First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Only regret is getting the steel bumpers. The steel front bumper is nice but the rear is junk - pretty flimsy and actually damaged my rear quarter panel because of how weak it is. I've replaced the rear with a high quality steel bumper from Motobilt.
I would highly recommend the LED lighting package.
Jeep Wrangler JL Any regrets with your JLU purchase? DSCF1343 copy
Sponsored

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
That’s the entrance to reward mine near Lone Pipe, CA. You can actually drive about a quarter mile into the mine.
Cool! I used to live in Bishop, pre-Jeep days, so I might venture that way again.

Thx!

OP
OP
SoCal

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Only regret is getting the steel bumpers. The steel front bumper is nice but the rear is junk - pretty flimsy and actually damaged my rear quarter panel because of how weak it is. I've replaced the rear with a high quality steel bumper from Motobilt.
Jeep Wrangler JL Any regrets with your JLU purchase? DSCF1343 copy
beautiful rig!

yeah at $1900 option I skipped that after seeing what you can get aftermarket for much much less.

really like this one from Rugged Ridge which is on sale for like $650 and comes with $100 visa rebate so it is like $550 and looks amazing!
Jeep Wrangler JL Any regrets with your JLU purchase? 34FEAF6F-3AFA-4B0F-9296-708CF7594C8B

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
beautiful rig!

yeah at $1900 option I skipped that after seeing what you can get aftermarket for much much less.

really like this one from Rugged Ridge which is on sale for like $650 and comes with $100 visa rebate so it is like $550 and looks amazing!
IMO don't waste your money on Rugged Ridge bumpers - get something high quality and American made for just a bit more.

Motobilt makes some awesome armor. Same price as the Rugged Ridge but it does need to be powder coated.
Motobilt Crusher Front Bumper

Sponsored

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
howdy y'all.... with the pending sale of my Explorer I am inches away from putting in my order.

went back and forth between the JT and a JLU.....now I'm 85% sure I'm going JLU

Like the Willys, but now I'm just gonna try and stretch the budget and get a Rubi....Just feel I will have regrets if I don't spend the extra $4-5K to get the best available JLU you can get...I'm a total noob who is more comfortable on the race track than out on the trails, but figure I will probably be addicted pretty quick and might as well have the most capable JLU you can get from the factory

Don't need much more than that...but my must haves are

String Gray

hard top

color matched fenders

tow package

Leather

cold weather package

figure I could save money and just do after market LED's

debating if the Alpine is worth it

debating 2.0 vs V6..... I tow a couple sea doos and just worried about the turbo in the hot days of summer out at the river

anybody have any regrets on options you wish you added or wish you went without or a model you wish you would have went with ???
Whether or not you go with the OEM or an aftermarket, you need to upgrade the halogen lights. I think I get a better light having the wife hold a flashlight ... I chose the Oracle Oculus, but the OEM ones seem fine.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
IMO don't waste your money on Rugged Ridge bumpers - get something high quality and American made for just a bit more.

Motobilt makes some awesome armor. Same price as the Rugged Ridge but it does need to be powder coated.
Motobilt Crusher Front Bumper
I saw my first RR front bumper on a JT and I would agree. They look very cheap IMO almost worse than stock steel. Look cool but I think they would be hard pressed to take any sort of abuse.

YR2SLW

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Parts Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Okay so I loved the Sting Grey and had to have it. After having it... I hate it. Its a pain in the BUTT to wash without chasing it back down with a damp and dry rag. Next time I'll go white or silver.

Get the factory LED lights, they are blinding bright.

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
I would rather have a two door, but my wife keeps saying about the kids or something blah blah blah. I don't know. I just don't want to have to sleep on the sofa for the next 10 years.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Okay so I loved the Sting Grey and had to have it. After having it... I hate it. Its a pain in the BUTT to wash without chasing it back down with a damp and dry rag. Next time I'll go white or silver.

I have the sting gray also - you’re right, it’s more difficult to keep clean than I expected. Regarding the headlights - much better than stock but I think the high beams are pretty weak. low beams are ok.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCal

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

haha...yeah all my other cars are white and silver. Had a black NSX and it looked good for about two hours after a wash, so I wrapped it white...lol

I struggled with going with white, silver or that bad ass gray on my build.

Sting Gray was too hard to pass up..... Jeeps are supposed to be dirty anyways:rock:

I also have unlimited car wash membership just incase I want to keep her clean tho

YR2SLW

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Parts Manager
Vehicle Showcase
haha...yeah all my other cars are white and silver. Had a black NSX and it looked good for about two hours after a wash, so I wrapped it white...lol

I struggled with going with white, silver or that bad ass gray on my build.

Sting Gray was too hard to pass up..... Jeeps are supposed to be dirty anyways:rock:

I also have unlimited car wash membership just incase I want to keep her clean tho
I have yet to temp a car wash. I'm roughly 84" wide and not sure I'd fit. I have only seen stock Wranglers and a few JK's on 33s go thru.

OP
OP
SoCal

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have yet to temp a car wash. I'm roughly 84" wide and not sure I'd fit. I have only seen stock Wranglers and a few JK's on 33s go thru.
hope it fits, it sure is nice to have unlimited washes and keeping it look new so easily.

oldmannewjeep

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Jeep Wrangler JL Any regrets with your JLU purchase? 34FEAF6F-3AFA-4B0F-9296-708CF7594C8B
Nice rig; what roof rack it that please?

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer