First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
The km3 has looked really tempting the only thing stopping me is the weight I want to go to 36s but like the lower weight of the ko2

I think the km3 37” is a d ply which should be a lot better than my e ridgegrapplers

what size do you run?
I have the 35’s. The 37’s are what I have been eyeballing and they are D rated, and the 39’s are C.

Last edited:

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
My load range E Duratracs are just as smooth as my previous Load C tires.
Yep, Duratracs are a superior AT tire with some of the highest all around ratings for various conditions.

Trill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL
I am running e and regret it very stiff and no flex off-road when aired down
What would you define aired-down as. A lot of people think it's 15-20 psi for some reason. Should be 10 max for technical rocks. I'd go down to 8 with E-range nittos and no beadlocks. You can also drive around for a while at 4-5psi on a flat easy trail to break them in.

There is no formula or rule for airing down since it is vehicle and tire specific. For me, the pressure is irrelevant both on-road and off. On-road, I keep dropping pressure until the ride quality is soft enough. Off-road, I keep dropping pressure until the tires are squatting how I like them.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
What would you define aired-down as. A lot of people think it's 15-20 psi for some reason. Should be 10 max for technical rocks. I'd go down to 8 with E-range nittos and no beadlocks. You can also drive around for a while at 4-5psi on a flat easy trail to break them in.

There is no formula or rule for airing down since it is vehicle and tire specific. For me, the pressure is irrelevant both on-road and off. On-road, I keep dropping pressure until the ride quality is soft enough. Off-road, I keep dropping pressure until the tires are squatting how I like them.
10-11 I don’t want to slip the beed

Sponsored

Trill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL
10-11 I don’t want to slip the beed
You should at least be getting some deformation at 10psi but like I said before I would highly recommend driving around on some flat dirt with the tires really low to break in the sidewalls that will help a lot. You won't pop a bead without a good amount of side load even at 4psi.

Keith C

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
High School Athletic Director/ Track Timer
I have 35" Ridge Grapplers that came with the Jeep when I bought it in November and am considering going up to 37s. The Ridge Grapplers have performed well for me on and off road, but are terrible in rain. I am looking at buying a towable travel trailer (3500# max) but still want to do some trails in Moab (dream) and the Rubicon (dream). I don't want the heaviness of beadlocks since it is the everyday driver so what tire would fit well considering all that?
I don't mind the ride on the Ridge Grapplers at all but going up to 37s I probably want something lighter but that can still handle the rocks.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You should at least be getting some deformation at 10psi but like I said before I would highly recommend driving around on some flat dirt with the tires really low to break in the sidewalls that will help a lot. You won't pop a bead without a good amount of side load even at 4psi.
ya I get some but would like more with more air, overall less risk

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have 35" Ridge Grapplers that came with the Jeep when I bought it in November and am considering going up to 37s. The Ridge Grapplers have performed well for me on and off road, but are terrible in rain. I am looking at buying a towable travel trailer (3500# max) but still want to do some trails in Moab (dream) and the Rubicon (dream). I don't want the heaviness of beadlocks since it is the everyday driver so what tire would fit well considering all that?
I don't mind the ride on the Ridge Grapplers at all but going up to 37s I probably want something lighter but that can still handle the rocks.
i am in the same boat, don’t hate them, just think something else would suit me better, especially if I go to 37s

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yep, Duratracs are a superior AT tire with some of the highest all around ratings for various conditions.
And they're one of the lightest tires too!

Sponsored

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I've had lots of flats on D tires tear assing down rocky roads, never yet on an E. Ply rating is the # of plys under the tread, not the sidewall. The E rating doesn't make the sidewall a non-flat tire. E will air down fine. See https://bt39.com/

Mickey Thompson Baja Boss and Baja MTZ P3 have side wall treads that work when aired down. So does the STT PRO
I'm going with one of the above.

Last edited:

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I've had lots of flats on D tires tear assing down rocky roads, never yet on an E. Ply rating is the # of plys under the tread, not the sidewall. The E rating doesn't make the sidewall a non-flat tire. E will air down fine. See https://bt39.com/

Mickey Thompson Baja Boss 38's and Baja MTZ P3 have side wall treads that work when aired down. So does the STT PRO
I'm going with one of the above.
Stt pro are tempting great tire light weight ... if I don’t do the ko2 I would go with a d ply stt pro and feel good about it
Sponsored