SandStorm4x4

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21Sarge 392, ‘15 Tank JKUR, ‘07 Resc.GreenJKUR
But deep down inside it yells for 37’s 😉
but it shouts for 40’s and 1 tons ...... i really question the ability of those 44s to handle a 37” tire , i believe it says the New Gen 44 is rated for up to 500hp , but that’s a stretch with 37”s in my opinion -
what does everyone else think ??
do you think the new Dana 44’s will
hold up to 37” tire with the 392 Hemi ?
Sponsored

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
but it shouts for 40’s and 1 tons ...... i really question the ability of those 44s to handle a 37” tire , i believe it says the New Gen 44 is rated for up to 500hp , but that’s a stretch with 37”s in my opinion -
what does everyone else think ??
do you think the new Dana 44’s will
hold up to 37” tire with the 392 Hemi ?
Also interested to hear everyone’s opinion

Bkilby

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 392, 1974 Hemi Cherokee
Occupation
Chief Toilet Scrubber
No. Not in the long run. I had a 5.7 Hemi (345HP) with 545RFE auto, 4:1 tcase, D60's with 5.38 gears. Tires were 40's with 40 spline axles. Broke a few R&Ps with that setup. Yeah, it had lower gears etc. but I still don't think the D44's will hold up to 470HP and 37's.

SandStorm4x4

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21Sarge 392, ‘15 Tank JKUR, ‘07 Resc.GreenJKUR
good
No. Not in the long run. I had a 5.7 Hemi (345HP) with 545RFE auto, 4:1 tcase, D60's with 5.38 gears. Tires were 40's with 40 spline axles. Broke a few R&Ps with that setup. Yeah, it had lower gears etc. but I still don't think the D44's will hold up to 470HP and 37's.
good info 👌🏼 i agree

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
All I can say is you think they would keep us updated! I have only called twice. You think the would reach out to us!
When my status updated and the VIN was assigned they reached out to me. So I expect when it goes to D1 and then KZ they will reach out. At least I hope so because when it ships I'll be ordering BF Goodrich KM3s thru them. Wavering between 35 and 37s. Would like 37s but don't want to lift it just yet. So if 37s will fit with no rubbing I'll get those, otherwise its 35s

Sponsored

Davis2011

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR 2018
I located a dealer that had an allocated Jeep 392 ordered basically how I wanted. Seems like all the other dealerships said they couldnt change the order of what they had, OR they werent allowed to order anymore at this time. So I claimed it. It was ordered back on November 28. I chatted with Jeep last week and they were super nice and said it was in pre schedule stage. Approved but not scheduled to be built. I checked back today. Got someone crappy that said "Sorry, its a dealer order, and if you want info follow up with them" I double checked that the dealership marked the vehicle as "sold" and added our name to the order. They said yes. Double checked with Jeep Chat. They said sorry, its passed edit, no build date, no VIN, however this is a dealer order and for any information please contact your dealership. Why am I having a hard time getting the dealer to put our name on the order so we can get updates. Its frustrating. AND if the vehicle doesn't say "SOLD" does it take longer to get into production to be built? This is our first time to order a Jeep.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Side by side from a FB post. Thought it would help to get a sense of difference in height from factory lift. IMO, clearance looks considerably higher.

3D74E72C-5B2B-49BB-825B-140AAE48475C.jpeg
Wow, nice find! That photo alone should put the whole 1 inch versus 2 inch debate to rest. 😲

EDIT: Wait, is the Jeep on the right not a Rubicon? If it isn't, then disregard my comment.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, nice find! That photo alone should put the whole 1 inch versus 2 inch debate to rest. 😲

EDIT: Wait, is the Jeep on the right not a Rubicon? If it isn't, then disregard my comment.
Just confirmed it’s a pro charged Sahara

Last edited:

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I located a dealer that had an allocated Jeep 392 ordered basically how I wanted. Seems like all the other dealerships said they couldnt change the order of what they had, OR they werent allowed to order anymore at this time. So I claimed it. It was ordered back on November 28. I chatted with Jeep last week and they were super nice and said it was in pre schedule stage. Approved but not scheduled to be built. I checked back today. Got someone crappy that said "Sorry, its a dealer order, and if you want info follow up with them" I double checked that the dealership marked the vehicle as "sold" and added our name to the order. They said yes. Double checked with Jeep Chat. They said sorry, its passed edit, no build date, no VIN, however this is a dealer order and for any information please contact your dealership. Why am I having a hard time getting the dealer to put our name on the order so we can get updates. Its frustrating. AND if the vehicle doesn't say "SOLD" does it take longer to get into production to be built? This is our first time to order a Jeep.
First time ordering a Jeep too, but here's what I've learned so far..

Yes, an order will take longer to be built if it isn't sold, as the factory (supposedly) prioritizes sold orders over dealer inventory orders. I haven't seen much evidence to the contrary for the 392's so far, however, I have read comments here that this was not strictly adhered to with the launch of the Gladiator.

That could be because the 392 is just a new "trim level" of a Wrangler, and the Gladiator was an all new model, but I'm just speculating there.

Regardless, your dealer should have updated his order in the system, and changed it to a "sold" order with your name on it. He should be able to provide you a POC order sheet, if he hasn't already, and you can see for yourself if it's marked sold, with your name listed as the customer.

Also, everyone here can attest that Jeep Chat is wildly inconsistent. Different people will tell you different things, and often what they tell you is inaccurate. And some will tell you nothing but "Reach out to your dealer for information". So don't get too worked up over things they tell you. (Which I admit from my experience, is easy to say, harder to do.)

Think of them as more of a "Majic 8-Ball" that you shake to get an answer, than a reliable source of info.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how your order progresses!

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Plus lots of distortion in that photo. The front tire one the 392 and rear tire on the Sarhara are larger than tires near the center of the photo.

Sponsored

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plus lots of distortion in that photo. The front tire one the 392 and rear tire on the Sarhara are larger than tires near the center of the photo.
Wow. Good catch. I hate to speculate but the photo was taken for comparison purposes and the 392 on the left ended up leaving the dealership with 37’s. Could it possibly be they wanted to also show difference in size of a 37 on front vs standard 33 on back? I looked at the original photo and it’s not distortion. The 392 actually has larger tires on front then the back. SMH

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Rubicon 392 first Vin and order, build and delivery tracking list 2A277FE2-4A05-4831-9EE7-220449D0BDF6

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
Think of them as more of a "Majic 8-Ball" that you shake to get an answer, than a reliable source of info.
THIS may be the best jeep chat explanation I have ever seen, heard or read…MAGIC 8-BALL…Love it!!!!

And I swear they are several days behind in actual status. So by Monday, they should show the order as sold. 😂

Last edited:

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bad news: Estimated ship date delayed again.
Good News: Only by 1 day to 3/28. Tells me that they are arranging/scheduling train cars!
I also have 100% confirmation that another 392 order I know of is out of JS Storage status and has been updated to “dealer has been invoiced, vehicle ready to ship”.
Ladies and Gentleman, I think we are finally close. All that have been built should arrive to dealers between 4/8-4/15.
CRAPPY NEWS.

My 392 has been built now for weeks and instead of it being on rail car headed to my regional port as originally thought, it’s now back in storage with a new estimated ship date of 4/15 after already being changed 5 times! Does this mean that all other 392’s that didn’t make the first rail car shipment are delayed for shipment release for another 2 weeks?

WTF STELLANTIS. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!!

:mad: :angry: :no: :headbang: :mad:

JeeperYJ

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05LJ, 12 JKU Rubicon
CRAPPY NEWS.

My 392 has been built now for weeks and instead of it being on rail car headed to my regional port as originally thought, it’s now back in storage with a new estimated ship date of 4/15 after already being changed 5 times! Does this mean that all other 392’s that didn’t make the first rail car shipment are delayed for shipment release for another 2 weeks?

WTF STELLANTIS. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!!

:mad: :angry: :no: :headbang: :mad:

I bet there is some quality control inspections going on as well. Which might explain the bouncing around on status. The one we just received has 40 miles on it and bounced status a few times as well.
Sponsored