Sponsored

Typical jeep owner aside, there is just no reason for people to own a Jeep Wrangler

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Most Wrangler owners I know don't take the top or doors off, or go off-road, or deal with snow climates. So in a way I have no idea why they bought a Wrangler to begin with.
The wrangler is attractive because people are drawn to boxy square-shaped vehicles. The jeep fits their ideal vehicle because they want something square and unique but dont have any interest in vehicles in general.

And half of them dont even realize they can take their doors off 😂
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
LMFAO. at first i was like WTF dude.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

cant take curbs at 20mph lol

the guy who wrote that on reddit is probably the same sales telemarketer that calls my phone every night about 8pm, that i never answer.
he’s just concerned that your vehicles warranty is about to expire

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
the funny part was about the freedom panels flying off. it reminds me the one time i saw a real moron taking off his t tops off while driving. that didnt go well. the glass top shattered all over the road.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
the funny part was about the freedom panels flying off. it reminds me the one time i saw a real moron taking off his t tops off while driving. that didnt go well. the glass top shattered all over the road.
What? How do you take the top off while driving?

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
To be honest, these would not be the types of people you WANT to own a jeep lol.
i agree. BUT....think of it this way. they get one wreck it. insurance total it. goes to the junkyard to part out whats left. thats and opportunity for us real jeepers to pick thru and either repair, replace, or upgrade your jeep.

Last edited:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
What? How do you take the top off while driving?
it was a camaro (late 80s) the glass t top is held on by claps (if i recall) just like the 2 front clamps on the freedom top. apparently the guy unclamped the t top and there it goes.

Sholmberg0311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Occupation
Adult baby sitter
The wrangler is attractive because people are drawn to boxy square-shaped vehicles. The jeep fits their ideal vehicle because they want something square and unique but dont have any interest in vehicles in general.

And half of them dont even realize they can take their doors off 😂
A guy I work with bought his first Jeep. Said he took his doors off for the first time and he will never do it again because of how hard it was. Instead of just taking out the top and bottom door hinge nut he took the entire assembly apart. 🤦‍♂️ therefore the hinges remained on the vehicle body while he drove around.

Sponsored

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
the guy who wrote that on reddit is probably the same sales telemarketer that calls my phone every night about 8pm, that i never answer.
It’s probably the same guy who calls me to tell me that my vehicle’s extended warranty is about to expire. Too bad I have a 2020 Jeep and an 09 Honda Sedan.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
A guy I work with bought his first Jeep. Said he took his doors off for the first time and he will never do it again because of how hard it was. Instead of just taking out the top and bottom door hinge nut he took the entire assembly apart. 🤦‍♂️ therefore the hinges remained on the vehicle body while he drove around.
It’s called an owners manual. Did he care to read?

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
it was a camaro (late 80s) the glass t top is held on by claps (if i recall) just like the 2 front clamps on the freedom top. apparently the guy unclamped the t top and there it goes.
a lot less work to remove the camaro ones ... just one handle to pull and they come off by sliding slightly to the side and lifting up.

JohnT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4-minutemiles.weebly.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
i agree. BUT....think of it this way. they get one wreck it. insureance total it. goes to the junkyard to part out whats left. thats and opertunity for us real jeepers to pick thru and either repair, replace, or upgrade your jeep.
your glass is clearly half full... I like that idea!

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
...or the one trying to sell you a new car warranty.
Sponsored