Sponsored

Received Uconnect update message. Anyone know details?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Sorry if this has been mentioned already. The only thing I’ve noticed since the recent update is my backup lines in the camera no longer turn/bend with steering wheel. They stay straight.
You should still be able to select whether they are fixed or dynamic guidelines in the menu.
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
What version are you guys updating to?

Go into the Dealer Mode by pressing the driver up temp, driver down temp, and front defrost buttons together for several seconds, then tap the Radio Part Information menu item and snap a pic of your screen.

Since this is the second update for 2018 models, I'm curious if we're being updated to 28.30 or a version higher.
This sounds like the Nintendo game controller sequence for unlimited lives in Contra.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Update installed tonight, and I don’t see anything having changed. Off-road pages remained the same, version 17.x.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
‘Merica
Update installed tonight, and I don’t see anything having changed. Off-road pages remained the same, version 17.x.
Takes a few days for that to update

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
‘Merica
Anyone noticed any strange uConnect issues since the update? I am getting a lot of random blue screen of death issues and then it reboots, back to normal. Never had this issue prior to the update. 8.4 model on a 2018.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Anyone noticed any strange uConnect issues since the update? I am getting a lot of random blue screen of death issues and then it reboots, back to normal. Never had this issue prior to the update. 8.4 model on a 2018.
Check your batteries. I had those symptoms when my main battery was about to give up the ghost. Replaced with a Northstar and bypassed AUX, and ever since UConnect has been solid. (Including after the update.)

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Got the update notification yesterday when I turned the jeep off at the store. I told it to go ahead. About 30 minutes later and it was done. My presets were still all good and the GPS coordinates and altitude were working in my off-road pages!

AbWrangler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited
I got the update Easter Sunday, since then me key fobs do not work. I have had it into the dealer twice and they can't seem to find the issue, or recreate the issue. They are ordering a new key to try to remedy the issue. It sounds like it's a fail.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I got the update Easter Sunday, since then me key fobs do not work. I have had it into the dealer twice and they can't seem to find the issue, or recreate the issue. They are ordering a new key to try to remedy the issue. It sounds like it's a fail.
Hi Matt--

Sorry to hear that your dealer hasn't been able to resolve your concerns yet. If you'd like additional support while working with them, please send our team a private message!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
My 8.4 radio prompted me today to do another OTA update. I clicked on update now and about 35 min. later update finished.

I still have ORP.. have noticed nothing new so far. Anyway update completed aok... was driving while it updated.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Do we know what prompts the OTA update? Or does it just wait its turn to get to your specific Jeep? I have not had an OTA update since about 1-2 months ago. This is something new, I suppose??

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Do we know what prompts the OTA update? Or does it just wait its turn to get to your specific Jeep? I have not had an OTA update since about 1-2 months ago. This is something new, I suppose??
The up-dates are rolled out based on the firmware of your Jeep, and some unknown, pseudo-randomness. Jeep learned big time with the (then new) OTA features of the Cherokee's 8.4. Namely, they overloaded the network, only supplied updates for USA Jeeps, etc. So now the updates are pushed out with what seems to be a 2-3 week window. You also need cellular service, so if in an underground garage, or with poor cellular service, you won't get prompted until you have service. Note: you don't need to be subscribed to any of the Uconnect cellular features.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
When available, an update gets offered when you turn off the ignition. The Northeast seems to get them, first. (I am in CT.) I imagine they stagger the rollout by region to avoid overloading their servers.

Mine just started. I have a 2018 with 8.4”

Jeep Wrangler JL Received Uconnect update message. Anyone know details? F7C173C8-B6C1-4A32-A223-3DC61EB42D08

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
When available, an update gets offered when you turn off the ignition. The Northeast seems to get them, first. (I am in CT.) I imagine they stagger the rollout by region to avoid overloading their servers.

Mine just started. I have a 2018 with 8.4”

Jeep Wrangler JL Received Uconnect update message. Anyone know details? F7C173C8-B6C1-4A32-A223-3DC61EB42D08
I've got a 2018 JL V6 also. Louisville, KY, hopefully it will get to me soon.
Sponsored