Sponsored

So, When are the First 392's Arriving?? Also, who has one???

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
Had an interesting conversation With Jeep Chat. So I just went D1 this Monday 3/15. She said they haven't started the build yet but finished gathering parts. I asked how long does it take to build? She said 7-9 weeks, so based on my calculations that puts me at mid-June for my delivery.

Here's the interesting part, my estimated ship date was 4/27 and that was updated yesterday. Obviously it's subject to change but it is just looking consistent with everyone else's ship date.

JDM23

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Dodge Ram
I’ve been D1 since 3/8.. ship date of 4/1 yet when I talk with Jeep chat all they say is all materials are gathered and should enter the build process soon.. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I placed my order on 11/23/20

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
You know what would make me feel a little better for not having a VIN? If there were a forum member in Toledo, OH with a drone that could do a flyover of the 392 parking lot to show us how many homeless 392's are sitting around collecting UV/snow/rain. Anyone? ;)

dzoph

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, 2018 jl, 2014 jku, 2012 jku, 2010 jku, 2008 jku, 1990 yj
My 392 has been finished for more than 10 days. It’s sitting in containment. Heard yesterday the plan as of now is to release all that are completed on 4/1.

Sponsored

Kuczy

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 JKUR. ‘17 JKUR Recon
Dealership called. We are in paint with a shipping date 3/28. I know it isn’t going to be here then but good news!!

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
You know what would make me feel a little better for not having a VIN? If there were a forum member in Toledo, OH with a drone that could do a flyover of the 392 parking lot to show us how many homeless 392's are sitting around collecting UV/snow/rain. Anyone? ;)
Drones are portable. Just take a trip to the factory in Ohio, park on some back road, make a quick flyover, retrieve the evidence, and run. Oh, make sure you post what you have. Anonymously. 😇

Laserflorida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 moab
Got this today via email from jeep

This is a courtesy email update regarding your all-new Jeep Wrangler 392 factory order status!

Good news - I show your order has concluded factory production and has progressed into the shipping phases en-route to your ordering dealership. Given the early stages of shipping, an estimated delivery window is not yet available to share.

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
Got this today via email from jeep

This is a courtesy email update regarding your all-new Jeep Wrangler 392 factory order status!

Good news - I show your order has concluded factory production and has progressed into the shipping phases en-route to your ordering dealership. Given the early stages of shipping, an estimated delivery window is not yet available to share.

Thank you for that. It just prompted me to hit up Jeep Chat about my rig.

So last week it JUST entered D1, Monday 3/15. I asked how long does it generally take to build and she said 8-10 weeks. FML that puts me mid-summer. Well I asked today, 10-days later and the FUCKING RIG IS FULLY BUILT! Talk about a lemon waiting to happen, but what the hell, I'll take it. It was always set to ship out April 27th so we'll see what actually happens.

JDM23

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Dodge Ram

So last week it JUST entered D1, Monday 3/15. I asked how long does it generally take to build and she said 8-10 weeks. FML that puts me mid-summer. Well I asked today, 10-days later and the FUCKING RIG IS FULLY BUILT! Talk about a lemon waiting to happen, but what the hell, I'll take it. It was always set to ship out April 27th so we'll see what actually happens.
That’s awesome for you. Bummer for me. I’ve been in D1 since March 8th... all parts are gathered... yet still no progress. 😠🤦‍♂️😩

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red

Why would this be a "Lemon Waiting to happen"??

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
Why would this be a "Lemon Waiting to happen"??

Somewhat joking but if they say it usually takes 8-10 weeks to build from scratch and they finished it in 10-days there's the possibility that rushing through it to meet the deadline could have implications on the final product.

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
That’s awesome for you. Bummer for me. I’ve been in D1 since March 8th... all parts are gathered... yet still no progress. 😠🤦‍♂️😩

Don't be surprised if all of a sudden its done. There's part of me that thinks I was in D1 before they listed it since the build got done so fast. There's their letter status and there's the real status.

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
Found them all…