Exhaust Help

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
I am having a hell of a time getting the new axle-back exhaust over the factory pipe (above the axle). Got the stock one off no problem. Anyone have any tips or advice?
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I am having a hell of a time getting the new axle-back exhaust over the factory pipe (above the axle). Got the stock one off no problem. Anyone have any tips or advice?
I used a bit of silicone low viscocity lube on the outside of the OEM pipe and the inside of the axle-back, slipped on pretty easy after doing that. If your axle back is pretty heavy you might need a helper. Mine is the Magnaflow Street Series dual FWIW. Might also help to get a 3m pad and clean up the OEM pipe if it's got some soot buildup.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
you might have to very carefully bend the end of the new exhaust, coudlve been bent just a bit from shipping or something. I had to do this with my new AWE exhaust

OP
OP
WilhelmSR

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
I used a bit of silicone low viscocity lube on the outside of the OEM pipe and the inside of the axle-back, slipped on pretty easy after doing that. If your axle back is pretty heavy you might need a helper. Mine is the Magnaflow Street Series dual FWIW. Might also help to get a 3m pad and clean up the OEM pipe if it's got some soot buildup.
Like this??

Jeep Wrangler JL Exhaust Help 1616076676844

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Should be fine
Sponsored