Sponsored

For those of you who had "MILES" on your new JP. Did you also have one of these on the window?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That label doesn’t hold any water IMO.

Ultimately, the proof is in the pudding. There are posts on here by owners of 2020 and 2021 JLs losing all electrical assist and other quality problems as soon as they drive off the dealer lot.

Were those Jeeps not “tested”? If not, why not? If yes, how come the testing didn’t catch the problems?

The only reason FCA feels the need to print those labels is precisely because of the problems that are happening. Otherwise, they wouldn’t need to print anything.
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
You sound like a car salesman. I'd be pissed over 30 miles but only because the dealership used it as a test drive model which means they made me wait to pick it up so they could use it as a sales tool. I'll bet there's not a "no big deal" response at a dealership if you turn a lease vehicle in with 30 miles over the limit.
Except you know it was tested at the factory and not the dealership. The lease hypothetically starts at 34 miles with the warranty aswell. If you break a contract that's your own responsibility. Brand new vehicles for purchase realistically range from 3 to 100 miles. There's no set number and is arbitrary. Your comparison is nonsensical.

"This vehicle has 34 miles on it? There's no way I'm following through with this deal." I can't imagine as an adult walking into a dealership and saying this with a straight face.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Mine had 25 miles on it, and the salesman didn't even know how to drive it. I'm a little worried about him taking it out to get gas, I guess he drove (and ran the clutch) and another salesman ran the gearshift. But then if I had a nickel for everytime I missed a shift in my Civic doing something silly in traffic, I'd have a lot of extra money.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Except you know it was tested at the factory and not the dealership. The lease hypothetically starts at 34 miles with the warranty aswell. If you break a contract that's your own responsibility. Brand new vehicles for purchase realistically range from 3 to 100 miles. There's no set number and is arbitrary. Your comparison is nonsensical.

"This vehicle has 34 miles on it? There's no way I'm following through with this deal." I can't imagine as an adult walking into a dealership and saying this with a straight face.
Congratulations! You figured out how to win an argument: put words into someone else's mouth. Try reading and listening more and talking less.

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Love poking the bear, and clearly you folks love to be poked. No I was never a salesman, a service writer yes, and you babies love to be poked and poked hard. The ones that freak over extra miles are the same ones that would be slurping up any snake oil I served up.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Congratulations! You figured out how to win an argument: put words into someone else's mouth. Try reading and listening more and talking less.
"You quoted me for my word but that's not what it meant!" The irony of you complaining about reading comprehension :CWL:

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"You quoted me for my word but that's not what it meant!" The irony of you complaining about reading comprehension :CWL:
Yep. Definitely the mental capacity of a car salesman. Good luck, sparky.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love poking the bear, and clearly you folks love to be poked. No I was never a salesman, a service writer yes, and you babies love to be poked and poked hard. The ones that freak over extra miles are the same ones that would be slurping up any snake oil I served up.
This a forum for owners and prospective buyers. If you want to stir the pot, find some high school girls to impress, that's obviously where you peaked.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
This a forum for owners and prospective buyers. If you want to stir the pot, find some high school girls to impress, that's obviously where you peaked.
Starting with the first sentence you made in this thread every post you’ve made has been derogatory in some way. The hypocrisy and irony is incredible.

Sponsored

RamMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Dsl. / '16 Ram PW / '14 GC Dsl.
Occupation
Transport / Odd Jobs
Yea 30 miles I’d be a little disappointed but would let it go. 300 and we’d have to talk.
I was happy with mine......

Jeep Wrangler JL For those of you who had "MILES" on your new JP. Did you also have one of these on the window? B48D092C-3ED6-4294-AFAD-4362A4D5BEAB

Jeep Wrangler JL For those of you who had "MILES" on your new JP. Did you also have one of these on the window? B48D092C-3ED6-4294-AFAD-4362A4D5BEAB

Dcoury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Not at all disappointed!!!
Not at all disappointed!!!
Well I for one wished mine would of had 30 miles on ( Quality control check ) before we picked it up. We drove 450 miles to Peterson Dodge in Nampa Idaho to pick up our 2021 3.0 Rubicon that we ordered four months earlier.

The Rubicon had six miles on it when we went to take possession. After waiting for it to be detailed we then took it for a test drive prior to completing the deal.

We were on the road in about two hours heading home (Wife decided she was going to drive) when we pulled over for a pit stop with 31 miles on it. We were walking up to the Jeep and she started it with the remote start. We heard what sounded like the fan hitting the radiator. She turned it off and restarted it again with same noise but not as loud.

We called Peterson and they were there waiting for us. Long story short it was Thanksgiving week and they found that the Flex plate was warped.

Peterson had the parts in two days and it was finished Friday after Thanksgiving, so three days and it was repaired. The service manger called and asked if he could take it for a test drive of a hundred miles. I told him yes as we had returned to Oregon during this time.

Peterson made a crapoy situation the best they could, paid hotel bills and gave us a very substantial gift card for trouble.

Two points buying this vehicle from Peterson was the best experience ever in purchasing a vehicle.
Second if it had someone test drove it for say thirty miles maybe it would of been caught prior to us.
Jeep had 4,400 miles on it and runs like a beast with no more problems.

RamMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Dsl. / '16 Ram PW / '14 GC Dsl.
Occupation
Transport / Odd Jobs
Your 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty starts with the mileage on the vehicle when you take delivery. Example: 31 miles at delivery = 36,031 miles bumper to bumper.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Starting with the first sentence you made in this thread every post you’ve made has been derogatory in some way. The hypocrisy and irony is incredible.
Only derogatory to a dealership trying to rip me off. Never started a personal attack. Some tools on here calling people childish or babies for standing up to dealerships. Standard shady dealership 101 training: make the buyer seem stupid, childish or unreasonable for asking for sensible things. Dealers should use the vehicles they have for test drives. Never a vehicle someone has ordered and is waiting to be delivered. It's called ethics. Some dealerships have them, some don't.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t know at the delivery time of my Jeep that they don’t use ordered Jeep’s for test drives. My nephew passed the dealership while I was on a cruise in Bermuda and texted me pictures. I had visions of test drives and kids walking on my seats. I then called and was assured no test drives. When I returned and saw that plastic on the steering wheel, it was a relief.

F7488073-045F-4A94-9598-B2EF3E1DF571.jpeg
Sponsored