jdpatt12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon 2019 Jeep Cherokee , 2015 ford mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been looking at new tires for my jlur I like how the milestars look. Has anyone had them in snow and rain and can give a review. How often do you rotate them. Any notice in mpg decrease?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been looking at new tires for my jlur I like how the milestars look. Has anyone had them in snow and rain and can give a review. How often do you rotate them. Any notice in mpg decrease?
I've had them for about 25k miles now. Been great in everything from the initial rain that raises the oil out of the road to full torrential downpours that obscure view of the lane lines. Just recently had a couple of my first snow storms with the jeep. It handled it uneventfully. In the rain, I haven't felt the need to slow my pace compared to dry road driving. Zero slipping and sliding. In deep snow that hasn't been compacted by lots of traffic, it grips very nicely. On compacted snow roads, a wrangler won't keep up with many other 4wd and awd vehicles, but it still handled well with these tires.
Jeep Wrangler JL Milestar Patagonia MT review 20201223_143757

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The only gripes I have w/ my Patagonias are wet grip & performance in freezing temps, IME there's much better choices if those conditions are a priority. My Pats are pretty slick on wet asphalt and can get scary in freezing conditions. I'll be looking for a 3 peak snow rated for my next set. Oh, and the Pats wear a bit quicker than most tires. I still think they are a decent tire for the price paid, but when I got my Pats I got a smokin' deal, $125 per tire in a 295/70/17, I think they're about $200 now, so for that $200 price point there are many more options.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Mine have been solid in all conditions especially for the price. Got 9000 miles on them now and have been rotating every ~3000. Had them up in the California mountains on stuff like John Bull and Holcomb Creek, drove cross country from CA to southwest Arkansas and spent 4 months dealing with the mud and recent big snowstorm, then drove them up into Utah for some time in Moab. They've been great in 90% of the scenarios I've thrown at them, no signs of cupping, quiet on the highway at the right pressure, and lots of tread left. Performance surprised me in the snow after hearing that they weren't particularly great. In 4H on heavy fresh snow it felt very confident - on icy/packed down conditions it certainly wasn't an Audi on Blizzaks but it has plenty of grip. I wouldn't hesistate on the icy conditions performance unless I was dealing with that 75% of the year. Lots of grip in dry rock crawling situations, but not the best tire for thick mud if you're comparing against other dedicated MTs.

So far I'm happy with these. Lightweight too. Mine are 315/70/17, or 35x12.50x17. I run them at 39psi on the road and just under 15 off road - the high road pressure is essential for proper wear, so you do lose a tiny bit of road comfort if you're used to rolling around at 30psi. I may try KM3s next, but we'll see how I feel at the end of their tread. The price difference is pretty significant.

Jeep Wrangler JL Milestar Patagonia MT review IMG_3923.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Milestar Patagonia MT review IMG_4300
Jeep Wrangler JL Milestar Patagonia MT review img 8

img 7.jpg

Last edited:

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Can confirm, wet grip off-roading is poopoo. Tired performs great on dry rock, good on road manors, great in the snow, and does well in the mud. They were dirt cheap for a 37" tire, once the tread is heavily worn down I plan on trying something a little more top tier.
Sponsored