PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
Yes. They were very secure.
However, upon taking them off and attempting to put the front doors on, I ran into a problem—the bottom hinge moved slightly so the doors would not go on appropriately. There is a thread about this:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/door-issue.56594/#post-1223856.
I did not see this thread before I bought them. I think if you do a search, there are quite a few threads about this.

I loved the jpeggz while they were on. But it was a pain in the butt to get the hinges realigned. I won’t be using them again. I did it, but it shouldn’t happen. It took all the fun out of taking the doors off.

I’m going to do some research to try to find something else.
Thanks for the heads up!! Was gonna order them, not anymore!!
Sponsored

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
That is amazing , built and shipped. Must have been the next one off the line with no buyer.
I had nearly but not all the options in Sarge Green so chances are slim that the exact build was rolling off the line with no buyer. I bought with an employee number, maybe I got especial treatment - also 60 miles from the Toledo plant.

The dealership GM told me up front to expect it in 2 - 3 weeks.

Sponsored

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
I had nearly but not all the options in Sarge Green so chances are slim that the exact build was rolling off the line with no buyer. I bought with an employee number, maybe I got especial treatment - also 60 miles from the Toledo plant.

The dealership GM told me up front to expect it in 2 - 3 weeks.
Can I have the employee number?😂. Maybe I’ll get it before the 19 weeks it seems it will be.

Djblack

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger r/t
Just got a email back from bonus drive said my info was accepted. So looks like I'll be gett a $250.00 check !!!!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Yes. They were very secure.
However, upon taking them off and attempting to put the front doors on, I ran into a problem—the bottom hinge moved slightly so the doors would not go on appropriately. There is a thread about this:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/door-issue.56594/#post-1223856.
I did not see this thread before I bought them. I think if you do a search, there are quite a few threads about this.

I loved the jpeggz while they were on. But it was a pain in the butt to get the hinges realigned. I won’t be using them again. I did it, but it shouldn’t happen. It took all the fun out of taking the doors off.

I’m going to do some research to try to find something else.
They are expensive, but I highly recommend the CMM mirrors.

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Can I have the employee number?😂. Maybe I’ll get it before the 19 weeks it seems it will be.
I have a designer/engineer buddy that has been at AMC, Chrysler, Mercedes, Fiat etc for 30+ years. He could not get me a number, but after much arm twisting I got him to ask some of his high level bosses if they could get me a number. Apparently VPs can get Employee discount numbers for family and friends upon request. Most ignored him but finally one VP agreed to give me a number.

It really takes the edge off the price.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
*how much* of an "edge"?
diligent shopping with a TreadLIghtly 'company' code gets you more than 10% off MSRP.

I have a designer/engineer buddy that has been at AMC, Chrysler, Mercedes, Fiat etc for 30+ years. He could not get me a number, but after much arm twisting I got him to ask some of his high level bosses if they could get me a number. Apparently VPs can get Employee discount numbers for family and friends upon request. Most ignored him but finally one VP agreed to give me a number.

It really takes the edge off the price.

Sponsored

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
*how much* of an "edge"?
diligent shopping with a TreadLIghtly 'company' code gets you more than 10% off MSRP.
About the same. I would have looked into one of the remote dealers that are willing to bargain but it was nice going to the dealer 20 minutes away. I could not find a dealer in Michigan that was willing to negotiate when I started looking last summer.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i'm lucky that in the Greater Bay Area there are probably a dozen dealers within about an hours drive. i called many of them one Saturday telling them what i wanted and the general range they were going to have to bid in to get my business.
i did get a slightly better offer from a guy at the other end of the state, but not better enough to justify the multi-hour drive i'd have to do to take advantage of it.

bottom line; my advice to anyone shopping is to join Tread LIghtly 30 days before your want to buy to get the 1% below Invoice discount for a starter price.
figure out exactly what you want, call all the dealers you'd be willing to travel to, share your Build Sheet with the Fleet Manager or Internet Manager, and let them bid for your business. you might be surprised how quickly you can cut through the dealers BS when they know you know what you want and you're already working below invoice. (sadly, my local dealer was not one of them, and wouldn't even get within $1500 of the best price within an hours drive of them.)

About the same. I would have looked into one of the remote dealers that are willing to bargain but it was nice going to the dealer 20 minutes away. I could not find a dealer in Michigan that was willing to negotiate when I started looking last summer.

PECoach

First Name
Coach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler TJ
i'm lucky that in the Greater Bay Area there are probably a dozen dealers within about an hours drive. i called many of them one Saturday telling them what i wanted and the general range they were going to have to bid in to get my business.
i did get a slightly better offer from a guy at the other end of the state, but not better enough to justify the multi-hour drive i'd have to do to take advantage of it.

bottom line; my advice to anyone shopping is to join Tread LIghtly 30 days before your want to buy to get the 1% below Invoice discount for a starter price.
figure out exactly what you want, call all the dealers you'd be willing to travel to, share your Build Sheet with the Fleet Manager or Internet Manager, and let them bid for your business. you might be surprised how quickly you can cut through the dealers BS when they know you know what you want and you're already working below invoice. (sadly, my local dealer was not one of them, and wouldn't even get within $1500 of the best price within an hours drive of them.)
Yes, 100% agree. I had 3 local dealerships battling over my lease... when one would give me a number, I’d go back to the others to match or do better. It definitely worked for me. Got the lease I wanted, the monthly number I wanted to hit, and the miles I needed.

I always work dealerships against each other. I find it the best way to get a deal. 👍