Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I haven't driven one, but I think it is a good offering in the segment it is in. I still think in the long run it will outsell the full-size bronco.

Keep in mind Chevy sold 100,000 Blazers in 2020.
Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Cause the Wrangler isnt a hit with soccer moms and Rent a Car places near the ocean?
Maybe Wranglers are hits with soccer moms elsewhere in the country, but certaintly not where I'm at. They either drive Escape sized SUVs, Porsche SUVs or Range Rovers. And I have no clue about places near the ocean.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
The Sport looks are very underwhelming and i personally think it devalues the "Bronco" nametag. If i go to the build & price mode only 2 trims start under $30K so they're not necessarily cheap either.

That said, i'm sure plenty of people will jump on the bandwagon and get it.

Nohair989

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport
It's funny that a lot of you compare the new Bronco Sport to the older style Escapes. I traded in my 2004 Escape for my JL Sport. Put 260K miles on it and drove it almost everywhere. Loved the body style on those old ones; not so much on the latest body style though.
Peace!

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tbd
Maybe Wranglers are hits with soccer moms elsewhere in the country, but certaintly not where I'm at. They either drive Escape sized SUVs, Porsche SUVs or Range Rovers. And I have no clue about places near the ocean.
dude i'm also in atlanta and 90% of wranglers I see are in the carpool drop off line.....

Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Local Ford dealer I drive past daily has had 02 sitting on the lot for probably close to 2 months. I haven't seen them move.... at all.

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I don’t think you can compare the wrangler to the Bronco Sport. Two entirely different vehicles designed to attract two very different demographics. Probably like Democrats and Republicans. I’ll leave it up to your imagination who would prefer what.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I see them everywhere already, I’ve seen at least 6 or 7 different ones. Saw an actual Bronco prototype driving the opposite way on the I-10 a few weeks back, there is no mistaking the two. Bronco on 35’s is an absolute beast, it’s a head turner for sure. Anyone claiming it looks like an FJ or Flex is going to change their tune when they see it in person. (This is the same one I saw, not my picture though! Also note the top is so light because it’s unpainted, several of the prototypes have unpainted tops)
Jeep Wrangler JL Saw a bronco sport in the wild today A728D17F-5CB1-4254-B6E5-0126CA825001

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I saw a fully loaded Land Rover Defender the other day, by fully loaded I mean every single Land Rover 'brochure' accessory installed with snorkel, ladders, saddlebox etc. Not a speck of dirt, tire shined and waxed to perfection of course. I was like WTF is that shit???

It honestly looked a fat loaf of bread.

OP
OP
Thx1158

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I saw a fully loaded Land Rover Defender the other day, by fully loaded I mean every single Land Rover 'brochure' accessory installed with snorkel, ladders etc. Not a speck of dirt, tire shined and waxed to perfection of course. I was like WTF is that shit???

Rover really missed an opportunity there....I dont know how they are selling but early on...there was quite a bit of controversy about the "Defender" (I'm on several Rover Boards as well). The defender name should not have been used on that one in my opinion. I looked at it...and ended up with a D5., but that is another story...LOL

Sponsored

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
I saw a fully loaded Land Rover Defender the other day, by fully loaded I mean every single Land Rover 'brochure' accessory installed with snorkel, ladders, saddlebox etc. Not a speck of dirt, tire shined and waxed to perfection of course. I was like WTF is that shit???

I agree, but at the same time i see so many lifted, beefed up Wranglers on 37's or 40's with D60s and every armor plate you can throw at it and it has never seen any dirt. I know cause you look at the under side and it is as sparkling clean as the exterior. I guess people just like to throw money at a vehicle to make it look bad ass and never use it as it in intended.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I agree, but at the same time i see so many lifted, beefed up Wranglers on 37's or 40's with D60s and every armor plate you can throw at it and it has never seen any dirt. I know cause you look at the under side and it is as sparkling clean as the exterior. I guess people just like to throw money at a vehicle to make it look bad ass and never use it as it in intended.
I think we can all agree that customizing a Jeep is fun. And people are allowed to have different tastes than me and can do whatever they want. But I do shake my head with the street jeeps that have steel bumpers, winches, and hi-lifts and are clearly never going to see a trail. That's just a lot of weight for no good reason.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
the Bronco sport I saw today leaves a lot to be desired.
It can’t be! This vehicle (according to forum members) is part of the smoking gun Bronco lineage and lineup that was designed to promote competition and steal precious sales from Jeep at exponentially alarming rates! Men with fiery pitchforks, mullets and lit cantinas were metaphorically supposed to raid at dawn and set fire to Jeep and the Wrangler sales with the captivating, forward thinking and all new and revolutionary Bronco sport and Bronco. This vehicle was supposed to be one of the holy grails!

Jeep Wrangler JL Saw a bronco sport in the wild today 1616817451483

Jeep Wrangler JL Saw a bronco sport in the wild today 1616817485071

:CWL:

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
@Notorious
Dealers can't keep the Sports on their lots they're selling so quickly from what I'm reading. Dealers are being told to sell their demo units to try and keep up with demand. It sold over 13,000 in Jan/Feb from what I'm finding. Offhand I don't know how that compares to typical Renegade/Compass sales, its competitors, so do whatever you want with those figures.

Your post is a little confusing, though, so apologies if I misread it. I think you're trying to make a witty joke, but I think your enthusiasm to detract overtook your writing skills.
Sponsored