how much did you pay for your Jeep?

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
Ordered my 2021 JLU 80th Anniversary Wrangler in NY with all the options I wanted and picked it up about 5 weeks later. Paid 4% under dealer invoice with no added fees.

20210207_171310 1.jpg
Sponsored

Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
It was way too damn much😂. Absolutely loaded Rubicon 4 door. MRSP was $69,990 CAN. I was happy to get it for $63,500 CAN and a decent value for my trade.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
It’s so nice to see someone else from Southern California on here. Everyone always talks about how much they got below invoice this and that. It’s just not like that here. Some will say it is but it’s not. Dealers know the demand is high and can sell them pretty close to msrp. I just ordered one so it’s nice to see other people nearby with similar interactions.
This is why I chose to buy from Kent in Idaho...the dealers around here you're lucky to get at MSRP although Rob in Irvine is a great dude who can get you 4% below invoice on custom builds.

I ended up going with Kent and got the 8% off invoice, but I don't mind the hour flight for $100 and a fun little road trip to break in the new JLUR on the 850 mile drive home....hell of an excuse to see a part of the country I'd probably never see and stop in Tahoe for a couple days to make a little mini vacay out of it:like:

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
This is why I chose to buy from Kent in Idaho...the dealers around here you're lucky to get at MSRP although Rob in Irvine is a great dude who can get you 4% below invoice on custom builds.

I ended up going with Kent and got the 8% off invoice, but I don't mind the hour flight for $100 and a fun little road trip to break in the new JLUR on the 850 mile drive home....hell of an excuse to see a part of the country I'd probably never see and stop in Tahoe for a couple days to make a little mini vacay out of it:like:
@SoCal. We did something similar for my mother when she needed a car. Ended up buying in Salem, Oregon, bought one way tickets and drove it home down the coast. It’s so worth it. Fun trip, easy break in, and memories forever.

p.s. how do you like your Cayman S?

Grand Lake Special

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Sport Sarge Green
Occupation
retired teacher & building administrator
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased 2020 Sport S JL 2door in July 2020. Sarge green 2.0 automatic .LSD, Hardtop, Trailer tow, HD elect. 37,175List....paid 32,352+ tax. Oredered in April got it in July. I think it worked out to 13% off

sarge side.jpg

Sponsored

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Man I thought I got a decent deal and I probably did for the area/situation I was in. Had to purchase with a quick turnaround as I am away TDY.

I just picked up a 2020 JLU Sport 2.0l with 27k on it for 33,000. Between pandemic prices and the going rate in the area I bought it is on the high end of the country (3rd vehicle I bought with 200 miles of Lawton). Looked at a few others sports with similar miles and both JKs and JLs were going between 30k and 37k.

Not upset with what I paid as the dealer worked with me and gave me 4K for my truck sitting in their service bay with a blown transmission, transfer case chain slipping and 250k on it.

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Bought my 2018 jlur in 2019 used with 34000 miles on it from a dealer. $50000 original msrp, paid $36000. With 34000 miles in 1 years time, figured it was reliable. Drove well, no mods, no marks underneath so I bought it. 60k miles on it now. Very happy with my purchase.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
:rock:
@SoCal. We did something similar for my mother when she needed a car. Ended up buying in Salem, Oregon, bought one way tickets and drove it home down the coast. It’s so worth it. Fun trip, easy break in, and memories forever.

p.s. how do you like your Cayman S?
yup!

Bought my first NSX from a seller in Portland, Oregon flew one way and drove it almost 1000 miles home back in like '03 best 1000 miles I ever drove as that was my dream car as a youngster.

I had three different ones since then and recently sold my last NSX and got the Cayman S....not as cool as the NSX but it is on a whole nother level as the NSX in performance not too mention much newer with all the new tech. I miss the NSX, but after having three of them over the years it was time for something new.

I'm excited for a whole different animal with my first Jeep tho that is for sure!!! Should be another fun and memorable road trip

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
It’s so nice to see someone else from Southern California on here. Everyone always talks about how much they got below invoice this and that. It’s just not like that here. Some will say it is but it’s not. Dealers know the demand is high and can sell them pretty close to msrp. I just ordered one so it’s nice to see other people nearby with similar interactions.
Yeah it’s just the market and the demand in our area. I wasn’t willing to fly anywhere to pick it up. Was talking to at least 6-7 dealers seriously and all we’re about the same.

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I knew that I didn't want to deal with higher independent bank to get another 2%, so I knew 5% was reasonably easy discount if I wanted to travel.

I was able to get 3.5% below invoice locally. I did think I was going to get a little over 4% based on someone else's deal. I talked to the dealer and it seemed like I was getting that. His deal was 1% under invoice and discount based on 3% holdback. I thought it was a couple hundred under holdback like the other person's claimed deal, but he claimed it was over. It was verbal, it was $400 difference and I just let it go, I wasn't 100% sure of the other persons terms. If I argued it or tried to find another dealer, I probably would have got the last price increased ($350) as I just missed that by a few days.

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Last edited:

anyehc

First Name
Chey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite JLR 3.6 Auto
2Dr Rubicon Delivered in May w/ TL Discount
Sticker: $50,580
Paid: $44,461 before tax

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
2020 JLUR 45k. Bought it in July 9 2020.
Sponsored