Sponsored

EMS

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Clutch disc completely different. Pressure plate had additional retainer added to the centrifugal weights. Mine had been off center, I may have hit them when i did the original install. Either way, the new one should not have that happen

I was also reminded how badly it sucks to change these clutches without a lift. Took me 7.5 hours by myself instead of 11 the first time. I also had my 13 month old daughter repeatedly "helping" me by walking off with whatever tool or bolt I was about to need next 🙄

20210307_142356.jpg

20210307_140544.jpg

20210307_140539.jpg
...just curious here. Did your pressure plate arrive looking like that? Mine was sparkling clean.
Sponsored

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I feel like that HAS to be his original pressure plate.

EMS

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
I feel like that HAS to be his original pressure plate.
Well, that was my thought as well, except that the image at the top of this thread clearly shows the absence of the extra retainer.

EMS

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Well, that was my thought as well, except that the image at the top of this thread clearly shows the absence of the extra retainer.
...or maybe not, as I zoom into the image. Seems it may be there after all.

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
...or maybe not, as I zoom into the image. Seems it may be there after all.
Sorry, that photo is of the one I removed. I forgot to take a picture of the new one

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I can take pics of the new one if anyone needs it for whatever reason, paying for my install next month.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
I can take pics of the new one if anyone needs it for whatever reason, paying for my install next month.
Yes Please. New parts out of the box. And old parts before you send them back.

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I hope this new redesign Centerforce clutch works. Want to replace mine also but want to do it once.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I hope this new redesign Centerforce clutch works. Want to replace mine also but want to do it once.
You and me both buddy, accept I don't want to install it for a third time .... -_-

Sponsored

EMS

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
...been driving it for a few days now, I've gotten used to the lighter pedal and I like it better than the first friction disk/pressure plate combo. It has a very clean and short engagement zone. And most importantly, quiet as a mouse... regardless of wheel speed/throttle combinations that used to make the other install howl.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
...been driving it for a few days now, I've gotten used to the lighter pedal and I like it better than the first friction disk/pressure plate combo. It has a very clean and short engagement zone. And most importantly, quiet as a mouse... regardless of wheel speed/throttle combinations that used to make the other install howl.
That's good to hear, my noise started after about 5thousand miles on the clutch, hopefully you are out of the woods but I wont be positive until I put some mileage on mine. Can you let us know if the engagement point moves up the pedal at all over time? When my was first installed the bite point was literally right off the floor, it moved up about 5-6"s on the pedal.

EMS

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
That's good to hear, my noise started after about 5thousand miles on the clutch, hopefully you are out of the woods but I wont be positive until I put some mileage on mine. Can you let us know if the engagement point moves up the pedal at all over time? When my was first installed the bite point was literally right off the floor, it moved up about 5-6"s on the pedal.
My wookie showed up immediately after the regear, at about 2k miles on the first install. I expect the engagement zone will move up over some time, I think they all do as wear occurs. I will update if any changes occur.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My wookie showed up immediately after the regear, at about 2k miles on the first install. I expect the engagement zone will move up over some time, I think they all do as wear occurs. I will update if any changes occur.
Did your old pressure plate look like ToyCrushers with the weights?

EMS

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Did your old pressure plate look like ToyCrushers with the weights?
Yes, I never had them side by side to compare, but I don't recall much difference in how the weights were installed or how they operated. I think the major difference was on the pressure side, to match up better with the new friction plate.
Sponsored