Sponsored

Front bumper question dealing with sensors and safety groups.

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
I just traded in my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon as I have a 2021 4Xe Rubicon coming. The Gladiator had the front steel bumper and I feel like it had sensors on it. I had the normal and advanced safety groups on the Gladiator and the 4Xe will also have the normal and advanced safety groups. If I am wanting to upgrade the front bumper to the Rubicon steel, or any other steel bumper, do I need to find one with the holes for sensors? Are there front sensors with those safety groups? I am not sure where the sensors are for forward collision warning and adaptive cruise control. I know the back bumper has sensors for the backup sensor. Just want to make sure I do not purchase an after market bumper and lose the features that I just added.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I just traded in my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon as I have a 2021 4Xe Rubicon coming. The Gladiator had the front steel bumper and I feel like it had sensors on it. I had the normal and advanced safety groups on the Gladiator and the 4Xe will also have the normal and advanced safety groups. If I am wanting to upgrade the front bumper to the Rubicon steel, or any other steel bumper, do I need to find one with the holes for sensors? Are there front sensors with those safety groups? I am not sure where the sensors are for forward collision warning and adaptive cruise control. I know the back bumper has sensors for the backup sensor. Just want to make sure I do not purchase an after market bumper and lose the features that I just added.
It's not in the bumper, but in that giant box in front of the rear-view mirror.

Also, there are no front parking sensors like you have in the rear.

OP
OP
AmarilloJLU

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
It's not in the bumper, but in the rear-view mirror.
That is great to know, what threw me off was the knock off Rubicon Steel bumper on ebay. It has holes for sensors and when I just searched the OEM steel bumper it does not. Thanks

Steel bumper.jpg

Reseg

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Like Jerry said, my Rubi has the advanced safety and I swapped the OEM plastic front bumper with the upgraded Mopar Steel bumper while seeing there were no sensors. The rear bumper DOES have sensors, though. I'm not sure if non-US versions have sensors in the front bumper, but none in the US do, that I'm aware of.

Jeep Wrangler JL Front bumper question dealing with sensors and safety groups. IMG_3573

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
That is great to know, what threw me off was the knock off Rubicon Steel bumper on ebay. It has holes for sensors and when I just searched the OEM steel bumper it does not. Thanks

Steel bumper.jpg
Those ebay bumpers are for over-sea export market, they have front parking sensors.

If you buy those, you'll have to find a way to cover up the holes. Christmas tree clips work well.
Sponsored