Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think the thin contour you mentioned is just the black fender liner showing underneath, they painted the entire fender including the black plastic trim.

They missed a few spots though, I can still find a few black plastic pieces they can paint over! Like the hood latches and blind spot monitor cover!

I mean, if you are going full retard, don't stop at 99% retard!
FCA is saving the painted door handles for a new trim called Stratospheric Altitude :LOL:

As the saying goes, a picture is words a thousand words. This is what High Altitude (above) vs Sahara (below) fenders look like:
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door vs. 4 door sales 1616442443027

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door vs. 4 door sales 1616442023420
Sponsored

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I could see 2 doors and 4 doors sharing the same wheelbase, which would be okay with me. Doubt that’ll happen though.

2 doors are far more common here in Texas. I see them everyday. Most dealers stock them. They seem to sell quick. I bought my Willys from dealer stock, but I searched dealers online within 200 miles (340 km) to find it.
In Western PA....it was far easier to find a two door Rubicon. I moved here to the Dallas Tx area and you couldn't find them anywhere in the Metroplex. I ended up ordering one from a local dealer....I'm expecting it soon.....but man..I saw one Willy's two door for sale near here and that was it.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
FCA is saving the painted door handles for a new trim called Stratospheric Altitude :LOL:

As the saying goes, a picture is words a thousand words. This is what High Altitude (above) vs Sahara (below) fenders look like:
1616442443027.png

1616442023420.png
Ah. that picture gives a better view, I guess there is a 4th variation of the fender then!

For the Stratospheric Altitude, I suggest painting the inner fender liner body color as well.

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I'm in Arizona NW of Phoenix, the 2 door ratio is even lower. More like 5%, we generally dont even stock them here. I had one customer that did an order and got the manual 2 door rubicon, thats the only one I sold last year

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
In Western PA....it was far easier to find a two door Rubicon. I moved here to the Dallas Tx area and you couldn't find them anywhere in the Metroplex. I ended up ordering one from a local dealer....I'm expecting it soon.....but man..I saw one Willy's two door for sale near here and that was it.
I'm in Dallas as well (originally from Central PA, small world). When I arrived at the third dealer who didn't have a single 2dr JL on the lot (this was 2 years ago), I asked "Why are there no 2 doors?" The response was "Because nobody buys them." I finally found mine in DeQueen, Arkansas (almost 200 miles away).

Regarding 2 doors on a 4 door wheelbase- that would completely kill the reason I LIKE the 2 door (other than the fact that it- IMO- looks better)... the short wheelbase! I wouldn't go so far to say 4 door JLs aren't Jeeps, but I do tend to refer to them as "StationWranglers." I rent a lot of 4 doors, and they feel very similar to driving a Suburban. If you want a 4WD with a long wheelbase, there are tons of options out there (including virtually every full size pickup brand). If you want a capable short-based 4WD, that's a niche Jeep used to own with the 2dr Wrangler (with perhaps the Toyota Tacoma in there and now the Ford Bronco 2dr).

Sponsored

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
Here in the Atlanta GA area, it is pretty easy to find a 2 door Sport (or Sport S) and sometimes a 2 door Rubicon at the dealer. You won't have alot of color/option choices, but they is usually one and sometimes two 2 doors on the lot. I myself have a Willys 2 door on order now.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I'm in Dallas as well (originally from Central PA, small world). When I arrived at the third dealer who didn't have a single 2dr JL on the lot (this was 2 years ago), I asked "Why are there no 2 doors?" The response was "Because nobody buys them." I finally found mine in DeQueen, Arkansas (almost 200 miles away).

Regarding 2 doors on a 4 door wheelbase- that would completely kill the reason I LIKE the 2 door (other than the fact that it- IMO- looks better)... the short wheelbase! I wouldn't go so far to say 4 door JLs aren't Jeeps, but I do tend to refer to them as "StationWranglers." I rent a lot of 4 doors, and they feel very similar to driving a Suburban. If you want a 4WD with a long wheelbase, there are tons of options out there (including virtually every full size pickup brand). If you want a capable short-based 4WD, that's a niche Jeep used to own with the 2dr Wrangler (with perhaps the Toyota Tacoma in there and now the Ford Bronco 2dr).
I totally agree. I owned one 4d Rubicon JK, It was nice , but to me didnt have the same "Feel" as my two doors before it. I wanted short wheelbase and nimble. The JL is for me as we have other "people haulers" if we need them, so it was only going to be a two door. I guess more folks want the extra room and utility of a 4 door down here. Bottom line ...it gotta make sense for the buyer.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
We own and will continue to own both 2 and 4 door models as long as we can.

At some point I will want to upgrade my 2 door Sport to a Rubicon, but that is going to be awhile.

Rpk99

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65th Anniversary Wrangler
I had to order my 2 door. Dealers in my area won't stock them.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Here in the Atlanta GA area, it is pretty easy to find a 2 door Sport (or Sport S) and sometimes a 2 door Rubicon at the dealer. You won't have alot of color/option choices, but they is usually one and sometimes two 2 doors on the lot. I myself have a Willys 2 door on order now.

I had this problem when I bought mine. While there were a few two doors on several lots, only 2 were available within 150 miles of me that had my must have options. Both were Sport S in granite crystal, one was in Cumming and the other Augusta. Next time I am going to just order one exactly how I want it.

Sponsored

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
Yea no that is a silly idea. There are still a bunch of us who want a short wheel base Wrangler. If you want a long wheel base just get a 4 door. Not to mention 106 inches is only 9 inches more than the 2 door and 9 inches shorter than the unlimited anyway....
The TJ Unlimited was hugely popular. The 2-door JL sells 1/10 the units of the 4-door. I bet if the 2-door JL were more like a TJ Unlimited in length, it’d make it a much tougher choice for many.
A 106 wheelbase would make it only 2 inches longer than the TJU and a full foot shorter than the 118 inch wheelbase of the 4-door.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Indeed. LJ is now one of the most valuable and desirable of the older Wranglers.

But it could get very expensive when new. In 2005 a fully equipped LJ Rubicon topped $40,000, which was an insane amount of money; more so for a humble Jeep Wrangler.

Here is a short video on LJ's desirability and collectibility.

Rumplemenz

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 1986 Ford Mustang Notchback
I bought my 2018 2 door used only a few months ago. I had spent months looking for a new one with desired specs but they never seemed to be available. When I spoke to a few salespeople at different dealerships, they all pretty much said that they sell “at least 10” 4 door for every 2 door and that owners only wanted to stock fully loaded 2 door Rubicons.

I am in Calgary. A search for local Wranglers shows 11 x 2-door and 199 x 4-door model in dealer inventories.

Questions:
1) How does this compare to other areas?
2) Did any other non-Rubicon 2 door owners also struggle to find their Jeep?
3) Stellantis is not bound to any tradition beyond paying shareholders, but it is extremely hard to imagine 2 door versions being on the chopping block, due to the outcry. So, if the percentage of 2 door sales does decline further, what happens in the future?
When 4 door came out i was like “ wtf is that so weird”
Now when i see a 2 door it just imo doesnt seem right
Go figure
And where i am theres a ton more 4 doors

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
I had this problem when I bought mine. While there were a few two doors on several lots, only 2 were available within 150 miles of me that had my must have options. Both were Sport S in granite crystal, one was in Cumming and the other Augusta. Next time I am going to just order one exactly how I want it.
You both basically said what I was going to say. Two door models - while not as available as 4 door models - are available in ATL but it's hard to get exactly what you want.

I just got lucky and found exactly want I wanted.

McKenzie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR; 2016 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Education
You both basically said what I was going to say. Two door models - while not as available as 4 door models - are available in ATL but it's hard to get exactly what you want.

I just got lucky and found exactly want I wanted.
Ordering is the way to go. I got exactly what I wanted, and knew what I would pay months ahead of delivery (I wanted a Rubi, Manual, cloth seats, painted top, and standard wheels - not a rig you find at the dealer). I think the 2 door will live on though custom orders, and I think that will be enough. It’s a ‘halo’ vehicle- Chevy doesn’t have to make money on the corvette, it just needs it to make buyers fall in love with the brand
Sponsored