only ask to buy the parts that I need. I guess we don’t see that they same way. I don’t think they “owe” me anything, I just think they should be more helpful in letting me purchase the correct parts. Hell, I’ve waited over a year to get some sort of ability to buy the right set up. Especially since they were involved in the build and used it for advertising. You’d think they’d care a little more about that. 🤷‍♂️. Honestly it is minimal parts that I needed as well. A belt, pulley, and some shims. I think the shims that I got on my own and the different belt from autozone may have helped fix the issue. I tried to match them through the instruction manual online. I’ve only driven it about 20 miles so we shall see. It appears to be better. The computer is unlocked I believe because Edelbrock put the tune on it to begin with using Diablosport to the best of my knowledge. I have been looking into HPTuners. Was planning to buy the stuff from them and then have it tuned if I couldn’t get it touch with Edelbrock anytime in the near future.
Sponsored

Last edited: