High tuck exhaust for 2021 JLU Willys?

K9-01

First Name
Chantelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Am I missing something or does NO ONE make a high tuck off road exhaust for the 2021 JLU 3.6L Willys?!?

I recently purchased the Borla Climber 140828 high tuck and what I found out, after taking off the OEM exhaust, is it won’t fit and is too big. Super frustrating considering their website says it will fit “2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with 3.6L engine” so my assumption was it fits my Willys.

Every website I look at has options for Sport, Sport S, Rubicon, and Sahara. Someone help me out here because I refuse to put the OEM exhaust back on after it took me forever to take off!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the fitment issue! Does your JLU 3.6L Willys have the eTorque Mild Hybrid System and/or the 2.72:1 Selec-Trac® Full-Time 4WD System? If so, unfortunately, our Climber systems will not fit JLUs with those options. We do state that in our description, but we apologize for the confusion and trouble of removing your stock exhaust.

At this time, we don't have an exhaust system for 3.6L JLUs with eTorque or Full Time 4WD. Sorry about that!

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the fitment issue! Does your JLU 3.6L Willys have the eTorque Mild Hybrid System and/or the 2.72:1 Selec-Trac® Full-Time 4WD System? If so, unfortunately, our Climber systems will not fit JLUs with those options. We do state that in our description, but we apologize for the confusion and trouble of removing your stock exhaust.

At this time, we don't have an exhaust system for 3.6L JLUs with eTorque or Full Time 4WD. Sorry about that!
So to clarify this will fit a 2021 rubicon unlimited w/o those options correct

OP
OP
K9-01

K9-01

First Name
Chantelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys

Hi Ian,

It doesn’t have either one of those. I think I finally figured it out, I just had to move some metal covers out of the way in hopes they go back. I’m currently stuck on putting the two pieces together, but have someone coming over who can help me out.

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
Hi Ian,

It doesn’t have either one of those. I think I finally figured it out, I just had to move some metal covers out of the way in hopes they go back. I’m currently stuck on putting the two pieces together, but have someone coming over who can help me out.
That's very interesting, I will definitely pass this information along to our R&D and Customer Service team. Thank you for your feedback. Please don't hesitate to contact us, you can give us a call at 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm PST).

Sponsored

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
So to clarify this will fit a 2021 rubicon unlimited w/o those options correct
Correct. 140828 will fit a 2021 JLU Rubicon 3.6L V6 WITHOUT the eTorque Mild Hybrid and Full Time 4WD so it would only fit 2021s with the manual transmission. To my knowledge, the automatic transmission and Full Time 4WD option is only available with the 3.6L eTorque engine.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
This is exactly what I want eventually for my Rubicon. Borla Touring Climber Hi-Tuck. I have a 6MT 3.6 on order. So it will fit?

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
This is exactly what I want eventually for my Rubicon. Borla Touring Climber Hi-Tuck. I have a 6MT 3.6 on order. So it will fit?
Yes, it will fit with the 2021 manual transmission 4-Door Wranglers as the manuals do not have the 3.6L with eTorque or Full Time 4WD.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I have the Borla Touring Climber on my '19 3.6/Auto and it is awesome. Yeah, sometimes bolt-on items aren't always easy peasy. Good luck OP.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

or you could just do Dynomax muffler delete and save a buncha money for your car insurance.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
or you could just do Dynomax muffler delete and save a buncha money for your car insurance.
And have a much louder exhaust which if someone is buying the Touring version of Climber, isn't interested in to begin with. Good luck with your insurance.

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
Any forum discounts?
Unfortunately, not. Sorry! However, we do recommend ordering online from one of our dealers. They will be about 10% off of MSRP and typically include free shipping in the U.S.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Still waiting on a Borla catback exhaust for 3.6 etorque...
@Ian@Borla
Sponsored