Sponsored

The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@CNDJeepLife

As I mentioned, I have to install a new one tomorrow... so, I'm refreshing my install knowledge as I provide info to you. 9-)

When you watch the video, pay real real close attention to the part where he inserts the ZClip into the slot on the front side of the arm and then he rotates it... This way you know which side to insert the ZClip into.

Remember logo on arm is in the rear.

A trick is to take a real strong piece of tape and place it over the ZClip once you get it in place... Tape needs to be real strong adhesion..
Sponsored

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
@CNDJeepLife

You might want to watch this particular Sunrider install video. Unlike many of the install videos out there, this one shows the current and correct way to do the install.

I noticed these instructions were different from most of the others. Thanks for confirming. I have a Twill one on order, and it should arrive tomorrow! Looking forward to it!!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed these instructions were different from most of the others. Thanks for confirming. I have a Twill one on order, and it should arrive tomorrow! Looking forward to it!!
@rubiRI77

Mine shipped (the latest purchase of one) from Bestop, in Colorado, yesterday too...

There are a bunch of old videos out there... all outdated and do not show the correct way, per new Bestop Instructions to assemble/install the Bestop Sunrider for JL.

After Bestop got an earful so to speak, from a few very early adopters/installers here on the forum, etc..(me too)..... telling them their instructions were crapola, well, they updated the instructions and the video reflects the new instructions.

By the way @Bestop , Customer Service is tops.... and they DO, stand behind their products!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rubiRI77
@CNDJeepLife

Wanted to let you two guys know the SR arrived this AM and I have already installed it.

Fit ended up real nice.... no puckering of the Twill... nice and tight... Looks great... and that was what I expected to see from this terrific @Bestop offering.

The friggin Z-Clips gave me friggin work out one more time.. I hate Z-Clips.

Anyway, do save the yellow bag that the SR ships in.. It fits the assembled SR, should you ever take the SR off and need a bag..

Important:

With you hand, DO check the metal frame areas that come in contact with the fabric.. On this SR, I found a sharp edge that the fabric was in contact with. I smoothed the edge slightly with a file and used a sharpie to blacken the tiny filed area.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! qr-code

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rubiRI77
@CNDJeepLife

Wanted to let you two guys know the SR arrived this AM and I have already installed it.

Fit ended up real nice.... no puckering of the Twill... nice and tight... Looks great... and that was what I expected to see from this terrific @Bestop offering.

The friggin Z-Clips gave me friggin work out one more time.. I hate Z-Clips.

Anyway, do save the yellow bag that the SR ships in.. It fits the assembled SR, should you ever take the SR off and need a bag..

Important:

With you hand, DO check the metal frame areas that come in contact with the fabric.. On this SR, I found a sharp edge that the fabric was in contact with. I smoothed the edge slightly with a file and used a sharpie to blacken the tiny filed area.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! qr-code
Awesome! thanks for the tips. I will definitely check the metal edges too. Thanks again, Mine is on the fedex truck out for delivery today!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rubiRI77

6:30pm and no word from you....
Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! crickets.JPG

My guess is you are in the garage having a pissy fit, cussing out the Z-Clips... like me earlier today..

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rubiRI77

6:30pm and no word from you....
Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! crickets.JPG

My guess is you are in the garage having a pissy fit, cussing out the Z-Clips... like me earlier today..
Haha no I wish. Just have no time for the install until the weekend at least. We lost power this afternoon, and was scrambling with generator, etc. ...Good times were had by all. Not.
Thanks again for the info. :like:

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
Do you guys think the Sunrider would work with a Jtops sunshade?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed today. As expected the Z clips are a bit of a pain, but not too bad. Overall a fairly easy install and Really impressed with the quality so far, and love how easy it is to operate. Hopefully it holds up in the long run.

DFE5E540-33AC-4557-9FDA-0E18A470454C.jpeg

F02962DB-1280-4092-9BBF-7F178F04FDD6.jpeg

80687007-D15B-48E8-AA4D-EDDDBA01991E.jpeg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Installed today. As expected the Z clips are a bit of a pain, but not too bad. Overall a fairly easy install and Really impressed with the quality so far, and love how easy it is to operate. Hopefully it holds up in the long run.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! 80687007-D15B-48E8-AA4D-EDDDBA01991E

Jeep Wrangler JL The Sunrider for Hardtop for the All New Jeep® Wrangler JL is here! 80687007-D15B-48E8-AA4D-EDDDBA01991E

3 years on mine, and it's as good as new. Many more years of enjoyment ahead. :like:

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
I thought I was the only one who had exhausted all cuss words over the ZClips and blamed my arthritic hands for what should have took less than an hour going way past that. This was my first mod that arrived 4 days after the JL came home with me over a year ago. Love how it works, looks, and has held up.

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Good to hear! Thank you -
I tend to baby my Jeep as it's garage kept, but I'm sure you will not even see issues if left outside. Fairly stout material.
Sponsored