2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
My 2018 never updated OTA with the last update. I downloaded that update to a USB drive and did it myself. I also haven't gotten notification OTA for this more recent update. I just checked the driveconnect website and it shows the update available. So I guess I'll download it to a USB again and update my JLU this weekend. I've never had issues with my 8.4" radio and worry one day, one of these updates are gonna cause an issue.

Jeep Wrangler JL Software update 1616773465526

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
The website is working now. It tells me that my 2019 is up to date.
That site is useless. My 2018 updated itself last month. It also updated itself in the summer of 2018. The site says there is an update available for me... I went through the hassle of setting up a USB drive only to discover it is TWO releases old. 🤦‍♂️

I saw another thread started by guys who swapped 7” for 8.4” and they said https://www.infotainment.com/ have the updates available.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Wondered the same thing. I can't tell anything that's different.
I scheduled it and ours came up with two buttons onscreen the next morning. What’s new & ok
Of course I clicked “what’s new”

Another window opens and I’m thinking it will have release notes or some level of detail but it only has something along the lines of:
“important updates”
... you don’t say? ...

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I scheduled it and ours came up with two buttons onscreen the next morning. What’s new & ok
Of course I clicked “what’s new”

Another window opens and I’m thinking it will have release notes or some level of detail but it only has something along the lines of:
“important updates”
... you don’t say? ...
Same thing happened to me.

Sponsored

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
That site is useless. My 2018 updated itself last month. It also updated itself in the summer of 2018. The site says there is an update available for me... I went through the hassle of setting up a USB drive only to discover it is TWO releases old. 🤦‍♂️

I saw another thread started by guys who swapped 7” for 8.4” and they said https://www.infotainment.com/ have the updates available.
Grant it this is my third radio. They installed this one on Friday November 13, 2020 Under warranty. So the software may have been the latest as of that date. Did take them 2 days to get the new one working though. Friday the 13th? :LOL:

Vahdettin

First Name
Vahdettin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
When checking by VIN, I actually have gotten different results with different browsers. Firefox said I have no update, Safari says I do. I'm assuming it's because I have strong ad blocking on Firefox but that seems like a really poor design if it's tripped up that easy.
Sponsored