Sponsored

Do you prefer a black or body coloured hardtop?

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs

jesterlou

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX, VW Passet
I like both looks but decided on the painted top - I dont plan to take it offroad, and here in MN while the top will be off part of the year there is a good portion where I'll need it on. Ive been searching for a Sting Grey or Ocean Blue for over a month and theyve been incredibly hard to find – and when I have it didnt have the other options I am hoping for.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I ordered the black hardtop for my Bikini JLR, like the contrast and I thought it might hold up better to low hanging brush...However, I came close to ordering white and would have ordered a matching white top (still black fenders) as that is one killer looking combination!

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

We all have so many taste but that is the coolness feature with Jeep Wranglers. Get all body color or don't I still think regardless of color (even those bright colors) the wrangler just wears it well.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
It’s definitely a matter of taste, but a factor I didn’t consider but am happy about is that the black top looks better with the Sunrider for the hardtop (in my opinion). The Sunrider is one of my favorite things about my Jeep.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
This troll thread is growning weak and dying. Let's kick it up a notch. I'm not a fan of a black hardtop and happily paid to have mine color matched. It was one of the few options I wanted on my, keep it simple, C.O.D. JLR order. An un-matched top screams, couldn't afford to have it color matched. :bandit:
I'm also not a fan of angry bird grills, tire poke that gives a roller skate wheels look, an ornaite jewelry looking wheels, black interiors, fake louvers and JLU's. That covers about 99.683 % of the Wranglers on the road.
Jeep Wrangler JL Do you prefer a black or body coloured hardtop? troll thread

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I took a form follows function approach for the desert sun. The dealer found my choices unusual and asked me why I chose them, when I explained the method of my madness he thought it was a good selling point.

Any part that can heat in the sun and transfer that heat to the interior is white (so body matched hard top). Any part that will not transfer heat into the interior is black (so no painted fenders). End goal being a solar heat defended interior with no fender pinstriping/chip issues. Since all bolt-on accessories are available in black, it fits the aesthetic and the white body accentuates them.

Sponsored

Ravens100

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4, Maz CX-5, 80th Anniv JL 2-Dr (ordered)
I’m in the black top camp but it can depend on the color as well. Darker colors and white can look cool w matching tops. All good.

jeepguy910

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
University Athletics
Vehicle Showcase
New to the JL Forum, just got my JL last week and it really depends on your taste. I went back and forth on the thought and finally went with the color match just because you cant wax the blacktop.

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
New to the JL Forum, just got my JL last week and it really depends on your taste. I went back and forth on the thought and finally went with the color match just because you cant wax the blacktop.
yet another benefit, looking forward to getting a 4xe and ditching my '18 with red fender flares, one less spot to wash, clay, wax

The_Paper_Cut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport 2-Door
I prefer black. Not only that but I also think the fenders should match the top, unless you plan on leaving the top off majority of the time. I just think it looks funny when the fenders are body and the top is black, but that’s probably just me
Sponsored