First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
I installed the Teraflex HD Adjustable Spare Tire Carrier and Rugged Ridge Window Visors on Saturday. Today I installed a Fishbone Mako Rear Bumper and Rugged Ridge License Plate Relocation kit. Everything installing pretty easily.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210320_174416

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210321_182530
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210320_135112

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
First doors-off day of the year felt good! Hung the doors in the shed on the new Arc Off-Road brackets I installed yesterday - they worked great. The cargo area supervisor inspected my work and then she immediately demanded a cruise and a hike. Couple more weeks and it’ll be time to swap to the soft top.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? D718CF67-50B7-4FC8-B407-76FF1FE72043

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B5A40F73-EB0C-4D3C-94F8-791E78E78C4D

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Couldn't find a bolt on part for the Sahara plastic bumper so threw together some scraps in the garage. Copied the plastic filler panel in some 1/8" plate and made a light bar and brackets that bolts to it. It all comes off without removing the bumper. Just took bumper off to fab brackets. Now to find some single side shooter floods.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? fillerplate2
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? filler plate
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? scribble

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Finally got a warm day to install my Synergy TR, DL, & Fox ATS SS. It’s a good day.
That looks awesome! What do you think of the Synergy setup? Can you notice a difference?

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couldn't find a bolt on part for the Sahara plastic bumper so threw together some scraps in the garage. Copied the plastic filler panel in some 1/8" plate and made a light bar and brackets that bolts to it. It all comes off without removing the bumper. Just took bumper off to fab brackets. Now to find some single side shooter floods.
Looks pretty damn professional for something you ‘threw together’! Nice work!

AZJim_JoAnn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2020 JL Sport S
Final got the hoist a top finished in the attic and got the hard top off. Still have some clean up and adjustments to do, but pretty happy with the way it turned out. This is the simple with he hand crank. Wishing I would have gone electric.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20210320_205758728
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20210321_003542982.MP~2

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Over the course of a few days but got my winch mounted in the plastic bumper.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 49CC740A-DB45-4755-8680-BC639822F15E
Looks good - I didn’t realize that setup was possible with the plastic bumper (have seen folks with the plastic bumper running plates that mount on top of the bumper or a front hitch receiver). Which plate did you use? Any challenges or suggestions with the install?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I put the finishing touches on Jeep prep for EJS in Moab, along with the other Jeeps in the group. Yesterday I washed it and waxed it with the new Turtle Wax 75th Anniversary Ceramic + Graphene Paste Wax. Today I began packing, starting with recovery gear and the refrigerator. I'd say I'm 90% packed. Now I just have to get my kids packed. This afternoon we gathered at my brother's house with all 6 Jeeps going on the trip. There are 3 JKU's, 1 JKR, 1 JTR, and my JLUR. We planned our trails for each day and then did some minor fine tuning of the Jeeps, including instaling a set of cube lights on the A-Pillar of one and changing oil/rotating tires on another. We then had a cookout and had some fun talking about the Jeeps and sharing stories as we look forward to the trip! We leave Friday at 4:30pm. Can't wait!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20210321_164017741

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20210321_201318579

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20210322_000334331

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20210322_000345255

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

Looks good - I didn’t realize that setup was possible with the plastic bumper (have seen folks with the plastic bumper running plates that mount on top of the bumper or a front hitch receiver). Which plate did you use? Any challenges or suggestions with the install?
I've seen the ones that mount on top and I don't like the idea of blocking the radiator, especially on the diesel. I also prefer the look of the winch recessed.
I found this post over a year ago. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/winch-mount-for-plastic-bumper.7605/
I decided to give it a shot. Post #31 on page 3 you can see the plate I made. I looked at a bunch of pictures online of the plates for the steel bumpers to get mounting ideas and honestly I don't see why any of those wouldn't work with the plastic bumper as long as you're willing to cut a ton out of the plastic.

I'm pretty happy with the result. Only problem is I want a stubby but I'm not sure I'm going to want to get rid of this with all the time I have into it.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Obligatory undo email notification post...