OP
OP
fdFifty

fdFifty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Which shop did you go with? I'm in VA I may go with those gears too...I have a jlus that I want to run 35s on
I had my local 4 wheel parts do the work. It’s been holding up well 20k miles later. Break in was a bit harder than I’m used to seeing but otherwise it’s been fine.
Sponsored

tma777

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I'm in the same situation, I've been running 35's on my JLUS since December and while it's not bad it is definitely noticeable with the heavier tires. I stopped by a shop over the weekend and they said to go with 4.10's when I said I wanted 4.56. They said it would rev too high with 4.56, didn't help much with my decision process and just like the forum everyone seems to offer different opinions. It is my daily with light off roading on trails, and the beach. I'm wanting to schedule the order and install this week hopefully but I don't want to regret the decision either, so 4.10 or 4.56?

OP
OP
fdFifty

fdFifty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I'm in the same situation, I've been running 35's on my JLUS since December and while it's not bad it is definitely noticeable with the heavier tires. I stopped by a shop over the weekend and they said to go with 4.10's when I said I wanted 4.56. They said it would rev too high with 4.56, didn't help much with my decision process and just like the forum everyone seems to offer different opinions. It is my daily with light off roading on trails, and the beach. I'm wanting to schedule the order and install this week hopefully but I don't want to regret the decision either, so 4.10 or 4.56?
manual or auto? Also do you plan to spend much time at higher elevation?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
manual or auto? Also do you plan to spend much time at higher elevation?
And which engine? At elevation the 2.0 would be better off and get away with less gear.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Well, from previous experience with muscle cars and eventually my Sahara... I’ll just say that you may wonder if you should have gotten more gear OR hate that you went too far and the vehicle became a nuisance to drive.

I’d recommend finding posts from those with precisely the same powertrain and 35’s. IE 3.6 with auto, 3.6 with manual, 2.0 turbo with auto in a Rubicon because they come with 4.10’s and many will have or had 35’s. That’s the best chance for an apples to apples feedback.

Sponsored

tma777

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Well, from previous experience with muscle cars and eventually my Sahara... I’ll just say that you may wonder if you should have gotten more gear OR hate that you went too far and the vehicle became a nuisance to drive.

I’d recommend finding posts from those with precisely the same powertrain and 35’s. IE 3.6 with auto, 3.6 with manual, 2.0 turbo with auto in a Rubicon because they come with 4.10’s and many will have or had 35’s. That’s the best chance for an apples to apples feedback.
yep left out the important details, 3.6 Auto, don’t spend a lot of time at higher elevations.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
yep left out the important details, 3.6 Auto, don’t spend a lot of time at higher elevations.
Yeah, I’d look hard at the Rubicon owner feedback with that powertrain and 35’s to see what they think about 4.10’s doing the job well or not.

I personally plan to have two sets of wheels so I know I’ll be compromising. I’m leaning toward 4.10’s because I know I’ll never go less than the stock Rubicon tire size and never past a 35.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
4:56 leaves you room to grow, those Nittos are a heavy tire and if you happen to run them in a true 35" down the road lower gearing will be appreciated, and you'll actually use 8th gear as it was intended when it had the stock baby tires :)

Even if you get a bit higher RPM on the hwy that V6 will be in a happier place.

If you already had the Rubicon w/ the already beefier axles and that 4:10 ratio then it would be much easier to say run 4:10s, but since you're paying the same coin regardless what ratio, IMO the 4:56 is the clear choice.

tma777

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
4:56 leaves you room to grow, those Nittos are a heavy tire and if you happen to run them in a true 35" down the road lower gearing will be appreciated, and you'll actually use 8th gear as it was intended when it had the stock baby tires :)

Even if you get a bit higher RPM on the hwy that V6 will be in a happier place.

If you already had the Rubicon w/ the already beefier axles and that 4:10 ratio then it would be much easier to say run 4:10s, but since you're paying the same coin regardless what ratio, IMO the 4:56 is the clear choice.
That is what I’m thinking too, I am currently running 35x12.5/17 Nittos. Thanks for your input, really appreciate it.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
That is what I’m thinking too, I am currently running 35x12.5/17 Nittos. Thanks for your input, really appreciate it.
Where are you planning to regear? Are you on 35's now on your JLUS?

Sponsored

tma777

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Where are you planning to regear? Are you on 35's now on your JLUS?
yes, currently running 35 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I plan to use Big Snatch Off Road in Fredericksburg for the regear. The current ride isn't horrible, I commute on 95 everyday and see 8th gear sometimes but mostly stay in 7th and I still get 17mpg which is pretty good. Tires are load range E too so that makes a big difference in weight. My previous Ridge Grapplers were 285/75/17 and load range C, didn't notice much difference from stock and actually thought about going back to that size and selling the 35's instead of regearing. I ran the 285's with my current lift 2" mopar and it looked decent but I wanted more width a bit taller tire, the 285's are 34x11.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
yes, currently running 35 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I plan to use Big Snatch Off Road in Fredericksburg for the regear. The current ride isn't horrible, I commute on 95 everyday and see 8th gear sometimes but mostly stay in 7th and I still get 17mpg which is pretty good. Tires are load range E too so that makes a big difference in weight. My previous Ridge Grapplers were 285/75/17 and load range C, didn't notice much difference from stock and actually thought about going back to that size and selling the 35's instead of regearing. I ran the 285's with my current lift 2" mopar and it looked decent but I wanted more width a bit taller tire, the 285's are 34x11.
I see...I'm getting about 17 too but on 33 (rubi take offs)...I have to check them out then for a quote.

tma777

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I see...I'm getting about 17 too but on 33 (rubi take offs)...I have to check them out then for a quote.
They quoted me right at $2400 based on a walk in, they are right down the street from me which is convenient.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
They quoted me right at $2400 based on a walk in, they are right down the street from me which is convenient.
They have great reviews from what I just looked up...I think like you I'll regear later down the road and figure out which lift to go with and 34/35's to run and new rims.