Fuel Filler Discriminator, Ecodiesel

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
Picked up our new Ecodiesel Rubicon last week. I've decided to run the Amsoil All-in-one additive to add lubricity to the fuel and brought it with me. The filler on the Ecodiesel has a nozzle discriminator to keep the wrong fuel from being added. Jeep sent the gas burner emergency funnel with mine so I had to use my pocket knife to get it open. Not cool. Also, the truck stop down the road has the bigger nozzles that won't fit the opening. I know there are adapters for the nozzles but I really don't want anything with diesel on it riding in the cab. Watched a few Youtube videos of the Volkswagen guys popping the discriminator out of their fillers with relative ease. I would like to remove mine as well. Anybody done this mod? Looks like you have to pull inner fender to get to everything and I haven't had a chance yet.
Sponsored

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
Just an FYI. That is there to keep you from putting def in the diesel tank. Be careful if you remove it.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Just an FYI. That is there to keep you from putting def in the diesel tank. Be careful if you remove it.
I don't see the issue? You are filling the Diesel tank what 20:1 over the DEF tank? That one time out of 20, maybe just pay attention to which one had the little blue cap.....

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
Trust me accidents happen. I have a fleet of diesel trucks and one of my guys did it. Only cost 8 grand. I have also heard of many other instances. All it takes is a couple teaspoons.
I'm not trying to convince anyone not to do it. I'm just giving warning.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
OP wins the innernets with the word ā€˜discriminatorā€™ :CWL:
Please let us know if you remove it, would love to get rid of that thing! I use fuel treatment & will Constantly have to deal with the adapter/funnel.

Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Trust me accidents happen. I have a fleet of diesel trucks and one of my guys did it. Only cost 8 grand. I have also heard of many other instances. All it takes is a couple teaspoons.
I'm not trying to convince anyone not to do it. I'm just giving warning.
Employees, in the main, give less than 2 shits about the company vehicles they drive.

But 8 grand is a chunk of change, and it is nice of you to warn the feebleminded who might browse these threads :like:

OP
OP
Jteakus

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the Volkswagen kit off ebay and it works. It activates the discriminator and opens the fuel flap. I also picked up the correct emergency funnel from dealership today. The funnel would be good for a little fuel poured from a can. Th ebay kit is pretty nice. it has an adapter for the high-flow nozzle and rides in a resealable container. It will probably live in the Jeep. Getting it on the lift tomorrow for a winch. I'm gonna pull the driver rear inner fender and see if i can get to the filler and make it a big hole.

Azbigbear

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ5, 2008 JKU, 2020 JLURD ordered
I ordered the Volkswagen kit off ebay and it works. It activates the discriminator and opens the fuel flap. I also picked up the correct emergency funnel from dealership today. The funnel would be good for a little fuel poured from a can. Th ebay kit is pretty nice. it has an adapter for the high-flow nozzle and rides in a resealable container. It will probably live in the Jeep. Getting it on the lift tomorrow for a winch. I'm gonna pull the driver rear inner fender and see if i can get to the filler and make it a big hole.
Could you provide a link to the eBay product. Thank you in advance.

OP
OP
Jteakus

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Azbigbear

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Ordered mine. Appreciate your help.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jteakus

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

JeepaZona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Jl - Diesel Sting-Grey

Azbigbear

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TJ_HOOKER

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel
Take a look where the jack is stored. Found the black plastic OEM one in a plastic bag tucked in there
Sponsored