Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not my Jeep, but I bet the owner learned a very expensive lesson. Talk about carnage!

For anybody who has never flat towed anything or even for those that have...please...just PLEASE read the manual to make sure you are doing it properly. Would hate for you to reach a similar fate...
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I’ve never even flat towed my jeep and I know- transfer case in neutral, jeep in 5th or 6th gear (manual transmission). Not that I have to worry about it because I don’t flat tow.

I would imagine that this person tried to put it in neutral from 4-Lo and didn’t complete the transfer, or tried to put it in neutral from 4-Hi and went too far... or they just forgot altogether? Who knows. Expensive mistake.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TA1ton

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I’ve never even flat towed my jeep and I know- transfer case in neutral, jeep in 5th or 6th gear (manual transmission). Not that I have to worry about it because I don’t flat tow.

I would imagine that this person tried to put it in neutral from 4-Lo and didn’t complete the transfer, or tried to put it in neutral from 4-Hi and went to far... or they just forgot altogether? Who knows. Expensive mistake.
I really hope it was something like that...just bad shifting...

Guess it’s time for a V8 swap!

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Not my Jeep, but I bet the owner learned a very expensive lesson. Talk about carnage!

For anybody who has never flat towed anything or even for those that have...please...just PLEASE read the manual to make sure you are doing it properly. Would hate for you to reach a similar fate...
The reality is that it's the stupid people who actually funds the economy and makes the world go round.
Sponsored