First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
High School Athletic Director/ Track Timer
So yesterday I did a tire rotation (Well that was harder than I thought. Trying to put wheels on the studs was not easy!) and while the tire was off I put it on a scale. The Ridge Grapplers (35x12.5R18 with Fuel Assault rims weighed in at 115.8 pounds!! I think I am going to move up to 37s and sell the current setup to offset the cost of new rims and tires (going to 17" rims rather than 18" that came with it).
It looks like KO2s at 37" are even lighter than Ridge Grapplers at 35" . Am I looking at that wrong?
Sponsored

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
So yesterday I did a tire rotation (Well that was harder than I thought. Trying to put wheels on the studs was not easy!) and while the tire was off I put it on a scale. The Ridge Grapplers (35x12.5R18 with Fuel Assault rims weighed in at 115.8 pounds!! I think I am going to move up to 37s and sell the current setup to offset the cost of new rims and tires (going to 17" rims rather than 18" that came with it).
It looks like KO2s at 37" are even lighter than Ridge Grapplers at 35" . Am I looking at that wrong?
Based on America's Tire, I do see the weight difference of 3 pounds lighter for the KO2 37s.

Try using a long pry bar to lift the tires onto the studs next time.
https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-...bars/4-piece-heavy-duty-pry-bar-set-1654.html

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
nope you are correct, I did a mass calculationg and the equivelent mass of the heavy 35 is higher than the light 37.. So as soon as the C ply Ko2 37s come out in may-July.. i am going to switch out for them.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Based on America's Tire, I do see the weight difference of 3 pounds lighter for the KO2 37s.
america's tires weights are wrong.. if you go to the manufacturer site.. the spec weight is like 6lbs difference

Sponsored

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

That list has some tires ive never heard of yet its missing one of the most common tires out there, Patagonias

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Nitto Ridge Grapplers are 74.11 lbs for 35x12.5x18

BFGoodrich KO2 has no spec details on their website containing the 37x12.5x17 weight
K02s are 69.49lbs each.

Honestly I wouldn’t consider weight as a factor nearly as much as I look at the tire’s performance. For me, the on road rain and snow performance are incredibly important, as is the off road performance. Fortunately, the K02s are pretty good at this. The Falkens are better but they are also significantly heavier. From everything I’ve seen/read, Patagonias aren’t nearly as good as K02s or Falkens when it comes to on road performance (they superior offroad) so keep that in mind when considering it.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Dick Cepek Extreme Country are 69 lbs. I went with the 35s though at a supposed 63.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

K02s are 69.49lbs each.

Honestly I wouldn’t consider weight as a factor nearly as much as I look at the tire’s performance. For me, the on road rain and snow performance are incredibly important, as is the off road performance. Fortunately, the K02s are pretty good at this. The Falkens are better but they are also significantly heavier. From everything I’ve seen/read, Patagonias aren’t nearly as good as K02s or Falkens when it comes to on road performance (they superior offroad) so keep that in mind when considering it.
ive had zero issues with the Pats in dry or rainy weather and also took the jeep up to the mountains an drove in some snow. im sure KO2s are slightly better for each of those things but i think Pats do better on rocks due to their tread pattern. ive also seen a bran new KO2 get sidewall puncture in rocks. and not crazy rocks. they are a great tire though. ive only seen one person run them in 37" before. Milestar also has an A/T version of the Patagonia as well, although id go with KO2s at that point.

https://www.milestartires.com/light-trucks/patagonia-at-r/

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody have experience with the Mickey Thompson Deegan 38s?
I currently have the Mickey ATZp3 and love them in the 35s but I want to go 37 next and it will cost me alot in weight. It goes from 65lbs to 85lbs for the ATZs.

I really would like to stay with MickeyT's and the Deegan 38 in a 37inch are only 73lbs.
Thanks!

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
I have the Deegan in a smaller size(roughly 34's) on my wife's ram 2500 and we both love them.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Anybody have experience with the Mickey Thompson Deegan 38s?
I currently have the Mickey ATZp3 and love them in the 35s but I want to go 37 next and it will cost me alot in weight. It goes from 65lbs to 85lbs for the ATZs.

I really would like to stay with MickeyT's and the Deegan 38 in a 37inch are only 73lbs.
Thanks!
Might hang on a month if you can and see what the specs are for the new MT Baja Boss ATs, hopefully weight will be reduced from the ATZs.