rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
I love my Genright
46EDD271-A915-427F-B70A-3349964AFE17.jpeg
I really like Gen right too. Their parts all seem to be really nice quality. (had their crawler gas tank in my TJ).
I am just not sure if I am willing to give up the factory fog lights.

Your set up looks awesome!
Sponsored

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Here is a good view of the rear RockHard with the tire carrier installed. The tire carrier gave me a place to store my jack and I installed LED lights (tied into my reverse) in the holes for the backup sensors so I would have more light.

rear.jpg
I just ordered the RH for my '21 JLR plus the basic tire carrier. I'm curious how you mounted your high lift. I know the more expensive one ($600-ish) has a jack mount plus the beefier hinges. Can you post a pic of how you are mounting it on yours?

Roostre

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2-dr, 1949 Willy’s, 1994 F-350
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! FA2C54E7-2311-4B39-ABDE-C6BDDEA51844

Rock hard aluminum mid. Very nicely made, good quality hardware included, and easy to install. Also opted for Rockhard tow bar mount and Gear America Aluminum D-shackles.
Super light front bumper setup; no noticeable difference in the height of the front end. Handles like stock.

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! FA2C54E7-2311-4B39-ABDE-C6BDDEA51844

Rock hard aluminum mid. Very nicely made, good quality hardware included, and easy to install. Also opted for Rockhard tow bar mount and Gear America Aluminum D-shackles.
Super light front bumper setup; no noticeable difference in the height of the front end. Handles like stock.
Very nice! I am still looking around, but am leaning towards rock hard. Have not found one complaint about the quality yet which is a really good sign. Thanks for the info! :like:
and by the way that is one bada** willys in that pic!

xcbiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
So I know there are tons of threads on bumpers! But they all seem to get over run with too many different types of bumpers.
So for this thread let's see ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Would prefer to see sets (front and rear matching from same company, same series, etc.) but all aluminum bumpers are welcome to join in haha.
I am having a real hard time deciding on bumpers and hoping this might help to narrow it down for me and others who want to keep the weight down on their rigs. And at the same time it is an opportunity to show off that expensive bumper or bumper(s) you bought!
D5965D87-87CF-4DFB-AFAA-B93DF7739A93.jpeg

Sponsored

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
I just ordered the RH for my '21 JLR plus the basic tire carrier. I'm curious how you mounted your high lift. I know the more expensive one ($600-ish) has a jack mount plus the beefier hinges. Can you post a pic of how you are mounting it on yours?
Apparently the more expensive kit was not that expensive when I bought mine. I guess aluminum has gone up in cost. You may need to drink more beer and save your cans so you can make your own.

jack.jpg

WhitneyWillys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! jack

Here’s my MP Concepts aluminum version of the rubicon steel bumper.
Mike, Not sure If I asked you this before on another thread. Did you manage to fit the stock willys LED fog lights on to this bumper?

Also, if I recall correctly, you had mentioned this weighed less than the OEM steel one (as it should), correct?

Thanks.

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
Mike, Not sure If I asked you this before on another thread. Did you manage to fit the stock willys LED fog lights on to this bumper?

Also, if I recall correctly, you had mentioned this weighed less than the OEM steel one (as it should), correct?

Thanks.
I was able to fit my stock fogs in with the provided bracket, no problem. At least no problem with the lights themselves. Getting them in place and running the wire was kind of a pain in the rear that the included instructions did not adequately cover.

While I didn’t have a mopar steel bumper to compare with, I expect it was considerably lighter. In my completely unscientific estimation, I would say it’s probably about half of the 90 pounds the Mopar steel bumper is listed at. But that’s just a guess, I didn’t weigh it.

Edit: I found a user question and answer on Extreme Terrain’s site that states the shipping weight was 41 pounds. That seems low to me... the winch plate is steel and probably weighs a good 20-25 pounds on its own.

Last edited:

CJ7 and 4 wheel drive

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Why would I want an aluminum bumper? Aluminum is softer than steel and is probably not as durable. Are the weight savings really that big of a deal? Other than weight, what are the advantages of aluminum?

Give me a steel bumper any day of the week.

Sponsored

Roostre

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2-dr, 1949 Willy’s, 1994 F-350
Vehicle Showcase
Why would I want an aluminum bumper? Aluminum is softer than steel and is probably not as durable. Are the weight savings really that big of a deal? Other than weight, what are the advantages of aluminum?

Lots of threads with steel bumpers too.

Great user name - funny song from the old days !

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have the genright on order. Couldn't care less about the fogs, barely notice the difference they make in heavy fog.

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Well that sounds to me like someone who never sees salt on the roads in the winter time! :CWL: ( I am jealous!)

Besides the nearly instant rust issues - my last Jeep was a really well built TJ with Dynatrac one tons, steel full belly armor, steel bumpers, steel roll cage, steel fenders, etc. etc. So after driving and wheeling the crap out of that crazy heavy beast for years - This time I really am trying hard to keep the weight down. Not to mention I am tired of sanding and re-spraying my bumpers!

I agree with you that steel bumpers will (probably) hold up better to hard wheeling in the long run. But this Jeep isn't go to see trails higher than 7-8 rating so I am gambling that aluminum will hold up just fine. But really only time will tell.

Last edited: