Sponsored

Has anyone seen Half Doors in real photos / in person?

Snazzberry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for '21 JLUR, 1974 Vette
Those of you that ordered half doors; were you able to get the dual door group with dual top group? My dealer is telling me it’s not possible...

I asked the same question in another thread before I found this one.
I didn’t verify with my dealer but I thought I read somewhere that the soft top plus half doors won’t fit in the Jeep when shipping so you can’t order both.

Also, when I ordered the dual door group with mine (last week) I could only order the half doors with premium uppers, not base uppers. Just in case you were going to order the base uppers, you may have to spring for the premiums.
Sponsored

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
I didn’t verify with my dealer but I thought I read somewhere that the soft top plus half doors won’t fit in the Jeep when shipping so you can’t order both.

Also, when I ordered the dual door group with mine (last week) I could only order the half doors with premium uppers, not base uppers. Just in case you were going to order the base uppers, you may have to spring for the premiums.
Them not fitting is kinda what I was guessing as well. I read somewhere that they pack the half doors into the rear of the Jeep. I was just trying to confirm this was the reason. I might have to forgo the soft top and add it later. I had thought about the base uppers, but chose the premium.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Can we see what the soft half looks like fully installed? I think we all agree that the bottom half by itself looks sharp, but more concerned about the fit and function of the whole assembly, especially in rain, snow, high winds, highway speeds, etc.
Here you go. Drove a short distance at 60-65 in pretty windy conditions. You can definitely hear more tire noise from passing vehicles and there was some suck out from wind gusts. I would expect some rain to get in if driven in a sever storm.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone seen Half Doors in real photos / in person? IMG_3142.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone seen Half Doors in real photos / in person? IMG_3143.JPG

Also, the divider doesn't obstruct your view out the rear view mirror. This is almost exactly what I see from the drivers seat. Passenger side mirror is fine too.
Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone seen Half Doors in real photos / in person? IMG_3144.JPG

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Them not fitting is kinda what I was guessing as well. I read somewhere that they pack the half doors into the rear of the Jeep. I was just trying to confirm this was the reason. I might have to forgo the soft top and add it later. I had thought about the base uppers, but chose the premium.
I can verify that at least on a 2-door there is zero available room with the seat folder up and half doors in the back. I had to remove the bag for the freedom top just to have enough room to take a test drive!

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm liking how that looks with the trektop.

Sponsored

OP
OP
pnut

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
I have seen 3 real life photos of half doors so far, all in Sting Gray. None of them have matched the body at least in photos. Kind of disappointing.

Last edited:

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Here you go. Drove a short distance at 60-65 in pretty windy conditions. You can definitely hear more tire noise from passing vehicles and there was some suck out from wind gusts. I would expect some rain to get in if driven in a sever storm.

Jeep Wrangler JL Has anyone seen Half Doors in real photos / in person? IMG_3144.JPG

Also, the divider doesn't obstruct your view out the rear view mirror. This is almost exactly what I see from the drivers seat. Passenger side mirror is fine too.
Thanks for the pics! This is the first I've seen from an actual owner in our forum. Looks great...enjoy.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
While I "see" the paint issue I also know I can ignore it.

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Looks great, but manual locks and mirrors would make them even better.
Lighter and no harness to play with.

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
I cannot wait to get my hands on some. Looks awesome!

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
here's a question that i'm sure someone can answer. If i have a 2018 JLU base sport (manual windows, mirrors and locks) can i get a set of half doors without the power mirrors and locks?

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Just wondering, how tall are you? I am 6 foot tall and wonder if this would obstruct my view of the mirror with the seat all the way back.

It baffles me why they did this. I don’t see a reason. Blocks visibility so much.
Sponsored