@Superchip Flashpak Issue

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
I don't have it in me to wait another hour + on hold just to speak to a rep that can't help me. So I am trying here knowing that you watch this forum and post here. We will see if you can help (gonna go out on a limb tho and guess that you will not).

I have had a re-occurring CEL on my jeep ever since installing your tune on my jeep a year ago. I have gone through different pcm's, done all updates, been to the dealer many times, and it's still there.
My last trip, last week, I returned the jeep to stock, took it in, got it back, went to download a tune back in, and the pic below is the warning I go. It will not give me the option to do anything other than quick tune options, but no performance tuning.

I reluctantly took the jeep to the dealer with my unlocked pcm, per the advice of the last SC rep that I spoke to saying everything would be fine. They did a flash update, and now I have this.
The dealer also said the only thing they know to do now is work with Chrysler on the CEL, but they will in all likelihood void my warranty because the computer is showing and has stored a U1400 ( or something) code stating that the pcm has been altered!!

I will patiently wait your feedback...

Jeep Wrangler JL @Superchip Flashpak Issue 1617280133759
Sponsored

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
First off, I apologize for the troubles. I can't say for sure what is causing the CEL light, but the current code your seeing witht he 'Vehicle is not Stock' is likely due to an update your dealer has made within the PCM that your device does not recognize. So a manual serial number target update will need to be done by our tech support team. Unfortunatley, as a marketing manager I don't have the tools or knowledge base to be able to handle any of that and it would need to be done through our customer tech support team.

As you already know, due to your wait time on the phone, we are understaffed and have been actively hiring and training new employees to help carry the load, but it is a slow process and the team is doing the best they can to keep up. You can try contacting them again at 888-227-2447, or you can message me your name and contact information and I can try and have a tech manager reach out to you.

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First off, I apologize for the troubles. I can't say for sure what is causing the CEL light, but the current code your seeing witht he 'Vehicle is not Stock' is likely due to an update your dealer has made within the PCM that your device does not recognize. So a manual serial number target update will need to be done by our tech support team. Unfortunatley, as a marketing manager I don't have the tools or knowledge base to be able to handle any of that and it would need to be done through our customer tech support team.

As you already know, due to your wait time on the phone, we are understaffed and have been actively hiring and training new employees to help carry the load, but it is a slow process and the team is doing the best they can to keep up. You can try contacting them again at 888-227-2447, or you can message me your name and contact information and I can try and have a tech manager reach out to you.
Thank you for the prompt and candid reply.
I understand the CEL is not something you could diagnose from my above post, and was not really looking for an answer on that. I have already established b/t multiple calls with SC, and trips to my dealer, there is a communication breakdown bt the truck and the tuner of somesort that cannot be figured out!

I will pm you my contact, and please have someone contact me. I have spent a cumulative 3 hours plus on hold with SC from multiple calls to diagnose solutions, and quite honestly, cannot believe I have put this much effort into it. At the end of the day, I'm about a grand into this endeavor and still have a Jeep with a CEL and now cannot be performance tuned.

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

So I went ahead and called in last Friday, wait time was surprisingly only 10 minutes. The tech was able to download the data needed through Agent to hand over to the engineering team. The updates were made and I was notified yesterday that I need to update my Fpaq.
After doing so, I was able to tune my JL correctly.
I also had a tech reach out to me personally via email to help diagnose.
I haven't driven it yet, but was able to change all of my quick tunes back to my needs and download the 93 tune.
Thank you for the help.

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Again, I apologize for the troubles but I'm glad to hear the team got you taken care of.
Sponsored