Sponsored

So what are the hidden options you get when you upgrade? I.e. Infotainment gets better windshield...

crazyone77

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
So just what the title says,

My jeep will be here this week, got a Rubicon with painted hard top, remote start, led and infotainment.

So there seems to be a few hidden or non documented upgrades you get with some options. Just curious what else there is?
As I mentioned the infotainment gets different windshield and active noise cancelling. Rubicon get taller fenders to fit 35s, heavier shocks/springs.

May not be true, but saw a few posts mentioning Rubi get upgraded brake parts? (I don't think its true)

And GO
Sponsored

Sponsored

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
So just what the title says,

My jeep will be here this week, got a Rubicon with painted hard top, remote start, led and infotainment.

So there seems to be a few hidden or non documented upgrades you get with some options. Just curious what else there is?
As I mentioned the infotainment gets different windshield and active noise cancelling. Rubicon get taller fenders to fit 35s, heavier shocks/springs.

May not be true, but saw a few posts mentioning Rubi get upgraded brake parts? (I don't think its true)

And GO
The “differences” between models and packages aren’t hidden but you do have to look for them.

For instance both the Sahara and the Rubicon come with “the heavy duty brakes” the Sport and Sport S do not. That information is available when looking at “standard equipment” on Jeep.com

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Sport (S), Sahara, and Rubicon all come standard with different suspensions.

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Rubicon comes standard with the “high Fender Flares” but they are also available to order from Jeep Performance Parts.

RubiRed

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR, Odyssey, S2000, 911
Vehicle Showcase
Rubicon gets the vented hood, red tow hooks, as well as black trim accents in the seven slot grille/plastic bumper. Sahara has trim accents too but it's silver.

I believe for the base Sport if you decide to go with 4-door they come standard with power windows.

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

crazyone77

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Yeah I forgot to mention the crack hider, and fold down center for cup holder on leather, vs no fold down, no hider, and the cup holders are on now hte rear console vs in the seat.

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know about that, Quadratec lists the big brake kit that comes on that Rubicon as fitting on the Sport & Sahara which leads me to believe it's not on the Saharas. Could be wrong;

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/big-brake-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl

I think this is the Rubicons kit, at least.
Here is the “summary” for the Sahara in “standard equipment”:
AC70A6B9-F122-43F9-95AB-3FC80695A753.png

Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc HD Brakes (HD stands for Heavy Duty)

Here is the Rubicon:
C3B5CD92-803D-475D-83B6-40CBC4C7B919.png

Same Heavy Duty Brakes!!!

Here is the Sport S:
1787E5E6-23B4-4469-A486-B68B86EC92F5.png

Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes. No Heavy Duty Brakes!!!

All you have to do is look at “standard features”