Sponsored

Anyone have buyer's remorse for ordering the 3.6 instead of the 2.0 Turbo.

Hydro

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 19 ZL1 1LE, 16 cherokee trail hawk.
After having a vehicle that the turbo went out in after 7 years ownership and final payment was made I will not own another. It became a real PITA. And very sluggish couldn't even climb curbs at the mall. When I sought my JLUR out I found an 2018 with the V6. Don't want to deal with turbo issues again.
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
To quote the user manual:

"This engine is designed to meet all emission regulations, and provide satisfactory fuel economy and performance when using high-quality unleaded “Regular” gasoline having a posted octane number of 87 [...] For optimal performance the use of 91 or higher octane “Premium” gasoline is recommended in these engines."

Can absolute run regular octance fuel.
My review of a 2019 2.0T Sahara after the Houston to Wyoming and back road trip running 85/87 octane the whole way. This trip convinced me to buy my Jeep and exposed me to multiple windshield cracks (the sign of things to come albeit unknown to me at the time):

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/anyone-have-2-0-turbo-regret.17142/post-773758

Rumplemenz

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 1986 Ford Mustang Notchback
I went back and forth on engine type. I felt performance on paper was about the same but the feel was different than I am used to. I will miss the extra gas mileage of the 2.0, but not the windup hard working sound of the Turbo.
Ummm yep... i built it than leased it. Why in the world would i add $1500 to price tag for pretty much no reason? Its called owning a wrangler for the 1st time and leasing a vehicle for the 1st time :)

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Ummm yep... i built it than leased it. Why in the world would i add $1500 to price tag for pretty much no reason? Its called owning a wrangler for the 1st time and leasing a vehicle for the 1st time :)
I agree, if you don't plan to buy at the end of the lease there is no reason to care if the 2.0T does not last long term.

Barely Krawlified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have a stock 2019 JLUR with the 3.6/8A and no e-torque that I bought off the lot approximately 15 months ago.

I’m about to cross 15K miles in it and have been running mainly 91 octane Chevron or Shell (I only use “Top Tier” name brand gasoline if I can in anyway help it) since day 1. Also, I have diligently and religiously changed the oil in it every 2,000 miles or 2 months (whichever comes first) using a name brand oil that meets the MS-6395 standard as well as MO-349 Mopar filters.

Right before every oil change I add a bottle of Chevron Techron Concentrate or Gumout All in One fuel sytem trearment/cleaner and run the tank down to nearly empty before changing the oil and filter.

My 3.6 purrs like a kitten with no knock whatsoever. It is a true pleasure to drive and has plenty of giddy-up when I put my foot in it. It pulls pretty hard going up them hills and the engine braking when coming down ‘em works extremely well which means I’m barely touching my brakes.

I test drove a couple of 2.0T and it was fun/peppy but for my personal tastes I am so glad I got a non e-anything NA 3.6 Pentastar with 8A tranny and the 4.10 gears that come with the Rubi.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I have a stock 2019 JLUR with the 3.6/8A and no e-torque that I bought off the lot approximately 15 months ago.

I’m about to cross 15K miles in it and have been running mainly 91 octane Chevron or Shell (I only use “Top Tier” name brand gasoline if I can in anyway help it) since day 1. Also, I have diligently and religiously changed the oil in it every 2,000 miles or 2 months (whichever comes first) using a name brand oil that meets the MS-6395 standard as well as MO-349 Mopar filters.

Right before every oil change I add a bottle of Chevron Techron Concentrate or Gumout All in One fuel sytem trearment/cleaner and run the tank down to nearly empty before changing the oil and filter.

My 3.6 purrs like a kitten with no knock whatsoever. It is a true pleasure to drive and has plenty of giddy-up when I put my foot in it. It pulls pretty hard going up them hills and the engine braking when coming down ‘em works extremely well which means I’m barely touching my brakes.

I test drove a couple of 2.0T and it was fun/peppy but for my personal tastes I am so glad I got a non e-anything NA 3.6 Pentastar with 8A tranny and the 4.10 gears that come with the Rubi.
At 15K miles if you were on your second oil change it should still purr like a kitten. Update us at 150K miles.

Reactions: NBB

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 w/ 3.0
With all this octane talk, I do put 93 in my 3.6. The 87 stuff here in Texas (even from Exxon or Shell) would make the engine sound like a beater.

Sucks with gas price going up and about $0.70 more a gallon. But no engine knock is mucho bueno.

2021Nacho

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu Rubicon, 2015 Jk sport
Occupation
Semi-retired
Employee price give about 10% off of MSRP. Without that discount I may not have purchased a jeep. Or got a much more stripped down version.
Yeah, I had a friends and family deal....

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Why on Earth are you changing your oil so often?? 6,000 miles is still a bit early but at least it's reasonable. This isn't Dino oil after all, and that's good for at least 4k :)

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Why in the world would i add $1500 to price tag for pretty much no reason?
Much better NVH levels is a pretty big reason. For me, it's quite literally the difference between loving and hating a vehicle. Our Wrangler has the 3.6l, but previously we had a Cherokee with the 2.0l turbo and I HATED it. Could not wait to get rid of that thing and it was 100% because of that stupid engine. That's why when it came time to replace the Cherokee, I said if we can't get a Jeep with the 3.6l, we aren't getting a Jeep.

Rumplemenz

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 1986 Ford Mustang Notchback
Much better NVH levels is a pretty big reason. For me, it's quite literally the difference between loving and hating a vehicle. Our Wrangler has the 3.6l, but previously we had a Cherokee with the 2.0l turbo and I HATED it. Could not wait to get rid of that thing and it was 100% because of that stupid engine. That's why when it came time to replace the Cherokee, I said if we can't get a Jeep with the 3.6l, we aren't getting a Jeep.
Interesting pt for sure. If i purchased it im totally with u. But just renting for 3 yrs not sure the $20 monthly increase is worth it. Maybe it is. I’ll go with ur opinion to make myself feel btr! Thx dude

JeeperKeeper

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy’s Unlimited
I regret buying my 2.0t Willys jeep knocking at 250 miles with 93 octane, squirrelly steering on the highway which wasn’t there on the lot , glitchy center console and finally door hing bubbling on 5 hinges at 4 months and 259 miles I dumped the piece of shit for a reliable 4Runner no new vehicle should have these major issues fiat fucking sucks. Oh yeah average mpg 12 with a light foot and highway miles mine was a lemon I will never buy another FCA product. My first and last.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I regret buying my 2.0t Willys jeep knocking at 250 miles with 93 octane, squirrelly steering on the highway which wasn’t there on the lot , glitchy center console and finally door hing bubbling on 5 hinges at 4 months and 259 miles I dumped the piece of shit for a reliable 4Runner no new vehicle should have these major issues fiat fucking sucks. Oh yeah average mpg 12 with a light foot and highway miles mine was a lemon I will never buy another FCA product. My first and last.
What an ironic username.
Sponsored