Sponsored

Becoming too much of a Jeep guy, too quick.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I was never even really a "car guy" per se. Just thought it would be fun to get a Wrangler as a change from the sports sedans I've preferred in the past. I got my Jeep about three years ago and have been obsessed with it ever since. I've been reading this forum almost daily since.

There's no going back. Enjoy the ride.
Sponsored

Last edited:

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
I had NO INTEREST in Jeeps at all. None. As far as I cared they were as interesting to me as Honda Civics. I just don't care about vehicles. I'd never even noticed a customized Jeep ever. No interest.

Last September I fly to NYC. I reserve a mid-size SUV from Enterprise to drive upstate for 5 days. We get there, and we are thinking CRV or something. The guy drives over in a 20 Wrangler Sport. My GF says, I think we should ask for something else.

Me? I just wanted to get on the road, I really didn't care what we were going to drive.

So, we drive a few hours on the highway. Then each day for an hour to the lake etc. No off-roading at all. Then the highway back to NYC and return in.

So, probably drove in on the highway for 7 hours total.

And it was horrible. The wind noise screeching through the top - we could not talk to each other on the highway. Took forever to figure out how to roll down the windows lol. Annoying.

But...

When in Saratoga Springs - started noticing all of the Jeep. Customized... Seeing what people can do with them. And for us, as a couple, we are very outdoors people. It just felt like somehow, it was what we needed...

So we are back in NYC. I'm going back to Canada in 3 days. I'll have to quarantine for 14 days when I get home.

I go on my local Jeep dealer website. Looking at their stock.

And I just became obsessed.

I get home. Call the dealer that day. Buy my Jeep within a few days - while in Quarantine.

I had to wait 12 days to be able to actually drive my Jeep.

One of the greatest purchases ever. The adventures I've had - priceless. Just waiting until my GF can actually come to Canada so she can ride in it with me :CWL:

Anyways point is - I could have cared less about cars and trucks before driving that Jeep. Just something about it took hold...

Now I care about Jeeps and check them out. I still could care less about anything else out there lol.

Faresalsal

First Name
Fares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL / 2012 Mustang Boss302 / 1998 Cherokee Sport
I don't even have mine yet....and I am already a total convert from my Cherokee.

I've been a sports car guy. I barely have any interest in my Shelby anymore lol. Gonna get a classic 911 when the markets calm down and then call it a day. Modern Wrangler + Classic Porsche. Done.
I gotta say.. you and me are very similar.. i started the jeep thing with an XJ and have a 2012 boss302 mustang which i rarely drive.. basically lost interest in it after i got the JL.

a perfect combo would be a classic car (67 - 69 Mustang for me) & a modern wrangler.

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, bonjour from a still very timid Quebec spring.

Let's have a laugh for a second.

I'm a car guy since i'm...what...3 year old? About that. Any car, any truck, anything that has an engine. Always loved it.

Then, I test drove a Wrangler about 4 weeks ago. Very first time behind the wheel of a Wrangler. I didn't get why Jeep folks were so loyal to the brand.

First time I put the foot on the gas pedal, I got it immediatly. That thing's just awesome.

So my question to you: am I normal if, all of a sudden, only Jeeps are interesting to me?

I mean, 6 months ago, you'd ask me if i'm excited to finally see and drive the next gen WRX and i would've said "hell yeah, man". Now, it's like "meh...will it have a transfer case?". I mean, my Willys ain't even in my driveway yet and i'm already rolling my eyes when somebody talks to me about how great his CR-V drives (yuck...)

Will it come back to normal one day or am I condemned to drive Jeeps for the rest of my life, not even thinking of another car?

Thanks, merci.
Feel the same pard! Welcome to the fire.

Sponsored

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
I have been a car guy (meaning all cars and trucks that are cool) for ... well forever basically. I was the kid that took out the car magazines at the library instead of books. Never gained much knowledge from it, but oh man the pictures!!
I have been a Jeep guy for almost 20 years now.
I have strayed from the Jeep a few times... That lasts for about a month or two, and then all I am thinking about, and looking at online in my spare time is Jeeps again.
I went with a truck day to day and a crawler Jeep for the weekends, etc. ...... Even that was not enough. I was still looking at the new JL's constantly - checking local dealer stock, etc. even though I wasn't buying.
I have now given in to my addiction! - Sold the TJ, sold the trailer for the TJ, and traded the truck in on a new JL!!!

Ok.... I feel better getting that out in the open. I feel like we are at some kind of weird Jeep addicts anonymous meeting or something. :CWL:

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
condemned
/kənˈdemd/

adjective

sentenced to a particular punishment, especially death.

Easy there, tiger... using the C-word like that again will get you bounced outta this forum. ;)
Sorry if I offended you in any way. Us Quebecers, not being very religious, sometimes forget the weight of those words. Add the language barrier to it and...there you go.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if I offended you in any way. Us Quebecers, not being very religious, sometimes forget the weight of those words. Add the language barrier to it and...there you go.
Welcome to the Jeep cult religion! So... I guess we ain't good enough for pictures?

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Me 20 years ago: "Jeeps are for hippies and cheap people"
Me 15 years ago: "Look at all that tacky crap he put on his Jeep...smh"
Me 10 years ago: "I would never pay over $20k for a crappy Jeep"
Me 5 years ago: "Why did he buy a Jeep if he never goes off-raod? He is stupid"
Me 1 year ago: "I saw a Jeep today that actually looked pretty good"
Me today: "I sure hope my Jeep arrives earlier than 6-8 weeks, I'm an impatient guy"

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Welcome to the Jeep cult religion! So... I guess we ain't good enough for pictures?
Oh!, it's not even if the driveway yet. Ordered last week and Quebec ain't even close from the top of the priority list for deliveries. So I guess...in 4 months? Fingers crossed.

It's a 2DR 6MT '21 Willys, sarge green. Just like the one on my profile pic but this one ain't mine.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
I mean... the CR-V is a fantastic vehicle - recently drove one over 5,000 miles across the US. Incredible gas mileage, comfortable and had near perfect centering of the steering wheel the entire time.. We chose not to drive the WRX because it would've been a total nightmare over that distance.

Now that we have the Jeep, the CR-V definitely seems outdated (mind you, there's a 5 year difference). However, there's a reason Honda has such loyalty.
Oh, it's not a bad vehicle, per say. I just really don't like CVTs, all of them. And I nearly fell asleep test driving one. ;)

Good Lord, is it boring...

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Oh!, it's not even if the driveway yet. Ordered last week and Quebec ain't even close from the top of the priority list for deliveries. So I guess...in 4 months? Fingers crossed.

It's a 2DR 6MT '21 Willys, sarge green. Just like the one on my profile pic but this one ain't mine.
I guess we'll just have to wait...................

Jeep Wrangler JL Becoming too much of a Jeep guy, too quick. eye_roll_victoria

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
Welcome to the quagmire, once you enter here it is hard to get out. I gut sucked in many decades ago and continue to wallow around in the muck. I have enjoyed many other vehicles from muscle cars to nice big trucks but when it is time to kick back and relax I clime into my faithful JEEP.

Jeeps became the vehicle all of my friends expect to see me in and unless I am riding somewhere with the wife in her car (which is nice) I will be behind the wheel of a wrangler.
Sponsored