2021 Delivery delays

i2canoe

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2021
So I ordered my new Wrangler Nov 15, 2020 - and finally got my VIN in mid February.
It's now mid March and we are still D not D1 yet.
i understand in February that The sky 1 touch, The side steps and The cold weather have been restricted for 2 months now.
Yesterday my dealer let me know The sky 1 touch was just added and The side steps was also recently added but The cold weather group because of the steering wheel is still restricted. Meanwhile I am waiting patiently.
Sponsored

Raz65

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I didn't want to hear that about the cold weather pkg. My order went in Oct 19/20. Have a VIN and D status as of Jan 10 but sounds like I may be waiting longer based on your info.

dchant

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep grand cherokee
I ordered on March 1st. Got a vin 2 days later. And now it’s in f-status now. And I have the cold weather package.

Raz65

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been wondering if the cold weather pkg excuse has just been what the Canadian dealers have been using because I'm sure I've seen lots of US customers getting that pkg lately and taking delivery.

Sponsored

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
I forget which post it was in but someone mentioned that the semi-conductor shortage has caused a delay in Jeeps with the blind spot monitoring and some of the other things included in the "Safety Package".

Raz65

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes....but it's a US customer. As you will find out, Canadian orders will run well past a reasonable time frame without reason.
Yeah, so it seems. I'm now at 5 months, sitting in D status currently.

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
I ordered JLUR 1/11 and it was at the dealer 2/9. I have the cold weather package.

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
So I ordered my new Wrangler Nov 15, 2020 - and finally got my VIN in mid February.
It's now mid March and we are still D not D1 yet.
i understand in February that The sky 1 touch, The side steps and The cold weather have been restricted for 2 months now.
Yesterday my dealer let me know The sky 1 touch was just added and The side steps was also recently added but The cold weather group because of the steering wheel is still restricted. Meanwhile I am waiting patiently.
I think the shortage only applies to Canadians, people in the US have been receiving theirs with this package within 1 month

Sponsored

4father

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HydroBlue Willys
I forget which post it was in but someone mentioned that the semi-conductor shortage has caused a delay in Jeeps with the blind spot monitoring and some of the other things included in the "Safety Package".
My dealer confirmed that my Jeep (as well as other make/model) is affected by the semi-conductor shortage since i have the Safety packages :(

The chips are getting manufactured again, but its going to take some time to recover. Not sure where that leaves us, but any hope of getting my new Jeep this month is pretty much out the door now. :(

jhav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 BMW M4 (MT), '21 JLU HA, '22 JLUR 4xe
I ordered 3/2 - Safety pkg, Advanced Safety, Cold Weather, sky 1-touch -- got my vin 3/4 and build sheet today. Jeep Chat told me it is built and wll ship soon. I'm US, but something seems off in the stories you guys up North are being told.

OP
OP

i2canoe

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2021
I ordered 3/2 - Safety pkg, Advanced Safety, Cold Weather, sky 1-touch -- got my vin 3/4 and build sheet today. Jeep Chat told me it is built and wll ship soon. I'm US, but something seems off in the stories you guys up North are being told.
I am glad you are getting yours build and delivered in the same month - something is very "OFF" with the way Canadian orders are being served... Mine ordered mid November and still not getting built - baaahumbug!

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I am glad you are getting yours build and delivered in the same month - something is very "OFF" with the way Canadian orders are being served... Mine ordered mid November and still not getting built - baaahumbug!
It's the rest of the world, mine was ordered beginning of November and was built first week of March, I am now waiting for it to ship but that won't be until there are a boat load to come to Australia..... It's a long and painful process, only bonus for me is I know my JLUR is built. As an aside we get pretty much everything in the JLUR as standard, so safety, cold weather etc etc, the only options are dual top, steel front bar and camera, luxury pack (Leather, heated seats, painted fenders etc) and painted top. The rest is already included.
Sponsored