Sponsored

Typical jeep owner aside, there is just no reason for people to own a Jeep Wrangler

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Thats pretty funny. I’m sure it was all sarcasm. Reddit is the ultimate internet pot stirrer. I swear it is literally the most negative place I have read on the internet. But then Again there are a lot of stupid people out there.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The wrangler is attractive because people are drawn to boxy square-shaped vehicles. The jeep fits their ideal vehicle because they want something square and unique but dont have any interest in vehicles in general.

And half of them dont even realize they can take their doors off 😂
Wrangler’s boxy styling stands out in a growing sea of cockroach shapes. Wrangler's boxiness gives out a an image of fun, freedom, adventure and, yes, manliness.

That’s enough for many buyers, male and female, to be willing to pay a $10,000 premium over a jellybean-shaped SUV that offers better handling, ride, comfort and efficiency.

Whether 4WD can or cannot be engaged, it can go over rocks, or the roof panels can come off or not, is all rather immaterial.

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Thats pretty funny. I’m sure it was all sarcasm. Reddit is the ultimate internet pot stirrer. I swear it is literally the most negative place I have read on the internet. But then Again there are a lot of stupid people out there.
You arent kidding. Last year I used to be a bully to people on there just to see how many downvotes I could get on my comments. Next thing I know I have this group contacting me about joining them in becoming "reddits best trolls" and its leader was some 45 year old guy... wtf. They even had some bot watching my account tracking how many downvotes I got per week. Thats when I think I realized I hit rock bottom and deleted my account haha!

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
You arent kidding. Last year I used to be a bully to people on there just to see how many downvotes I could get on my comments. Next thing I know I have this group contacting me about joining them in becoming "reddits best trolls" and its leader was some 45 year old guy... wtf. They even had some bot watching my account tracking how many downvotes I got per week. Thats when I think I realized I hit rock bottom and deleted my account haha!
Thank God for the Ignore Button, with the custom Flush sound...

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
It's not fuel efficient, it's horrible for the environment, it's no more capable than a regular car, and it's one of the most dangerous vehicles on the road.

I had a trip out to Utah, and the rental place didn't have any other SUVs on the lot. They offered a Wrangler and I figured it would be fun. Lot was empty so I spend a little bit driving over the curbs in their lot and they come running out like madmen telling me to stop. It's a Jeep and yet it can't drive over small bumps? What a fucking joke. So apparently its not offload capable if it can't handle curbs at like 20mph.

So get on the road and head to hotel. Half way there I decide to open the sunroof which is super hard with like 6 latches, and the fucking thing flies off. There's no hinges or anything on the sunroof, it's just a big piece of plastic that's completely unsecured. Luckily it was a 30mph road so there was just scrapes on it.

After that - and for EVERY. FUCKING. DAY. Every jeep I passed would wave me down or just wave like they fucking knew me. The first few times I stopped and pulled over, but they never turned around or anything. Just randomly waving at other jeeps like jackasses. Like who the fuck were these people?

I also tried out the 4 wheel drive and the thing went soooooooooo slow. The engine was running at the fastest it would go and I was only going like 20MPH. Ridiculous. Didn't even get to drive it in 4 wheel on the dirt, after only 5 miles the whole thing started shaking and I had to turn around. Maybe 4 wheel drive is more fun in the dirt but it's god awful slow on pavement.

Sorry, I just had to share this with you guys. I found it on the internet on a reddit post. Personally I found it hilarious.
@LiveToWork Rhys: I shrug my shoulders at such thoughts like those you quoted, and clearly don't personally represent.:)

Those who dislike Wranglers will fall into two camps that aren't necessarily mutually exclusive (i.e. one person can be in both.)

There's those who make absolutely logical points about some of the Wrangler's shortcomings simply because the places where the vehicle shines don't peak their interest. And that's fine. The Wrangler isn't for everyone.

And there's those who make ridiculous points, like the Wrangler is "no more capable than a regular car," which anyone privy to facts would know that in some key ways is patently false. Capable is a broad term. To point, if we're testing 0 - 50 mph such critics may have a point, but if we're testing which stock vehicle can take on more terrain, well, I don't need to convince anyone who is reasonable that this has simply proven not to be true.

More time than not, when I read critiques like the one you provided us with I find them to contain a bit of both. Then again, the reviewer is biased and so am I, but at least I recognize my bias and try to compensate for it with fact more than mere anecdote.

Again, and to make clear Rhys, this is NOTHING against you personally, just the quote you referenced (which is not yours and which you are not responsible for) and I suspect agree with me on some points about.:)

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Belongs in the humor room. Love to see the video.

Sholmberg0311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Occupation
Adult baby sitter

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Made my day! This reddit post is hilarious! :LOL:

Reminds me of a YouTube video a few months ago that someone on this forum shared. There was a guy driving a "prius" type vehicle angry and cussing out all the Jeep wrangler drivers waving at each other, lifting, big tires and so on. At least, I thought it was supposed to be funny ;)

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Some people could be in Heaven and complain like Hell, look at it this way, now we have Biden

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
My wife choose a Wrangler for two reasons - it's an SUV, and a convertible. Well I suppose there is one more secondary reason - she could get it in yellow.

The facts being discussed in this thread are the reason why I call BS on anyone who says "I bought a Wrangler purely for it's off-road capability". Almost no one would honestly do that - at least not a JL. A JL is far too expensive to be a good choice for that role. Furthermore, most any lifted mid-size or full-size body-on-frame truck can do 90-95% of what a Wrangler can do off-road, and that's more than enough for 99.9% of buyers...then there's the fact that any of those trucks would be far better choices ON-ROAD. No, the appeal for the Wrangler is it's utilitarian style coupled with the top-off option, and THEN off-road capability. Because really, that's the end of the list of things the Wrangler is especially good at. Everything else is a compromise in a Wrangler, and comparing that fact with it's sales numbers shows just how powerful the style factor is.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
So get on the road and head to hotel. Half way there I decide to open the sunroof which is super hard with like 6 latches, and the fucking thing flies off. There's no hinges or anything on the sunroof, it's just a big piece of plastic that's completely unsecured. Luckily it was a 30mph road so there was just scrapes on it.
This you?

Jeep Wrangler JL Typical jeep owner aside, there is just no reason for people to own a Jeep Wrangler 53mr5p
Sponsored