Willys Edition JL Club Thread

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
Ordered Willys Sport with manual everything (transmission, windows, locks, small radio, etc....). Two door with soft top. Sarge Green.

Today's update from dealer - projected build date is 3/18/21.
Hey... did you get the premium or standard soft top? It looks like the "premium" top is twill and a $600 upgrade, but I don't see it on the configurator for the Willys Sport. I'm second-guessing whether I want to pay for the hardtop, especially if it comes with the premium soft top. Thanks!

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
I went with the standard soft top. It will usually be in the garage, and am able to often find a shady place to park at work. Don't forsee any problems. Don't think the premium is available on the Willys Sport.

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
I went with the standard soft top. It will usually be in the garage, and am able to often find a shady place to park at work. Don't forsee any problems. Don't think the premium is available on the Willys Sport.
Thanks, yeah, that's what I thought.

Sponsored

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
I ordered my Willys Sport w/ premium soft top.... i don't have it yet, so i can't confirm <sigh>, but that's what is on my order sheet.
Oh, wow... ok, cool! I really like the hardtop and having it during the cold months would be nice, but it's not going to be my daily driver, so I'm struggling with tacking on an extra $1500 for the hardtop and then having to spend another $2000 later to get the soft top that I know I'm going to want as well.

Any other details you can give me? What kind of deal did you get ordering? I plan on doing a black Willys Sport with a manual transmission, add A/C.

Thanks for the reply!

4father

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HydroBlue Willys
Oh, wow... ok, cool! I really like the hardtop and having it during the cold months would be nice, but it's not going to be my daily driver, so I'm struggling with tacking on an extra $1500 for the hardtop and then having to spend another $2000 later to get the soft top that I know I'm going to want as well.

Any other details you can give me? What kind of deal did you get ordering? I plan on doing a black Willys Sport with a manual transmission, add A/C.

Thanks for the reply!
Here's my order sheet with MSRP prices...

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 1615388337722

Pretty much got a little under invoice which, according to my dealer, was a "net deal" for him.
I ended up getting quotes from 5 dealerships in my area and most were fairly competitive (about a hundred or so difference on "out the door" price - incl tax, title, etc...). The dealer we chose was closest to us and matched the lowest quote.

My dealer talked us out of the Hard top. He said that the premium soft top is really close to the hard top in terms of road noise/heat retention. My neighbor also made the point that the soft top is more convenient - ie if you are taking it on a road trip, the last thing you want to do it find a spot to store it when you go take it off.

All dealerships said that Jeep doesn't pass along many incentives for Wrangler, but I also told them that I'm looking the new Bronco as well. Not sure if that made a difference, but it was something for them to consider.

I've heard a lot about a $1000 coupon out there when you order a brochure. I haven't gotten one yet, but my order is also still in "D1" status, so hopefully I get one before I sign any paperwork.

Honestly, at this point, if it means getting my Jeep quicker, i'll forgo the coupon - as long as I don't get it the day after I sign :)

Sponsored

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
Here's my order sheet with MSRP prices...

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 1615388337722

Pretty much got a little under invoice which, according to my dealer, was a "net deal" for him.
I ended up getting quotes from 5 dealerships in my area and most were fairly competitive (about a hundred or so difference on "out the door" price - incl tax, title, etc...). The dealer we chose was closest to us and matched the lowest quote.

My dealer talked us out of the Hard top. He said that the premium soft top is really close to the hard top in terms of road noise/heat retention. My neighbor also made the point that the soft top is more convenient - ie if you are taking it on a road trip, the last thing you want to do it find a spot to store it when you go take it off.

All dealerships said that Jeep doesn't pass along many incentives for Wrangler, but I also told them that I'm looking the new Bronco as well. Not sure if that made a difference, but it was something for them to consider.

I've heard a lot about a $1000 coupon out there when you order a brochure. I haven't gotten one yet, but my order is also still in "D1" status, so hopefully I get one before I sign any paperwork.

Honestly, at this point, if it means getting my Jeep quicker, i'll forgo the coupon - as long as I don't get it the day after I sign :)
Ahhh, looks like you don't have the Willys Sport since you have "cold weather," "technology," etc. which is not offered on the Sport. Plus, it's the 4-door, so that could have something to do with being able to order the premium top as well. I have also heard great things about the JL's soft top, especially the premium one, so you can see why I'd think about forgoing the hardtop. Thanks again for all the great info!

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
Ahhh, looks like you don't have the Willys Sport since you have "cold weather," "technology," etc. which is not offered on the Sport. Plus, it's the 4-door, so that could have something to do with being able to order the premium top as well. I have also heard great things about the JL's soft top, especially the premium one, so you can see why I'd think about forgoing the hardtop. Thanks again for all the great info!
I'll be ordering the 23K package which is significantly cheaper than the 23W package. Yours looks awesome, though!

4father

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HydroBlue Willys
I'll be ordering the 23K package which is significantly cheaper than the 23W package. Yours looks awesome, though!
ah... i keep forgetting that there's the Sport "S". so maybe the difference in 23K vs 23W may be taking that into account.

Enjoy your build!