Turn signal out after wiring power steps

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Today I started the wiring the amp power steps according to the instructions. When I plugged the fuses into the wiring harness, the left rear turn signal went out, power door locks and entry lights don’t work when opening the doors. I am thinking it might be that the plug from the front passenger door into the harness did not clip in all the way. However, why would this affect the turn signal?

The instructions use posi-taps to splice into the vehicles corresponding wires up under the passenger side kickpanel. See the pics below.

I am planning on pulling all the wires back off tomorrow and stating over. Any ideas?

FB631186-CCD9-41D5-9557-085BAFDD09BA.png

EF7856A6-B6D3-4862-AC60-EA997A9B2F47.jpeg
Sponsored

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Retrace everything you did on the electrical connections and also verify that you spliced into the correct wires. Maybe unplug and plug back in any connections that were taken apart. I installed a set of AMP Research PowerSteps in our old JK and didn't have any problems, although I went slowly and double checked everything as I went along.

Make sure a fuse didn't blow and if it did you need to find the reason first before replacing the fuse or it will blow another one.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Retrace everything you did on the electrical connections and also verify that you spliced into the correct wires. Maybe unplug and plug back in any connections that were taken apart. I installed a set of AMP Research PowerSteps in our old JK and didn't have any problems, although I went slowly and double checked everything as I went along.

Make sure a fuse didn't blow and if it did you need to find the reason first before replacing the fuse or it will blow another one.
Thank you. I am planning on starting it this morning. I’m hoping it is just a simple fix. I will update when all is done, Or I run into any other issues. Wish they had the plug and play option

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR

It ended up being the “white plug” on the top. It must have been partially unseated. All works perfect now. Turn signal is back to normal. Thank you.
Sponsored