D-Rex

First Name
Dwane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Very happy with my installation as well. Being 2.5 years old, my bolts required quite a bit of "persuasion" to come loose, but that was the only issue.

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits IMG_2991
Sponsored

jtjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
running the 3.5 spring in the rear of a very heavy jl and am happy with the ride. So far, these seem to be the best 3.5 springs available for loaded JLs

Only thing to flag is that the spring is not as long as some other manufactures, so depending on how long your shocks are, you may need to add a spacer to keep some light pressure on the spring when at full drop. I am running a custom long arm setup, so this may not be an issue for most others.

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
running the 3.5 spring in the rear of a very heavy jl and am happy with the ride. So far, these seem to be the best 3.5 springs available for loaded JLs

Only thing to flag is that the spring is not as long as some other manufactures, so depending on how long your shocks are, you may need to add a spacer to keep some light pressure on the spring when at full drop. I am running a custom long arm setup, so this may not be an issue for most others.
I'm going to be going with a long travel shock in a few weeks when I go from 2.5 to the 3.5 springs. I think overall lenght of the the rear shocks will be 32 inches. How does this compare with your setup?

jtjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I'm going to be going with a long travel shock in a few weeks when I go from 2.5 to the 3.5 springs. I think overall lenght of the the rear shocks will be 32 inches. How does this compare with your setup?
I am running the fox 2.5s in the rear which are 32.5 extended. In order to keep a little pressure at full drop I added 2.5 spacer in the rear.

Ack that this is a lot of spacer. It does not look weird for me due to the weight, as i sit dead level (I have a trekbox system with the full LOD rear bumper and accessories).

If you are light, you may want to look at spring retainers (i have not looked at these on the JL, so i don't know anything about them).

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am running the fox 2.5s in the rear which are 32.5 extended. In order to keep a little pressure at full drop I added 2.5 spacer in the rear.

Ack that this is a lot of spacer. It does not look weird for me due to the weight, as i sit dead level (I have a trekbox system with the full LOD rear bumper and accessories).

If you are light, you may want to look at spring retainers (i have not looked at these on the JL, so i don't know anything about them).
I didn't realize Fox made a JL shock with that amount of extended length. I running 2.0 now and would buy again. Can you send me the model #.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't realize Fox made a JL shock with that amount of extended length. I running 2.0 now and would buy again. Can you send me the model #.
I’m running the fox 2.5 resi for 4.5-6 inch lift. The front ext. 31” measured , 30.51 listed and the rears are 32.5” ext. I’m running RK 3.5” springs and at full ext. you can’t budge the springs. Don’t want derail the thread, you can look here for pics, also in there is a write up on the things I had to do and keep an eye on with the extra travel.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/crystal-rubi-build.61821/

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Very happy with my installation as well. Being 2.5 years old, my bolts required quite a bit of "persuasion" to come loose, but that was the only issue.

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits IMG_2991
Looks great!

Greyhound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Question for those that have installed the lifts. I know that you set the lengths of the control arms for your specific vehicle & size of the lift, and this in turn helps set the caster & pinion angles. Is there anything specific that anyone uses to verify that it's within spec as recommended? Reading the instructions, I'm comfortable performing the install myself....but the 1 degree variance of the caster/pinion tolerance increases my pucker factor a little bit.

Edit - I will probably get a magnetic angle finder to measure - but what recommendations on where to place the angle finder for most accurate results? Thanks!!

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question for those that have installed the lifts. I know that you set the lengths of the control arms for your specific vehicle & size of the lift, and this in turn helps set the caster & pinion angles. Is there anything specific that anyone uses to verify that it's within spec as recommended? Reading the instructions, I'm comfortable performing the install myself....but the 1 degree variance of the caster/pinion tolerance increases my pucker factor a little bit.

Edit - I will probably get a magnetic angle finder to measure - but what recommendations on where to place the angle finder for most accurate results? Thanks!!
I measured eye to eye on one control arm and then matched it to the other to be sure they were matched. You can put a Long bolt through each end to be sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

The plus or minus 1 degree won't make too much of a difference and is really just meant to give you an idea of where we like to see that measurement fall. You should place the angle finder on the bottom of the knuckle where there is a little bit of flat surface next to the ball joint in order to get the best reading possible! Hope this helps, and let me know if you need anything else!

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Ironically, Dynatrac is my other choice IF my patience starts to dwindle..

I have a full Dynatrac kit at home untouched. I went a different route and didn't use it. It's sitting in the garage.....

Rlhdude

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Limited Willys
91E9F6AB-7320-4115-9AFB-099F91C14329_1_201_a.jpeg

Saturdays Project!!!! Excited to get this in, sadly the alignment shop that knows jeeps well is 3 weeks out on being able to get me in. Guess I wont drive it a ton until then.
Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits 91E9F6AB-7320-4115-9AFB-099F91C14329_1_201_a

Saturdays Project!!!! Excited to get this in, sadly the alignment shop that knows jeeps well is 3 weeks out on being able to get me in. Guess I wont drive it a ton until then.
Awesome, still waiting for my kit to come in, was told another 3-4 weeks :(