Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
😁 Your post reminded me of the time I was on horseback near Springerville. We were climbing a mountain trail that was just a pile of rocks. The guy behind me said "when God made Arizona, he forgot to give it dirt".
I guess to make up for it we got the Grand Canyon, Sedona and the saguaro cactus.
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I guess to make up for it we got the Grand Canyon, Sedona and the saguaro cactus.
Mother Nature cut a groove a mile deep in Arizona and it was still rock.

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Since you’re in the USA (where DAB radio does not exist) I would say fuck that antenna in the windshield - unless you plan on shipping your Jeep to Europe, Africa or Asia where they actually use DAB (Digital Audio Broadcast Radio).

The only thing that antenna in the windshield is doing for you in the USA is making your windshield cost more and be harder to get.

Still doesn’t really help you though because the one with just adaptive cruise isn’t available yet either
I made a mistake - it's the HTJ-003 one that I need. I'm on my second windshield though so I dunno if my original one had it or not. I thought it did, but this one definitely does not.

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I made a mistake - it's the HTJ-003 one that I need. I'm on my second windshield though so I dunno if my original one had it or not. I thought it did, but this one definitely does not.
Fill out this early bird link and they will email you as soon as it comes in stock, and it’s free and easy to add yourself.

Their email will also probably come with a nice $50 off coupon code just like I got.

https://hyperformanceglassproducts.com/jeep-htj-003-waitlist/

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
This model is only for those with adaptive cruise control AND an antenna built into your windshield....

may god help you my son

Also just FYI the one for adaptive cruise and no antenna is not out yet either.

Luckily I didn’t order any of these options on mine. So if you don’t have adaptive cruise or an antenna imbedded in your windshield they are available now LOL

What’s the antennae for? I ordered my JT with adaptive cruise but I only got the 7” radio because I’m doing a custom system

Sponsored

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
What’s the antennae for? I ordered my JT with adaptive cruise but I only got the 7” radio because I’m doing a custom system
It’s for some radio system used in the rest of the world - but NOT the USA.

So unless you’re taking your Jeep to another continent like Europe or Africa it’s useless

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
My windshield was just replaced under Factory Warranty with approximately 28,500 miles on it. They replaced it with the new Gorilla Glass windshield, so far so good, I'm about 1,500 miles in.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
My windshield was just replaced under Factory Warranty with approximately 28,500 miles on it. They replaced it with the new Gorilla Glass windshield, so far so good, I'm about 1,500 miles in.
Is it the standard factory warranty or the glass protection warranty that covered it? I skipped the glass protection when I bought my vehicle last August but opted for extended warranty. My glass just cracked from the base without a visible chip.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Question, If your windshield gets a crack from seemingly nothing hitting it and you are still under 3yr/36 can you get it replaced under warranty? I can go through my insurance but I still need to pay to have them slap another inspection sticker on it so I was wondering about the possibility.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is it the standard factory warranty or the glass protection warranty that covered it? I skipped the glass protection when I bought my vehicle last August but opted for extended warranty. My glass just cracked from the base without a visible chip.
Great question, unfortunately I don't know though... The dealer contacted FCA and they agree to replace it at no charge... So I didn't ask questions LOL

I had no extended warranty, or glass specific warranty. only the Factory 36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Sponsored

damageinc321

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Great question, unfortunately I don't know though... The dealer contacted FCA and they agree to replace it at no charge... So I didn't ask questions LOL

I had no extended warranty, or glass specific warranty. only the Factory 36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty.
I have a few months left on factory warranty and I have an aftermarket warranty and glass coverage thru ins, no cracks yet, (fingers crossed) but if I do I was hoping I could pay the upcharge to get the gorilla glass. Anyone use any of those options to do so?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a few months left on factory warranty and I have an aftermarket warranty and glass coverage thru ins, no cracks yet, (fingers crossed) but if I do I was hoping I could pay the upcharge to get the gorilla glass. Anyone use any of those options to do so?
I didn't ask for the gorilla glass, they just put it in mine.

overcrawler

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
How was it replaced under the factory warranty?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How was it replaced under the factory warranty?
On 12/24/20 I was driving down the road in the snow, with no one around. I turned on my defroster and within 30 seconds I heard a loud pop and saw a crack in my windshield. There were no other cars around and no trees overhead and I was driving about 25mph.

I went to my dealer and explained what happened, they shot off an email to FCA who approved the replacement under warranty almost immediately.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Any updates on the gorilla glass? I’m already through 2 factory windshields so just ordered one today. Hoping it will last a while or I may have to add glass coverage back on to my insurance. Just hate that even a windshield replacement when you have glass coverage counts as a claim.
Sponsored