KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Keep up the good work! I’m thankful that you are taking the time to keep us updated

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Keep up the good work! I’m thankful that you are taking the time to keep us updated
my pleasure. Doing what I can. We’ll see how It goes.

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
thank you for the great info, I understand it takes a lot of time and effort to give free content to others. With that said, I am curious if you have ever thought of, or heard of anyone doing tunes to the new wrangler eco diesel. I have a 2021 jlu diesel and with steel bumpers, 37's and 4" of lift I get 24.5 hand calc (average for a whole tank, city and freeway in arizona) and stock I got 30.5 hand calc. I am extremely pleased with this but know there is more to get. I drive like you and have a mpg obsession. P.S. I have zero engine mods, just lift tires wheels, bumpers and I use the taser mini for tire size, etc.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
thank you for the great info, I understand it takes a lot of time and effort to give free content to others. With that said, I am curious if you have ever thought of, or heard of anyone doing tunes to the new wrangler eco diesel. I have a 2021 jlu diesel and with steel bumpers, 37's and 4" of lift I get 24.5 hand calc (average for a whole tank, city and freeway in arizona) and stock I got 30.5 hand calc. I am extremely pleased with this but know there is more to get. I drive like you and have a mpg obsession. P.S. I have zero engine mods, just lift tires wheels, bumpers and I use the taser mini for tire size, etc.
trying to help wherever i can.

i would presume there is a ton in that ecodiesel. I dont follow it much being that i have a gasser, obviously, but id expect the usual suspects to hit the scene Soon. The big thing you want to correct is not just boost and fuel, but EGR operation.

i had ppei tuning on my cummins that i was happy with; and Green Diesel Engineering on a previous ecodiesel that ran really well too.

i think GDE is hitting the new ecodiesel tunes now, so maybe check there. I ran both his engine and trans tune previously and i was really pleased with it. He knows his stuff, especially on the eco’s. Some of the big names like ppei or whatever might have stuff out soon, but I cant speak to their ecodiesel files. The cummins file was great. From New Orleans to Houston i got 30.1mpg in my 2500 with that tune, staying at 55-60mph

maybe check diesel power products page for whatever latest offerings are. Theyre big in the diesel mopar scene.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Update for today:

Man i knew today was gonna suck but damn.

-there was more traffic than ive seen since the start of “2 weeks to slow the curve” a year ago. I sat in rush hour traffic for about 20-25minutes as lights were backed up. The ess system sucks. Needs a bigger battery.

-i hit every light on a yellow. Every. Single. One. Every one getting me the longest stop the light could offer and a nice long fuel sucking pull back up to 55-65.

-the wind. Steady high winds, Gusts over 30knots. Dirt getting lifted and carried. Tons of rotor off of terrain. Flags at full stand. Multiple times i had the top of the steering wheel’s t-bar turned past the blinker stalk just to maintain my lane and not get blown into the next on over. Today was not ideal.

But, complaints be damned, the numbers are today’s numbers. Hoping for better this weekend when i run again.

200miles fuel stop to fuel stop. Went to the second click each time. Truck took 9.8 gallons at the fill up, display was 20.1, hand calc 20.4. Im about done doing hand calcs. Im always under 5% deviation one way or another. Load today was only 200-250lb.

Jeep Wrangler JL Understanding the ECU 101..:or how im getting over 20mpg on 37’s 9AABBD8F-30B7-4225-BB3E-CEBF063D142A

Throttle body definitely made a difference. There were 5 hills i was expecting it go a gear lower than it actually did, so on marginal downshifts its able to keep a gear higher on some of them. Little bits of efficiency, all adding up.

Im about out of mpg things to post. If being CONSISTENTLY over 20mpg with kids, luggage, tools, 4” lift(over rubicon height) and heavy ass Falken 37’s doesnt prove what im saying works, I dont know what does.

pulsar v4 board for beta testing arrived and installed. It is indeed all new construction. Ill be making notes for Superchips.
Jeep Wrangler JL Understanding the ECU 101..:or how im getting over 20mpg on 37’s 1EB79CB1-40EE-4398-B00B-2FA1A518A999

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 w/ 3.0
Definitely keep up the post on the new version of the Pulsar. I like the idea of the Livernois, but being down my Jeep is hard. Daily driver, so need it for work and hauling kids. I'm sure the misses would love to do Driving Miss Daisy, but that would entail her living the house 10 minutes earlier in the morning.

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
1) THANKS for the videos in the OP. Great stuff, orientation of the videos be damned.
2) So effectively, the Pulsar (pre-v4) will pay for itself in ~20k miles...?

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Really appreciate what you are doing here! I would love to see you post up some kinda product recommendations list for those of us that are interested in trying to make improvements. I’m thinking about starting with a better filter/airbox now, then maybe tuner, and lastly exhaust only if I have to.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
1) THANKS for the videos in the OP. Great stuff, orientation of the videos be damned.
2) So effectively, the Pulsar (pre-v4) will pay for itself in ~20k miles...?
not sure. wasnt looking for a ROI as much as I was just to make it drive more gooder er.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
did runs this week. One was just over 20mpg one was just over 21. This is keeping speed at no more than 5mph over posted limit (but never below). this is on 37’s, 4” lift, 4.88 gears. When i was all stock it was 18-18.5

i did an extended section where I “kept pace with left lane acceleration from lights and speed”...*cough*... and it fell to 17-17.5. Stock this was 16-17 range. The air drag of the lift has a big impact, but the results are there.

5-6 runs, all consistently over 20mpg.....at overlanding highway cruise that adds up to 50more miles per tank than stock, which was my goal as well as better performance.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Really appreciate what you are doing here! I would love to see you post up some kinda product recommendations list for those of us that are interested in trying to make improvements. I’m thinking about starting with a better filter/airbox now, then maybe tuner, and lastly exhaust only if I have to.
the exhaust is a restriction, i like borla and awe personally. I think a minimum of 2.5” diameter is what you should shoot for.

most intakes are more or less the same. my considerations were more flow, ability to run a paper filter, and ability to fit a snorkel- so i went Mopar. Holley looks like it would flow well. Just consider what filter elements you want access too. Kn style filters are fine for street use, but youll want something more robust for dusty conditions.

so far pulsar v4 is improved over v3 and im passing on notes to Superchips. The other tuners there would work. The livernois map is superb.

i had my reasons for picking what I did, but that doesnt mean other products wont work. With CARB becoming an increasingly big deal and EPA on the warpath, and my job relocating me frequently, staying fully federally and 50 state legal is a big concern for me, which factors heavily into my parts consideration.

just my $.02

Last edited:

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Have you had a chance to try the manual shift yet?
Curious to hear if it pushes your mpg's even higher.

Jeep Wrangler JL Understanding the ECU 101..:or how im getting over 20mpg on 37’s MPG Speedo

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Have you had a chance to try the manual shift yet?
Curious to hear if it pushes your mpg's even higher.

Jeep Wrangler JL Understanding the ECU 101..:or how im getting over 20mpg on 37’s MPG Speedo
i did. Didnt make a difference for me; but my tq converter unlocks more easily than yours on current tune. Ill revsist once my trans is tuned
Sponsored