First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Anyone with this option have any tips, notes, comments?
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Mostly gimmick with water leak issues down the road.
I like my sunrider for hardtop better and keep 5000 dollars in my pocket to do whatever.

Last edited:

north53overland

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR (incoming), 2013 Fiat 500T
Ours still hasnā€™t arrived; however, here is some feedback from a friend of a friend who has had one since 2019 in Northern Alberta:

ā€œI do have the one touch roof on my Jeep. it's been great, I have used it extensively for the last 18 months, have had no issues with its function and it's been a lot of fun in the spring, summer months. Heat loss isn't an issue I have noticed the Jeep is still plenty warm enough even on the coldest trips and I have had no issues with leaking taking it though various carwashes or pressure washing it. The only downside is you do notice more road noise than I had in my previous Jeep that had a standard hardtop and when I put my Thule box that noise is substantial at highway speeds. ā€œ

ā€œAwesome! That sounds great. Beyond the road noise with the thule box that's my only complaint. The normal road noise while a little more than my previous Jeep is not bad doesn't bother meā€

Dscott326

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willyā€™s
Traded in a 2020 hardtop 3 weeks ago for a 2021 one touch and so far love the convenience. Iā€™ve had more open tops the past 3 weeks than the 2 years prior And temp has not been above 60 degrees.

OP
OP
Wbino

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Ours still hasnā€™t arrived; however, here is some feedback from a friend of a friend who has had one since 2019 in Northern Alberta:

ā€œI do have the one touch roof on my Jeep. it's been great, I have used it extensively for the last 18 months, have had no issues with its function and it's been a lot of fun in the spring, summer months. Heat loss isn't an issue I have noticed the Jeep is still plenty warm enough even on the coldest trips and I have had no issues with leaking taking it though various carwashes or pressure washing it. The only downside is you do notice more road noise than I had in my previous Jeep that had a standard hardtop and when I put my Thule box that noise is substantial at highway speeds. ā€œ

ā€œAwesome! That sounds great. Beyond the road noise with the thule box that's my only complaint. The normal road noise while a little more than my previous Jeep is not bad doesn't bother meā€
Alpine speakers w/subwoofer>sky roof noise šŸ˜Ž
I'll know soon enough....its not really my highway vehicle anyway.

Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Wife loves her's, and I get it, it's easy and quick as anything. I like it too, there is a little more road noise than with a hard top, but it's a jeep.

Her's has been outside for a few months, even during our 6" snow storm, no issues.

OP
OP
Wbino

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Traded in a 2020 hardtop 3 weeks ago for a 2021 one touch and so far love the convenience. Iā€™ve had more open tops the past 3 weeks than the 2 years prior And temp has not been above 60 degrees.
I imagine with the cold package you can drive around topless pretty much year round.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Did you order one? What else you get?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wbino

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Did you order one? What else you get?
This is my 57 year old retirement gift to myself.
I drove a bus in NYC for 32 years and still feel guilty buying something.
I have a little two seater that's a 1999 but this will now be my everyday retirement vehicle.

2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Granite Crystal
25N
3.6 etor
SKY Top
Anti spin
Full time 4wd
ASG
Trailer tow and HD electrical
Cold weather
Off road camera.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
This is my 57 year old retirement gift to myself.
I drove a bus in NYC for 32 years and still feel guilty buying something.
I have a little two seater that's a 1999 but this will now be my everyday retirement vehicle.

2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Granite Crystal
25N
3.6 etor
SKY Top
Anti spin
Full time 4wd
ASG
Trailer tow and HD electrical
Cold weather
Off road camera.
That is a nice gift. Wife and I bought a pair last year. The front camera comes in handy, and I can see where you will like FT4wd up there on the city roads and really mixed conditions in the winter.

We spent 8 years in buffalo, I doubt I would want my one touch out in that. But it would prob be fine.

FWIW, we went out playing in the snow, and both our jeeps were parked outside and covered, her's with the one touch thawed quicker....and that was in a period where it did not get above freezing for a couple hundred hrs, she had drove it the prior day and there was the ice sheet under the snow.

But yeah, you will use the shit outta the one touch. I like that when I look at the profile of the jeep it does not look like a soft top.

And easier to drive park than a bus.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I love my Sky One Touch, already had it open a few times this year. Unless itā€™s raining, itā€™s the first thing I do getting into the Jeep in the summer. I've had a couple of leaks at the front, and that was because of debris in the front seal - leaves, etc. Jeep stays warm in the winter, but Iā€™m getting the Hothead liner to help cut down noise. Passing rigs at highway speed can get loud.

Clean and condition it with Besttopsā€™ cleaner for premium soft tops. Donā€™t use a sponge like they suggest, but get a spray bottle. Spray on, wipe down with a soft rag.

Last edited:

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I had the sky top (twice) but swapped it out recently for a regular hard top as I need a roof rack for the rooftop tent. If you donā€™t have that need, itā€™s awesome as a convertible. Extremely convenient.

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
I have it and love it. Primary reason i traded my 2018 JLUR was to add the roof!
Sponsored