Sponsored

Has anybody ever regretted buying a Wrangler?

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
The only Jeeps I regret are the ones that i have sold. Each time I sell one, I come to regret it shortly after and end up with another one.
Sponsored

Reactions: TPS

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
As an official old fart, I've had lots of Jeeps, Trucks, Sporty Cars. Don't regret for a moment my 18 JLUR dd. My wife, that always worshipped at the German alter just traded for a 21 JL Sport for her dd. Currently looking for a new to me 48 CJ2A. Got one?
I enjoy watching Dennis Collins’s videos on CJ and Scrambler restorations.

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
Hi Jeep Lovers!

I know this question might sound a bit silly, but I wonder one thing - as A Wrangler is a sort of a "love it or hate it" car, I wonder if you know anybody who bought a Wrangler and regretted it?

I test-drove Wrangler a bit before the order and am still scared and thrilled at the same time. I would like to keep myself being thrilled after the pick-up, not scared.
Yes my only regret would be buying a first run of the 2018 JL. I have a half dozen cases and currently they are putting in the second steering gear because the first one was bad they had to put four radios in my jeep and the worst part now is that my back quarter panel is coming apart at one of the seams. I absolutely love my Rubicon but the issues I am having is it making it a nightmare

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yes my only regret would be buying a first run of the 2018 JL. I have a half dozen cases and currently they are putting in the second steering gear because the first one was bad they had to put four radios in my jeep and the worst part now is that my back quarter panel is coming apart at one of the seams. I absolutely love my Rubicon but the issues I am having is it making it a nightmare
I have a 2018 JL; it has been totally trouble-free.

In fact, judging by some posts on here, my 2018 appears to have been built better than some 2020s and 2021s, painted better, has better rust-proofing, a better auxiliary battery and charging system —knock on wood.

On the other hand, before this JL I bought a JKU Rubicon Recon thinking that it being on its final year, Jeep would have all the bugs worked out. Boy I was wrong; that thing must have been built by a bunch of drunken monkeys.

That’s the problem with FCA in general, though. It is not that they make crap vehicles, it is that they are too inconsistent, from one vehicle to the next, from one batch to the next, from one year to the next.

Owning a Jeep is like a box of chocolates.

arok99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
My Jeep (2018 JLUR 2.0T) was built November of 2018 and I bought it in January 2019. I've had the small issues like replacing the sun visor, the front passenger seat bracket weld came apart so it was making a creaking noise and it was replaced by the dealer. Did the TSB for the gear box which got rid of the dead spot. Had a really loud wind noise as if the window was cracked open coming from the the passenger side. Turned out to be the door gasket so dealership replaced both driver and passengers, it's a lot better but still have wind noise. I've really been impressed with the dealership and their service taking care of warranty and TSB items.

And really my only compliant is the wind noise coming from the top somewhere. My brother n laws JK is so much more quieter, but still no regrets!

Sponsored

Batjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sahara, 2002 Landcruiser
Hi Jeep Lovers!

I know this question might sound a bit silly, but I wonder one thing - as A Wrangler is a sort of a "love it or hate it" car, I wonder if you know anybody who bought a Wrangler and regretted it?

I test-drove Wrangler a bit before the order and am still scared and thrilled at the same time. I would like to keep myself being thrilled after the pick-up, not scared.
Hi Jeep Lovers!

Crickets..🦗🦗 No one regrets buying a wrangler. Its a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand until you've owned one. There's nothing like the feeling you get from a wrangler.👩‍🏫💁‍♀️

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
My only regret is that I didn't get the Rubicon I wanted originally when I bought my first one.

I'd wanted a Jeep for years, test drove a TJ in the early 2000s, but couldn't afford it at the time. Got a Taco instead (good truck, no regrets there either). Moved to California with a better job in 2012, realized that a RWD Tacoma could not handle going uphill in the mountains on icy days. Turned around, drove down the mountain, and right into a Jeep dealership. Got my Black Beauty then, figured I'd buy a Sport and just build on top of that instead of putting the initial hefty cost of the Rubi up front.

I've enjoyed the heck out of it, too. It's been all over the trails in California and the Southwest. Crossed the entire continent twice. Plus, it's been my daily driver, too. I got my money's worth for sure.

Now nine years later (almost to the day) and I've got an order in for a JL Rubicon, handpicked with everything I want and nothing I don't. The realization of a dream two decades old at last!

That's not to say there aren't setbacks and hardships and frustrating Jeep days. The 2012s were extremely buggy (I had the cylinder head problem within like three weeks of driving it off the lot). The electrical work is garbage and I've chased a handful of reoccurring issues in it around for years to no success. But I never regretted buying it. And there was no question that I was going to replace it with another Jeep.

It's definitely not for everybody, though. No passenger who had the 'pleasure' of riding in the back seat of my 2dr has EVER enjoyed the experience 😆 (except, of course, for my dog, rest his soul).

I wouldn't trade it for anything, though. Cannot wait for my Rubi to get here.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I am not going to modify it. There are many reasons. In Poland there is a culture of mud and we miss real rocks. As I have nothing against dirt roads, I do not understand the idea of going through deep puddles of mud in a car.

Lifting the Wrangler just for pure bad look is another thing I am not willing to do. Here in Poland (the whole EU) it is illegal to have metal bumpers. Protruding tires are also problematic. I know how hard it is to get a proper vehicle inspection for my Mustang (real PITA). I needed to change blinkers from red to orange, change headlamps to asimetric and installed fog red light. Fortunately, I did not spoiled the look.

So, I am going to keep Sahara fairly stock.
See what happens when you give up your guns? More restrictions, more regulations, more vehicular related taxes.
Sponsored