Chip shortage impact on new 4xe orders?

burnyd

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette z06
So I want to put an order in on a 4xe at my local dealership. I am reading a lot about a chip / semiconductor shortage. From my understanding a lot of these factories cannot keep up with the demand. Does anyone know if this is true and if I were to order a 4xe say this weekend for a custom order if this would majorly impact the ship date? I know the typical response is 6-8 weeks to have a jeep built but I am hearing ramblings from other auto makers that it might be more like 12-16 weeks.
Sponsored

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
So I want to put an order in on a 4xe at my local dealership. I am reading a lot about a chip / semiconductor shortage. From my understanding a lot of these factories cannot keep up with the demand. Does anyone know if this is true and if I were to order a 4xe say this weekend for a custom order if this would majorly impact the ship date? I know the typical response is 6-8 weeks to have a jeep built but I am hearing ramblings from other auto makers that it might be more like 12-16 weeks.
This has been discussed in other threads. Yes, it's a very real thing. Jeep claims it is not impacting the Wrangler, but it is affecting Ram 1500 Classic.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
It is also impacting the Cherokee and I believe Compass but not the Wrangler at this time.
Sponsored