What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

sangrosenfeld82

First Name
Sang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Wrangler 2015
Only routine maintenance, changed oil (Mopar oil filter & Valvoline SynPower 0-20W) just ordered a Stahlbus Oil Drain Valve kit...IMO it's the best designed of the easy-drain systems.

Last edited:

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Just small stuff today.
1. Hood struts
2. 15" antenna

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

j3.jpg

Do you find it difficult to close the hood after the install? My JL is lifted with 37s and I'm unsure if it would actually be a benefit or burden in my case. Thanks!! šŸ¤ 

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Do you find it difficult to close the hood after the install?

My JL is lifted with 37s and I'm unsure if it would actually be a benefit or burden in my case.
Your post made me curious, so with a tape measure in hand, I just checked my own situation. My JLU sits on the stock 32"s, and I've the Redline Tuning struts installed. N.B.: these struts do add 1.5" of additional height (when compared to the OEM prop rod) with the hood is in the raised position.

With my JLU's hood raised, I've another 12" of reach before I run out of arm. :) That said, I'm 6'4" with a 35" inseam.

Hopefully the foregoing allows you to extrapolate your own situation.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Do you find it difficult to close the hood after the install? My JL is lifted with 37s and I'm unsure if it would actually be a benefit or burden in my case. Thanks!! šŸ¤ 
Not at all but it does have some spring to it! so far no issues.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
My plans for the weekend sorted...

Relocation of the dual compressor, Odyssey PC1100 install, REDARC BCDC1225D install, and a bunch of wiring and tubing..

American adventure lab is becoming my favorite place to shop..

CA5054AE-8B65-497F-B1AC-8279897DB46B.jpeg
How did the install go?

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Jim just curious who your Jeep dealer is - getting ready to buy next week and probably not buying in PA but wanted to make sure I wasn't leaving out any potential dealers I might have missed =)

-Jim
PM sent. i didn't know if i can say names on here.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Started on my sleeping platform. Have to install the hatch still and do finish work to include painting. Shout out to @LawrenceL for sharing his measurements for this build HERE.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210307_122815_resized_2

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210307_122815_resized_2
I like it, sleeping in arms reach of the beer cooler.....

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Your post made me curious, so with a tape measure in hand, I just checked my own situation. My JLU sits on the stock 32"s, and I've the Redline Tuning struts installed. N.B.: these struts do add 1.5" of additional height (when compared to the OEM prop rod) with the hood is in the raised position.

With my JLU's hood raised, I've another 12" of reach before I run out of arm. :) That said, I'm 6'4" with a 35" inseam.

Hopefully the foregoing allows you to extrapolate your own situation.

Thank you for all the feedback. Much appreciated!!

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Just added the pedal covers. I was back and forth so I thought I would try them. So far, ok.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20210310_123422745
That looks like the same dead pedal I put in last night, but yours looks further back than what I could get mine. What brand is that? Did you modify it or do I just have something different (I've seen several different "brands" that look the same or very similar). It's fine so far where it's at but I have a feeling I'll want to stretch my leg out further on longer trips.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Dude, do you not get how cool it is to be the guy that has to climb on his front bumper to close his hood? That's freaking manly...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? dc170573ed92fdffb0a5e155fb8cd9a6

jetpuck73

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
In preparation for a 3.5ā€ lift and 37ā€ tires I got the Rugged Ridge Spartacus HD Tire Carrier. IMO the hardest part is the tear down of everything to get the hinge installed. The installation itself it pretty straightforward, as is the tire carrier itself. Downsides include the mounting of the 3rd brake light. This requires you to carry an extra allen wrench. IMO they would have done better to offer a torx bolt that could make use of the Jeepā€˜s included tools. Also, this mount leaves the wires more exposed and it just doesnā€™t look that great IMO. At some point Iā€™ll probably get a LED donut light like I had on my old Jeep. All in all, not bad for the $426 I got it for off Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? dc170573ed92fdffb0a5e155fb8cd9a6

I am looking to get one soon for my 37" tires.

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
That looks like the same dead pedal I put in last night, but yours looks further back than what I could get mine. What brand is that? Did you modify it or do I just have something different (I've seen several different "brands" that look the same or very similar). It's fine so far where it's at but I have a feeling I'll want to stretch my leg out further on longer trips.
I have had it so long that I can't remember. I don't believe it is the M.O.R.E . I will try to find and let you know. I really like it. And no it's not modified just installed as instructions told.