Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
With all due respect, I posted a picture of Magneto.
You posted a drawing of a magneto. 😁
Still, neither is a Jeep-
Crap... you're right. However I assume Magneto is named after the ignition system.

Reminds me of this other car part named bad guy:

XN5lJeNXVXNR3XC5SwWKbcTyn4ps3uTlCYeKZkj_8x2WJd6ER7.gif

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Could this thing end up being faster that the 392? I mean...if Jeep did it correctly and not half arsed it.

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
1. Science is never “settled,” or at least it shouldn’t be; that’s unscientific. Especially about something like that hasn’t happened yet (anthropocentric global warming leading to catastrophe).

2. A theory under which any observed phenomena can be explained through ad-hoc branches of the theory is inherently weaker than a theory which is falsifiable and makes clear, measurable, finite predictions which are subsequently either validated or invalidated. Translation: extreme weather of all kinds being attributed to global warming- and the term itself being changed to climate change- weakens the theory. Constantly shifting the goalposts weakens the theory.

3. On topic: None of this makes an all-electric Jeep any less interesting. I’m fascinated by the prospect. Oddly, what I’m already pre-annoyed by is the thought of government safety mandates forcing Jeep to make the Jeep make fake sounds when moving at slow speeds so pedestrians don’t get caught off guard. I hate that... let it be silent!

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
3. On topic: None of this makes an all-electric Jeep any less interesting. I’m fascinated by the prospect. Oddly, what I’m already pre-annoyed by is the thought of government safety mandates forcing Jeep to make the Jeep make fake sounds when moving at slow speeds so pedestrians don’t get caught off guard. I hate that... let it be silent!
Maybe they'll deactivate the sound in 4-low, since it's not supposed to be used on-road anyway.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I am actually quite excited about a Wrangler BEV, although it is probably at least 2-3 years away from reality. FCA is way behind in BEV game compared to Ford and GM, Ford already has Mach-E, and electric F150, electric Transit are on the way, GM had volt, bolt, and Hummer. My wife has a Tesla Model Y AWD, and it is almost equally fun if not more to drive her car than Jeep. When you floor the "gas" to merge onto highway, the instant torque/speed will make your blood boil.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
My next Jeep. Love my JLUR but I’ve been wanting a two door for some time, so I hope this all electric two door makes it to production.

7785B8F0-F05E-44A0-B707-4616B08AA691.jpeg
Sponsored