danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
someone on the Wrangler forum who just got his posted this pic.

1.jpeg
Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Here’s the interior pic he posted! Nice!!

7C5A0E4F-C064-4132-A6E1-EDE62BEA048B.png
Door looks great, yeah, but.. WTF is with that chair? My eyes!

Edit:
This is probably a meme lying in wait.
Typical Jeep Forum Member: Orders new Jeep with $4500 dual door group option.... Still rocking dining chairs from 1970.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danzy55

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Door looks great, yeah, but.. WTF is with that chair? My eyes!

Edit:
This is probably a meme laying in wait.
Typical Jeep Forum Member: Orders new Jeep with $4500 dual door group option.... Still rocking dining chairs from 1970.
Classic!!! Hahahaha

Sponsored

OP
OP
danzy55

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
With Jeep opening up a "customization" shop wouldn't it be great if you could order and they shipped painted....one can dream!

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
With Jeep opening up a "customization" shop wouldn't it be great if you could order and they shipped painted....one can dream!
Sorry to ask some questions as this my first Jeep. I have been wanting the Mopar Half Doors with Premium Uppers for me 2020 JLUR since I heard about them.

1. If I were to assemble this myself, what exactly am I supposed for buy for each door? The Outer Panels, the Inner Panel, the Interior Handle and the Half Door Fabric Window. Am I missing something?

2. How complicated is this for me to assemble just by myself using only basic tools and minimal mechanical knowledge? Are we talking many hours per door?

I don't think I can wait for FCA to just assemble the whole door for me as it seems that option may not be available till after this summer.

OP
OP
danzy55

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to ask some questions as this my first Jeep. I have been wanting the Mopar Half Doors with Premium Uppers for me 2020 JLUR since I heard about them.

1. If I were to assemble this myself, what exactly am I supposed for buy for each door? The Outer Panels, the Inner Panel, the Interior Handle and the Half Door Fabric Window. Am I missing something?

2. How complicated is this for me to assemble just by myself using only basic tools and minimal mechanical knowledge? Are we talking many hours per door?

I don't think I can wait for FCA to just assemble the whole door for me as it seems that option may not be available till after this summer.
Best thing would be to print those parts order info, go into a local dealer ask the parts dept to put together a quote for you including all the pieces needed. Get the quote then shop it around compare pricing.
I’ve never built a door but given the fact zero glass, etc most likely easy to assemble yourself after you have a paint shop paint them for you.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Best thing would be to print those parts order info, go into a local dealer ask the parts dept to put together a quote for you including all the pieces needed. Get the quote then shop it around compare pricing.
I’ve never built a door but given the fact zero glass, etc most likely easy to assemble yourself after you have a paint shop paint them for you.
Thanks. I will gather all the parts needed and then reach out to my local dealer. Appreciate that.

Doubt I will have them painted though to save me some $$. I am not exactly the most aesthetic person and value practicality over looks.

KrawlSpace

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 3L eco Rubi
Over a thousand bucks a door... I just can't justify it, at least not now. Dang. Realistically these would only be much different from the regular doors during the nice months, so I'll probably just settle for the soft doors for half the year.

At this rate, my jeep is going to look really funny as I will be doing one door at a time over about an eight month period....:CWL::CWL::CWL:

Sponsored

OP
OP
danzy55

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I will gather all the parts needed and then reach out to my local dealer. Appreciate that.

Doubt I will have them painted though to save me some $$. I am not exactly the most aesthetic person and value practicality over looks.
remember they will come bare, no primer nothing...might want to protect that investment especially if you end up spending $3-4K

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd

I'm thinkin' I may shoot them with rattlecan bedliner if I end up getting a set. It might look pretty cool, maybe close to the look of a fabric door. My Jeep is black, the wife's is green. Bedliner doors would probably look decent on either if I wanted to be able to move them between the two (i.e. my wife decides she wants my doors).

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
At this rate, my jeep is going to look really funny as I will be doing one door at a time over about an eight month period....:CWL::CWL:
Lol I was thinking the same thing! I told my wife maybe I'll just start with the driver's door because that's all that matters for 90% of my driving time haha

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
someone on the Wrangler forum who just got his posted this pic.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Half Door Pricing 7C5A0E4F-C064-4132-A6E1-EDE62BEA048B
That looks like a painted door, did he have it painted by a third party shop or did he receive them this way?
Sponsored